C63 4-Door Window Trim Wrap???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 02:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG and 2002 Ford Explorer Sport
C63 4-Door Window Trim Wrap???

Hi to all,

I have been following Ian and his DIY articles as he seems to have made it easier for many of us to do some of the mods pertaining to vinyl wrapping the window trim, DRL frames, grille, and rear chrome pieces.

However the coupe and sedan do not have the same type of trim, at least from what I have seen from his images and from my own sedan. The lower window trim on the sedan pulls straight up and does not involve any clips at all. However there is a strip of rubber that runs along the top of the window trim at the bottom of the windows, and I haven't figured out how to install the vinyl with the rubber on the trim itself.

I am pretty confident I am able to wrap the larger pieces of trim, but I'm not experienced enough to figure out how to get the wrap under the rubber trim itself. If anyone has wrapped the window trim on a C63 sedan, I would sure appreciate some insight. I am a dummy when it comes to things like this. I can build an engine and re wire an airplane, but when it comes to anything body related, I am lost. You might as well give me a can of paint and a wide *** brush, because that's probably the best painting you'll see me do.

Any help would be truly awesome.

Cheers,

Howie
Old 05-08-2015, 09:02 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2012 C63 AMG
I used my fingers and pushed on the top of the rubber. That caused a little gap between the trim and rubber than I used the vinyl squeegee and tucked it in. It is actually easier than it sounds and my trim turned out perfect
Old 05-08-2015, 09:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG - PP+
Mate of mine did my 63, he actually does full wraps as a business and he didn't remove any parts when doing the full chrome trim wraps.

As above carefully slide vinyl under rubber and around edges after cutting, just needs a bit of patience and a steady hand
Old 05-08-2015, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG and 2002 Ford Explorer Sport
Thanks for the input. I'm not sure I have any of those bits-meaning patience and/or steady hand. Does anyone have any extra they'd like to sell? I can buy a little.

Cheers