C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

C63 Facelift OEM Front Lip Removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 08:18 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe, BMW 335xi Frozen Silver
C63 Facelift OEM Front Lip Removal

Hey guys, tried doing a search but couldn't find much. Anybody have a DIY on how to remove the stock front lip from the facelifted C63? It's essentially the lower black middle portion of the bumper...

I see a few clips underneath, are there any clips above (where the grill is)? Or is it held by double sided tape? Will I need to remove the bumper to have this done? Thanks!
Old 04-19-2015, 08:43 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C63
look through the grill. You should be able to get to the top clips with a flat head screw driver. Some have been able to remove the under tray to reach up and pop them. They say skinny arms help...
Old 04-19-2015, 05:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by leungsta
Hey guys, tried doing a search but couldn't find much. Anybody have a DIY on how to remove the stock front lip from the facelifted C63? It's essentially the lower black middle portion of the bumper...

I see a few clips underneath, are there any clips above (where the grill is)? Or is it held by double sided tape? Will I need to remove the bumper to have this done? Thanks!
I did mine last week. There are 2 pop out clips underneath the car.
There are 3 that you can see behind the grill. Easy enough to pop these. The only awkward one is the far left upper because you can't reach through the grill to remove it as there is a cover in the way.

Just drop your front under tray down and you can reach up and remove it. Then the splitter just lifts off. Whole job takes about 30 mins. As my car isn't lowered I didn't even bother jacking it up.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:59 AM

Thanks for the help guys. I will be doing it today!
Old 05-05-2015, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C63 Polar White
Mt car with 6k miles is all chipped up I wouldn't mind popping it off and carbon wrapping it myself. Let us know how it goes.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by cmacclel
Mt car with 6k miles is all chipped up I wouldn't mind popping it off and carbon wrapping it myself. Let us know how it goes.
I've been mad lazy...I keep telling myself I'll do it but it never happens LOL. I should do it soon though, don't even know if the lip is a perfect fit..
Old 05-06-2015, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
This should help, about half way down in the thread is a picture. It's super easy to do.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...12-bumper.html
Old 05-06-2015, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C63 Polar White
I just removed mine, carbon wrapped it and re-installed. It takes 5 minutes tops to pull off. You have a push in fastener on each side of the lip on the bottom and then 4 on the top of the lip. The three on the top of the lip I used a small screwdriver and a flashlight then used a pair of tweezers to pull them through the grill. The top fastener on the right side is where the fun begins as there is a cover blocking it. What *I* did was looking under the car *WITHOUT removing anything you can actually see the bottom of the fastener. I used the same small screwdriver and popped it up from the bottom carefully not to shoot it somewhere under the undercarriage covers.

I then reinstalled everything **BUT** on that hard to reach fastener I cut a flat spot in the radius and re-installed from the bottom (upside down). I had to cut a flat spot for clearance as one of the bumper clips is directly below it and without that cut I could not get it in straight.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:58 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 C63 PP
Originally Posted by cmacclel
I just removed mine, carbon wrapped it and re-installed. It takes 5 minutes tops to pull off. You have a push in fastener on each side of the lip on the bottom and then 4 on the top of the lip. The three on the top of the lip I used a small screwdriver and a flashlight then used a pair of tweezers to pull them through the grill. The top fastener on the right side is where the fun begins as there is a cover blocking it. What *I* did was looking under the car *WITHOUT removing anything you can actually see the bottom of the fastener. I used the same small screwdriver and popped it up from the bottom carefully not to shoot it somewhere under the undercarriage covers.

I then reinstalled everything **BUT** on that hard to reach fastener I cut a flat spot in the radius and re-installed from the bottom (upside down). I had to cut a flat spot for clearance as one of the bumper clips is directly below it and without that cut I could not get it in straight.
cmacclel, thanks for this info. I am looking at getting a carbon fibre front lip and read your instructions to see how to install it. I got under my car and what you wrote makes sense. One thing, with the top right fastener, once you pushed it through, how did you retrieve it? From what I can see, it looks like I won't be able to reach it once it's pushed through.
Any other advice would be great.