Noob Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG
Noob Questions

Hello All,

I am the proud new owner of a 2013 C63 (20,000mi). The car is amazing, and I absolutely love it.

I have a couple of extremely noob questions, so please forgive me.

1. What do you guys use for interior cleaning? I am afraid to use normal Armor all or any other generic brand. A friend of mine suggested that every car needs specific care for the interior that it has, and you should only use the best cleaners/protectants that are best suited for that specific interior.

2. (Extremely newb) When it comes to modding and things like that, I have never done any of it. This is the first real sports car that I have ever owned. When you are modding and trying to gain horsepower, what is the risk to the rest of the car? I realize the C63 is a beast, but in my ignorant mind, a car like that comes out of the gates ready to roll. I know this sounds naive as people have been modding forever, but how much power can you continue to add (tunes/pipes/air filters etc.....) before you begin to put things like drive train and other things in a car, at risk.

Again, forgive my ignorance. I am just curious. I see a lot of signatures in here with the killer things that people do to their cars, but as this is my first, I don't want to screw it up; again, knowing that the AMG is a beast.

Thanks for taking the time to explain. I look forward to your expertise.

JD
Old 04-27-2015, 03:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 Edition
First off welcome...

As for interior cleaning there are multiple surfaces that require different cleaners, you'll find everyone has a preference, my advice is to go to the dealer, they sell kits for interior and exterior, and they are top notch products (perhaps not the best) . As for modding, note that any mods will void you warranty...whatever you decide go with a reputable tuner!
Old 04-27-2015, 05:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63, S55, 190E 16V, S600 Maybach, S550, GL550
I use "ammo" for all of my cleaning products exterior and interior. They're top of the line products so its going to cost you more than the other pep boys stuff but its not as harsh and really protects all of the parts of your car. If you go to their website they have exterior and interior regimins and sell it all in kits, as well as tutorials on how to use it. For quick detailing on the inside, I use a soft, small interior brush and spray a little quick wax on it and go over the nooks and crannys, then dry it off with a microfiber. The leather i dont use much for as i think the shiny leather look from products like armor all looks cheap, but when i need to clean the leather i just use a little water on a microfiber and go over it with another dry towel. Also if you really want to protect your paint, invest in a lot of good microfiber towels as well as a soap gun if youre really worried about scratches. The two bucket method can go a long way as well. Theres countless videos online of good ways to keep your car clean and protect it while doing so. Like i said before though, ammo products are the best ive found so far, and they have a lot of helpful videos.

As far as mods go, the cars are built to handle some serious abuse. But at the same time it all depends on how far youre willing to go with your mods. If you just want an ecu tune/exhuast/air box, then thats no problem for the engine. But as you get crazier (supercharger kits) you need to start upgrading the internals of the engine to avoid risk of damage. For the most part though light modifications will not stress your motor or transmission much at all. This also depends on how you drive.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:46 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
E55K, Black on Black. C63, Black on Black. SRT-10 NightRunner 363of400
How long have you had the car? If you just got it spend some time with it as it is. Decide where the car is lacking for you. Do plenty of research on what it is that you would like to step up and then go from there. Enjoy!!
Old 05-01-2015, 02:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG
Thank you for the replies.

A tire question:

I just looked at my tires. It looks like I need 235/40 ZR 18 HeavyLoad for
the front and 255/35 ZR18 for the rear. Does that sound about right to everyone? I am looking in TireRack and all I see (by model) is for the Coupe. Mine is the sedan.

Which tires do you recommend?

Thank you again,

JD
Old 05-01-2015, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Welcome and congrats!

1. https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-interior.html

2. This has been discussed a lot but to sum up, there will always be a risk. The most reliable without problems is to start with a tune. There are many places that offer them, but the one I use is V5 tune from EuroCharged. You will hear nothing but great things about them.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...held-sale.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...rged-tune.html

3.There is a better chance of things to go wrong when you start messing with the engine more. Adding a blower / supercharger etc.