resale plan for 2012 coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 02:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Merc c63 AMG Coupe, Lexus LX450 Suv
resale plan for 2012 coupe

Hey all!
Love my black, 2012 c63 coupe, options Lighting, multimedia/navi, red/black special leather. No LSD.
About 14,000 miles on it

I'm thinking of going for the next gen coupe once it hits. Possibly early 2016?

In terms of resale value, for both trade in and for direct sale to seller,
How beneficial is the Extended warranty. I have until next February to decide.
Is it worth it to purchase the 1,2, or 3 year plan? Which one if recommended?
Will I get any return on this trade/sell value?

Or will the coupe come out w/ enough time to trade in car before my Feb 2016 date to not require this warranty?

Just wondering, thanks all!!!
Old 04-26-2015, 09:59 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
C63S, 2004 S4, 2001 S4 Avant
I cannot speak on the cost to value of the C63 specifically, but if you plan on trading in or selling the car and are getting an extended warranty anyway go for the longest term as long as the warranty is transferable and refundable. Usually the cost is highest for the first year, and adding additional years goes down in terms of price per year. When you sell/trade the car, you will receive the balance of the warranty refunded, and if you decide to keep the car longer than expected, you are covered. Many extended warranties do not allow you to add more time once you buy the initial plan.

I have gone with extended warranty with most of my vehicles. I had an Accord years ago which required 3 transmission replacements (2 of which were goodwill by Honda) by 60k miles, a Jetta (wife's car) that required no repairs after basic warranty ended, and a BMW 335i that had wastegates twice fail and both turbos fail ($5k repair each) by 70k miles. All had extended warranty that paid for itself several times (except the Jetta, which was mostly refunded when we traded in).