C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Adjusting muffler/tips slightly down (1/2 to 1/2 inch)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Adjusting muffler/tips slightly down (1/2 to 1/2 inch)

How can I adjust the rear muffler/muffler tips down approx. 1/4-1/2 inch? The tips are rubbing against the new after market larger diffuser.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 429 Likes on 352 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
I am not sure how much adjustment you can get but you might be able to get a little as they are positioned somewhat by the rubber donut hangers. There is a joint on the left side between the muffler and the resonator that can be loosened and may allow some adjustment down. Definitely good for leveling the tips but may allow some downward adjustment as well. Other than that there are two joints in front of the resonator that can be loosened and may allow a little adjustment. Other than that I think you will have to remove the resonator back and bend the pipes a little. I do recommend this as it is not easy to reverse and is labor intensive. The other trick might be to get some longer donuts that will let the mufflers drop a little when the joints are loose, reposition the tips and retighten the joints. I do not know if you can source longer donut hangers or not.

I have not heard of other people having problems with the tips hitting the diffusers so it may be your exhaust is a little out of adjustment for some reason. Has the exhaust been modified for second cat and/or resonator delete? Might be out of adjustment from that.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
Mine rubbed on my stock diffuser and on bumpy roads you could hear it bouncing off of it. When I had my H&R springs done, they undid the exhaust and when they put it back, there was definitely more clearance. Now it doesn't rub. There has to be some kind of adjustment built in. I'm just not sure how since I didn't do the work.