C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

CEL P0300

Old 10-12-2015, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
^ Yeah, I just read through everything again. Sorry about that, didn't realize you swapped it out in march.

Since March has the car been running well? How about with the new CEL? Any noticeable differences or did you have the CEL just pop up?

If the car runs and drives fun I'd run that tank down until the car says low fuel and get a fresh tank at a station you've been to regularly. Furthermore, if you have an OBD scanner capable of deleting codes I'd go ahead and erase the codes after refueling and see if anything pops up again.

Then we go from there? Again, I just want to enforce I only recommend removing the code if the car still runs and drives as though there was no CEL.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:56 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
^ Yeah, I just read through everything again. Sorry about that, didn't realize you swapped it out in march.

Since March has the car been running well? How about with the new CEL? Any noticeable differences or did you have the CEL just pop up?

If the car runs and drives fun I'd run that tank down until the car says low fuel and get a fresh tank at a station you've been to regularly. Furthermore, if you have an OBD scanner capable of deleting codes I'd go ahead and erase the codes after refueling and see if anything pops up again.

Then we go from there? Again, I just want to enforce I only recommend removing the code if the car still runs and drives as though there was no CEL.
Car was shaking during the winter until i started using fuel cleaner. Spring time it was fine. CEL was for the shortage and my mechanic said i can replace it but it will go bad again. Its the same upstream o2 sensor. The car runs just fine. No noticable difference. Driving home the CEL went off. Two weeks later it started shaking again and took it to the dealers. Again they recommended to replace the whole exhaust. Ive had the spark plugs and coils replaced earlier this year.