Service B just came on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
13' C63 AMG P31
Service B just came on

Hi all,

Just wanted to get a better idea of what the Service B light stands for. I am a little over 16K miles, not sure if that means anything. I have heard that it is just an oil change and fluid checks. Also, what is a good price for this service? I am sure the dealership will charge a lot for this compared to other local shops. Thanks!
Old 04-07-2015, 08:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 C63 Sedan White on Black
i can get u some info later when i get my hands on my latest service report

which B service exactly are you talking about (I'm assuming B2?)

i remember its a bit more than just oil change and fluid checks, dealer charges somewhere near $600
Old 04-07-2015, 09:37 PM

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
2012 C63 P31 sedan
I'll link this for you as well, 2013 is the same as 2014:
https://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/Digital...ce_Booklet.pdf

You will likely be looking at an oil/filter change, cabin filter change, and brake fluid flush. I would guess around $300 at a dealer. The main items above are for the Service B. The rest of Service B is a bunch of visual checks that I guess are useful, but not really necessary and they eat up a lot of labor time (stuff like testing interior lights, sunroof, etc).

A full service B including all the visual stuff is going to be closer to $600. You can reset the service light yourself in thirty seconds so it is up to as whether you want to pay another $300 for visual checks or just go with the main fluid/filter changes.

Some parts of the country are cheaper and places do put out coupons so check out your local dealers too. An indy will also be cheaper.

Last edited by realjones88; 04-07-2015 at 09:43 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:43 PM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
none
Originally Posted by vastermind
i can get u some info later when i get my hands on my latest service report

which B service exactly are you talking about (I'm assuming B2?)

i remember its a bit more than just oil change and fluid checks, dealer charges somewhere near $600
I was quoted half that.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:55 PM

13' C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by realjones88
I'll link this for you as well, 2013 is the same as 2014:
https://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/Digital...ce_Booklet.pdf

You will likely be looking at an oil/filter change, cabin filter change, and brake fluid flush. I would guess around $300 at a dealer. The main items above are for the Service B. The rest of Service B is a bunch of visual checks that I guess are useful, but not really necessary and they eat up a lot of labor time (stuff like testing interior lights, sunroof, etc).

A full service B including all the visual stuff is going to be closer to $600. You can reset the service light yourself in thirty seconds so it is up to as whether you want to pay another $300 for visual checks or just go with the main fluid/filter changes.

Some parts of the country are cheaper and places do put out coupons so check out your local dealers too. An indy will also be cheaper.
Thanks for the quick response! I am pretty sure this service has to do with everything you mentioned above. I probably won't do the visual stuff if I can reset it myself. Will have to do more research on that. I'm gonna call some shops with Mercedes experience see what they'll quote me at and what the service entails. As long as I have no cel's and I don't pay a fortune then I'll be happy.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:57 PM

13' C63 AMG P31
I'm going to call a shop with MB experience and see what they have to say. Thanks bro!
Old 04-08-2015, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 375 Likes on 335 Posts
2014 E63 AMGs, 2015 F-150 Lariat, 2010 Porsche C4S
Originally Posted by dvoAMG
Hi all,

Just wanted to get a better idea of what the Service B light stands for. I am a little over 16K miles, not sure if that means anything. I have heard that it is just an oil change and fluid checks. Also, what is a good price for this service? I am sure the dealership will charge a lot for this compared to other local shops. Thanks!
Go here and you'll find other discussionHere as well as a .pdf of what you get for your $600+

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ys-paying.html
Old 04-08-2015, 04:19 PM

13' C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by Valvestud
Go here and you'll find other discussionHere as well as a .pdf of what you get for your $600+

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ys-paying.html
I appreciate the link you attached! Thanks man!