C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Looking to get a tune.. Any recommendations?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 02:39 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
Yes, I got it done a while ago. Sounds great without any raspiness and noise is comfortable enough on a long drive.
Coming back to the tune, this weekend i drove the C63 on a 1500 mile trip to SoCal and on the I-5 with minimal traffic, I came across a new M5 who was gunning it as well. Long story short, it looked like he was trying to keep up with me rather than it being the other way round which was a little surprising to me. The butt dyno definitely feels lot more power after tuning it.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
+1 on EuroCharged. Jerry has been great to deal with, working with me through initial tune issues until we got it dialed in just right. I asked him for a headers tune one night, and he sent one the next morning - free of charge. I asked him some questions about the tune, and he responded the next day even though the shop is closed. Can't say enough great things about their service, and that's the most important thing in my book.

Besides all of that, the tune itself is BONKERS.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Sidv22
Yes, I got it done a while ago. Sounds great without any raspiness and noise is comfortable enough on a long drive.
Coming back to the tune, this weekend i drove the C63 on a 1500 mile trip to SoCal and on the I-5 with minimal traffic, I came across a new M5 who was gunning it as well. Long story short, it looked like he was trying to keep up with me rather than it being the other way round which was a little surprising to me. The butt dyno definitely feels lot more power after tuning it.
Nice man. Did you also do the res delete or no? I-5 is a fun drive huh? Ive already taken 2 trips down to socal and back with the C63, nothing but straight roads haha. That new M5 is quick as sh*t bro, Im surprised about that too..
Old 03-18-2015, 11:55 PM

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts
2015 E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by Speedriven1
Mercedes didn't want the C63 to totally blow away the more expensive/profitable E63, CLS63, and SL63s. Same reason GM handicapped the Camaro/Firebird in the 90s.

Two quick questions. If it's all about money and marketing, then why doesn't MB offer to do the tuning AFTER the sale themselves? They no doubt have all the optimal tuning metrics from the design engineers in Germany after all. MB would get more money from the customer, in the form of additional service revenue, and the everyone could avoid the voided warranty issue?
Old 03-19-2015, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 Black Series
How about for the C63 BS? Which ecu tuning company should I go for?
Old 03-20-2015, 03:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 761 Likes on 527 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Originally Posted by AMGPower88
Sigh, sadly, there's always that one guy that comes in and thinks he's the sh*t and above everyone else... An ignorant pri*k.. I feel sorry for you man, that your parents dropped you on your head when you were younger.. Am I worried about gas mileage? Lol, Im averaging 15 mpg and I dont give a sh*t about that. I get gas twice a week, I could care less.. I was merely asking for recommendations for a good tune and yes I am on a budget at the moment, whats wrong with that? and yes I am a little worried about reliability, whats wrong with that?? I want to be as much informed as possible and be prepared for the worst if it does come before I get a tune.

If I got confirmation from some of you guys that any reliable tune out there wont break down the ecu after a few thousand miles I would get one, I DD my car, whats wrong with considering the reliability of a specific tune, so dont come in here and tell me that I shouldnt be driving this car or I shouldnt be considering a tune, you got no right to even make a comment like that. Ive heard about some people with tunes going to the dealership and having trouble getting the car serviced, I was just curious if that happened on a regular basis when people get a tune..

Yes, I was considering selling my car because of the headbolt issue and my car not having warranty but now I changed my mind and am keeping it, Get the f**k outta here man.. And btw, If you need some tampons, Wal-mart's down the street..
Holy batman... someone is on their period all right, but it's not the the person that you're insulting (hint: check your underwear for red blotches). You don't like his answer and you throw out every single profanity you can think of? I would suggest you consult a plastic surgeon about getting that penile implant that you so desperately need as you obviously have serious inadequacy issues.

If you want the car to be somewhat reliable - and especially now that it has been aggressively driven for five years - don't f__k with it. The only reliable tune is the one the engineers who designed the engine put on it.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Originally Posted by prodigue
Lockheed Martin. No... maybe General Dynamics... or Raytheon... no. Lockeed Martin. Definitely Lockeed Martin. They do the tune for the Atlas V rocket despite the fact that the first stage is actually a Russian RD-180 engine. Those guys can tune an engine to produce some serious power.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:38 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Diabolis
Holy batman... someone is on their period all right, but it's not the the person that you're insulting (hint: check your underwear for red blotches). You don't like his answer and you throw out every single profanity you can think of? I would suggest you consult a plastic surgeon about getting that penile implant that you so desperately need as you obviously have serious inadequacy issues.

If you want the car to be somewhat reliable - and especially now that it has been aggressively driven for five years - don't f__k with it. The only reliable tune is the one the engineers who designed the engine put on it.
I just checked, nothing there, maybe you should check yours too? Yea I dont like it when someone continuously insults me without having a single clue about my situation. When people like that talk out of their a$$, they need to be put back into their place and Im happy to do it. Inadequacy issues? lol, look man, I didnt start this garbage, all I did was ask for a recommendation for a good tune and explained my situation.. Until someone started mouthing off.

When someone comes in here and throws comments like "You shouldnt drive a Mercedes" Im going to say something back because that's outright disrespectful. I wouldnt expect that from a fellow forum member.. But hey, cant expect everyone to be friendly. Better yet, just take yourself out of this thread before you make things worse. Thanks for your "helpful" advice
Old 03-20-2015, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63 P30
Originally Posted by Sidv22
I had Eurocharged on my previous C63 and I have eurocharged on my current one as well. The guys at EU are great to deal with and they usually respond within no time. When I sold my 09 C63, I had promised myself that I wouldnt tune the new one since the power is plenty for daily driving. But after driving around for around 4 months, the car just didnt have the same feel and punch as the old one and thats when I knew I HAD to get a tune again.These are all just bad habits, once you start you cannot stop lol.
Your car is out of warranty as it is. So go for it!

I wasn't going to tune mine at first then EC did one of their sales and I said to heck with it I want to get the most fun factor out of this car I can.

the driving experience between stock and tuned is certainly different I enjoy the tuned car much more as it's more "alive"....BUT it does have it's risks. I think some of the concern over warranty is a little exaggerated, unless they hookup the ecu and check they likely wont know.
The issue would be if they can prove the tune caused the failure, and if it did it did....just gotta pay the piper and get it fixed.

It's not like Ford which actually had a service bulletin to check the mustang gt's when they came into service to ensure the ECU had not been tampered with and then deny warranty work if it had.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Quit acting like tough guy behind your computer. You question was the similar to a diabetic asking which doughnut is healthiest. He can have one, but under the conditions it may not make sense.

You went off on a name calling, tough guy rant and then had the stupidity to say I was disrespectful and called you names?

Most people get it. When you modify a car, tune, etc. you are already in the mindset and the financial position to deal with issues should they arise.

From what it sounds like, you are in neither.

Not saying that the car WILL have any problems as a result of a tune, but your approach is ridiculous. How can you say "Hey guys, I want a tune that won't mess up my car, I don't have a warranty so I am scared, and (this is the icing on the cake) I am on a budget"

Be a big boy. Be ready.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

^^ Spot on
Old 03-20-2015, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
I agree, for those who are on a budget or are afraid of taking a trip to the stealership for butt raping caused by a CEL... Don't tune at all.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:45 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
Quit acting like tough guy behind your computer. You question was the similar to a diabetic asking which doughnut is healthiest. He can have one, but under the conditions it may not make sense.

You went off on a name calling, tough guy rant and then had the stupidity to say I was disrespectful and called you names?

Most people get it. When you modify a car, tune, etc. you are already in the mindset and the financial position to deal with issues should they arise.

Not saying that the car WILL have any problems as a result of a tune, but your approach is ridiculous. How can you say "Hey guys, I want a tune that won't mess up my car, I don't have a warranty so I am scared, and (this is the icing on the cake) I am on a budget"

Be a big boy. Be ready.
Again, you know nothing of my situation and again you continue to bash. Yea Im prepared to deal with the financial aspect of modding the car if issues do arise but at the same time if there are ways to save here and there, Im going to take it. Im on a budget, because I got bills to pay just like everyone else. Im in my twenties, purchased this car on my own with the money I saved up, did not use any of my family money, worked hard to get to where I am today with the car. Im no rich guy like some people out there who can blow money like water.

Im not afraid to express my thoughts on the tune and you might not agree with it but to continuously bash me and this thread doesnt get me anywhere. Yea I dont have a warranty and I am scared about some things like the headbolt issue and certain mods like a tune but that doesnt necessarily mean Im not ready to pay to play. Im not being a tough guy, I just dont succumb to people who talk out of their a$$ when they're unaware of other peoples situations. Say what you want man, but at the end of the day, I got what I needed out of this thread, I appreciate those that put in their opinion on it and for those that think I made dumb comments, thank you for your input as well.

Last edited by AMGPower88; 03-20-2015 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:49 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,321 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG

Be a big boy. Be ready.
Lol, nice
Old 03-21-2015, 03:50 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,321 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by AMGPower88
Again, you know nothing of my situation and again you continue to bash. Yea Im prepared to deal with the financial aspect of modding the car if issues do arise but at the same time if there are ways to save here and there, Im going to take it. Im on a budget, because I got bills to pay just like everyone else. Im in my twenties, purchased this car on my own with the money I saved up, did not use any of my family money, worked hard to get to where I am today with the car. Im no rich guy like some people out there who can blow money like water.

Im not afraid to express my thoughts on the tune and you might not agree with it but to continuously bash me and this thread doesnt get me anywhere. Yea I dont have a warranty and I am scared about some things like the headbolt issue and certain mods like a tune but that doesnt necessarily mean Im not ready to pay to play. Im not being a tough guy, I just dont succumb to people who talk out of their a$$ when they're unaware of other peoples situations. Say what you want man, but at the end of the day, I got what I needed out of this thread, I appreciate those that put in their opinion on it and for those that think I made dumb comments, thank you for your input as well.
Like a boss.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL55, CLK55, C63BS
Originally Posted by prodigue
The eurocharged tune v5 is what I have on mine !!! Love the tune and love the service The car just performes better!!! sounds better!!! and goes a bit faster !!! And the new upgrades are free ?? Jerry had a clk 63 b s that he did all his research on Great guy Genius
Old 03-25-2015, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Spine55
The eurocharged tune v5 is what I have on mine !!! Love the tune and love the service The car just performes better!!! sounds better!!! and goes a bit faster !!! And the new upgrades are free ?? Jerry had a clk 63 b s that he did all his research on Great guy Genius

Wow!!! A little overly enthusiastic there, my friend!!! Glad it's all working so well for you!!!

Ask VaclavSV here about his recent experience with his purchase of a C63BS that had a EC tune and how much he ended up spending just to sort it out...
Old 03-25-2015, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 P30
Wow!!! A little overly enthusiastic there, my friend!!! Glad it's all working so well for you!!!

Ask VaclavSV here about his recent experience with his purchase of a C63BS that had a EC tune and how much he ended up spending just to sort it out...

I thought the issue there was it was run really really hard, which led to the issues.

not saying a tune can't lead to issues, i just recalled that being the case in that instance.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:36 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by Spine55

We also are one of the only tuners that have a motor protection warranty. If we screw up your car, we fix it, simple as that!
Old 03-25-2015, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Is this ^ true? If so, that's awesome.
Where can the details be found on this "motor protection warranty"?
Old 03-25-2015, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rentzington
I thought the issue there was it was run really really hard, which led to the issues.

not saying a tune can't lead to issues, i just recalled that being the case in that instance.

And what eactly does a tune do to the way the car runs? It certainly doesn't make it run "softer".

I have no first-hand knowledge of what the specifc issues were and am not claiming that it was all because of the tune - but by the same token, you also can't claim that pushing the engine (on what is essentially a purpose-built track car) beyond what the AMG engineers determined would be the "safe envelope" wasn't a major contributing factor to whatever issues it had. If I recall correctly, none of them were with the shocks, suspension or other bits of the car that would have also been pushed equally hard at the track for exactly the same amout time as everything else - it was all engine-related. So - I guess we all get to draw our own conclusions.

Until a company stands behind their "tunes" and offers me a full engine and drivetrain warranty in lieu of the OE manufacturers' warranty (the way Dinan did for example when they installed aftermerket equipment through a BMW dealer), you all know where I stand.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Is this ^ true? If so, that's awesome.
Where can the details be found on this "motor protection warranty"?

Please add me to the list... am dying to find out what is covered. Eurocharged - where can we see the fine print? And, if you don't mind me asking, can you please tell us what engine operational parameters you modify (of course, I am not asking about your intellectual property and proprietary knowlege here, like by how much you advance the timing at a specific RPM for example), but rather a more general, "this is how our tune does what the AMG engineers decided not to give you but is really perfectly safe becuase it doesn't run your motor any harder than it was deemed safe by those who designed it and built it". Can you please shed some light on the magic you perform and tell us how you get more power without subjecting an engine to any additional stresses?

Last edited by Diabolis; 03-25-2015 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 P30
Please add me to the list... am dying to find out what is covered. Eurocharged - where can we see the fine print? And, if you don't mind me asking, can you please tell us what engine operational parameters you modify (of course, I am not asking about your intellectual property and proprietary knowlege here, like by how much you advance the timing at a specific RPM for example), but rather a more general, "this is how our tune does what the AMG engineers decided not to give you but is really perfectly safe becuase it doesn't run your motor any harder than it was deemed safe by those who designed it and built it". Can you please shed some light on the magic you perform and tell us how you get more power without subjecting an engine to any additional stresses?

the warranty info is here http://www.eurocharged.com/about/warranty
pretty easy to find.

Also there are several reasons why an engine might be tuned down from the factory. Environmental concerns in certain countries, not wanting to take attention away from higher end models, etc.

it's been going on for years, car companies dont always release a car (even a performance car) the best possible off the showroom floor.

I equate the ecu tunes today to back before onboard computers and you could tweak timing and adjust air fuel mixtures on the carburetor. Sure it's risky but these are also stout engines, especially considering they release higher end models with the same engine but higher horsepower IE. 507 series.

or with computers, there were specific cpu's that would be rated at one clock rate and you could push the front side bus just a little and it was just as reliable and slightly faster. moderate overclocking was proven to be just as reliable and any impact caused to the chip's life was very minimal if any....however, cranking that sucker up so hot that you have to water cool it and have jet fans inside yeah thats pushing the envelope.

Last edited by rentzington; 03-25-2015 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:41 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
pretty easy to find.

Also there are several reasons why an engine might be tuned down from the factory. Environmental concerns in certain countries, not wanting to take attention away from higher end models, etc.

it's been going on for years, car companies dont always release a car (even a performance car) the best possible off the showroom floor.

I equate the ecu tunes today to back before onboard computers and you could tweak timing and adjust air fuel mixtures on the carburetor. Sure it's risky but these are also stout engines, especially considering they release higher end models with the same engine but higher horsepower IE. 507 series.

or with computers, there were specific cpu's that would be rated at one clock rate and you could push the front side bus just a little and it was just as reliable and slightly faster. moderate overclocking was proven to be just as reliable and any impact caused to the chip's life was very minimal if any....however, cranking that sucker up so hot that you have to water cool it and have jet fans inside yeah thats pushing the envelope.
right on the money

Remember that things like temp, elevation, gas, mods etc all play major roles in the performance of the car!

Remember that mb has to make sure the car runs if Granny smith put in 87 octane and doesn't know exactly what she is doing!
Old 03-25-2015, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

pretty easy to find.

Oh - you mean the warranty that includes the follwing paragraph (my empahsis on the last sentence)?

LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:

IN NO EVENT SHALL EUROCHARGED BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER IN ACTION OR UNDER CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE. Under no circumstance, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall Eurocharged be liable for any damages that result from the use of, or inability to use, the information, materials or products contained in or purchased. Further, Eurocharged shall have no liability or responsibility for any delay in the delivery, installation or use of the products, as well as the service life of the products, performance, applicability for the use intended, proper installation, or the accuracy of information provided. Eurocharged will not be responsible for lost or stolen packages, nor damage caused by our products to other parts on the vehicle.

And, please tell us how the C63BS is detuned from the factory?

As someone on the board pointed out earlier, the BS even has a different engine block compared to the other x63 models where every pair of cylinders in the V have their own cavity to assist the opposing cylinder to move faster by creating a pressure differential that has nowhere else to go except to oppsing cylinder. In other words, it is pretty much a specially designed block to squeeze out the extra 3 HP on top of the 507.

The engines in the other (larger), older x63 cars either had a different exhaust or airbox (I don't remember which) over the P31 C63 that might compansate for the extra 10 hp or so they made over the P31 C63, which btw also ISN'T detuned from the factory although the output numbers are misrepresented for marketing purposes as you correctly pointed out (there is a lot of evidence that indicates the P31 puts out the same power as the 507 but none to the contrary). So, while a tune may be a somewhat viable option for a detuned non-P31 car - and even that raises questions about engine longevity seeing as it doesn't have the lighter and stronger forged engine internals that minimize reciprocating mass - there is no way that you can tune any given engine that is not detuned on purpose from the factory to give you more power without sacrificing something else.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looking to get a tune.. Any recommendations?