C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Looking for a C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TBD
Looking for a C63

Hey guys looking at getting a C63, Im new to the AMGs and would like to get your thoughts, opinions, what year, and around what price I should be paying for one.
Thanks
Old 03-12-2015, 01:25 PM

Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG, Jeep SRT8
Depends on what you're looking to spend. Where you are buying it would also play as a factor. Maybe if you give some more information I can compare with what i paid for mine or something.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:31 PM

TBD
Originally Posted by jason7
Depends on what you're looking to spend. Where you are buying it would also play as a factor. Maybe if you give some more information I can compare with what i paid for mine or something.
Looking to spend around 30K I live in California I do not know if they make it in a manual but I would like to get in a manual trans if not auto is fine
Old 03-12-2015, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
Originally Posted by AMGBrandon
Looking to spend around 30K I live in California I do not know if they make it in a manual but I would like to get in a manual trans if not auto is fine

oh boy, here we go... clearly you didn't do ANY research at all, about anything AMG related..

that being said, i have a 13', i'll sell it to you for 102k.

price is negotiable.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63 & 2018 GLE63
i am just going to save you the grief before members start bashing you about the search function and that there's plenty of threads here that list every topic you're hitting on:

in my opinion, your question is a bit too broad for someone to answer simply and you're going to have to hit the books and narrow your question down yourself. sorry if i am being a bit abrasive!

here's a basic list of things to review:
1) 2008-2011 w204, prefacelift
2) 2012-2014 w204, facelift
3) 2015+ w205, super ugly (imo)
4) gas mileage is awful, no way around it
5) expect to replace your tires once or twice a year.
6) the "mercedes tax" on mods is killer, meaning you'll shell out a hell of a lot more for comparable mods on a comparable platform (some exclusions apply, of course).
7) stealership is going to be outrageously priced, deal with it. alternatively, you can find a reputable independent shop or complete mods/work/maintenance yourself.
8) your budget, your needs/wants, etc.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:40 PM

TBD
Originally Posted by solekeeper
oh boy, here we go... clearly you didn't do ANY research at all, about anything AMG related..

that being said, i have a 13', i'll sell it to you for 102k.

price is negotiable.
Ok look Im not that stupid my buddy picked one up so I thought hey why not get an AMG since I already have an M Ive looked at some prices already but wanted some opinions and thoughts. I know the trans sucks when in manual mode as it doesn't shift quickly so if anyones done a trans swap to manual that would be great to know
Old 03-12-2015, 01:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63 & 2018 GLE63
from my experience, you'd be looking at a higher mileage 2008-2009 c63 that will be out of warranty. if you tack on fuel costs, eventual tire changes, maintenance, etc... just keep in mind you'll still be spending a pretty penny for upkeep on the vehicle. i suggest you search on autotrader or some type of auto classified for a c63 (if that's the AMG you're looking for), around the model years of 2008-2010, then that'll give you a very good estimate of whether you'll be able to get around that 30k range.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:45 PM

TBD
Originally Posted by lionheart_
i am just going to save you the grief before members start bashing you about the search function and that there's plenty of threads here that list every topic you're hitting on:

in my opinion, your question is a bit too broad for someone to answer simply and you're going to have to hit the books and narrow your question down yourself. sorry if i am being a bit abrasive!

6) the "mercedes tax" on mods is killer, meaning you'll shell out a hell of a lot more for comparable mods on a comparable platform (some exclusions apply, of course).
7) stealership is going to be outrageously priced, deal with it. alternatively, you can find a reputable independent shop or complete mods/work/maintenance yourself.
No I appreciate it! prefacelift or facelift doesn't really matter but probably leaving toward facelift. I agree that the w205 is really ugly. gas and tires not really worried as I already have a M so it would be the usual. The stealership Im not really worried as the service advisor is a good friend and I can also have a couple of indy shops and my good friends that used to own Always Evolving and have the old techs work on it.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:49 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2012 C63 AMG
ya I am selling a 2009 c63 mars red 80000 miles for 30k
Old 03-12-2015, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by lionheart_

Some really good summed up info there. With 30k though, you are looking at prob 2009-2011 years. Anything newer for that price and you would have to be extremely lucky or its a scam.

What color / options were you looking at getting? That will also determine the price.
Old 03-12-2015, 02:01 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
Ok look Im not THAT stupid my buddy picked one up so I thought hey why not get an AMG since I already have an M Ive looked at some prices already but wanted some opinions and thoughts. I know the trans sucks when in manual mode as it doesn't shift quickly so if anyones done a trans swap to manual that would be great to know
Old 03-12-2015, 03:02 PM

Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG, Jeep SRT8
Yeah there's a couple problems with that.

30k will be hard to find, unless you are fine with a high mileage 2009 model, maybe 2010.

You won't find a manual transmission. Not stock. Not for that price.

If you can spend in the mid to high thirties, I'm sure you can find a nicely maintained pre-owned C63. That's what i would recommend to. With a car like this, unforeseen problems will pull at your wallet, especially out of warranty.