C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Bang

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 11:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63
Bang

I might have posed this before. If I did my appologies.
A month ago or so I hit the throttle while rolling at about 30 maybe. It hit first and boiled the tires, second and boiled again, third and smoke was roiling from the tires.
A few days later I did it again. When it hit third, I believe, it went bang and engine rpm dropped.
I rolled along letting it cool and stopped. restarted engine and listened and idled with no indication of any problems. Drove a few miles letting it shift at easy speeds no problems. Decelerated from different speeds letting it shift down by itself no indications of problems.
went through the gears manually, shifting at different rpms but not wide open.
Near as I could tell no problems. Dealer could find no problems.
From fifty years of hot rods and fast cars and drag racing, I know bank is not a good sound.
Only thing found was a small leak at right rear of engine. Tech put some sealer on it. I've got to take it back in to see if any leaking.
When it broke loose like it did it was more than usual. Must have been some dampness, though You couldn't see it in the pavement.
Sometimes I will let it out. I have a stretch, of empty pavement near the house over a quarter mile. I don't drive like a maniac. So don't get that idea. Never get it over a..hem...55 in spirit.
Anyone else experienced similar? Suspension? what...?
Old 04-08-2015, 01:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Bad tranny mount?
Old 04-08-2015, 06:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Truck, 2014 C63 AMG 507
^^^ In reading your description I was also thinking of a tranny or engine mount.