Eurocharge V6 wishlist

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63 P30
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
I'd much rather be too rich than too lean. I don't know what the point is getting any more aggressive with the tune. I was running AFRs from 12-4-12.8 the other week at The Glen on my street tune, and at redline it was creeping higher than that. That's more than aggressive enough for me and I was on straight race gas - anything more and you're starting to compromise the engine IMO. I don't want to see 13's, it's not worth it to me for a tenth here or there.

And I do have a race gas file in case I'm feeling lucky. Yes, it would be nice to have a better interface. Also agree less gimmicks and sounds, more practicality. Maybe some of the gauges can be changed to show warnings such as knock as mentioned above.

But overall, EC is doing a damn good job for me anyway. We will see when I get her to Atco in a few weeks...

Looking at my dyno I'm around 14 afr (why on earth was I saying afe) at low rpm and the higher the rpm the lower the afr gets which is a nice safe tune...dumps more fuel as the system demands.
I may actually drive stock a while when I get the car back and see the difference then get a dyno before I tune again.

Can't say that I could ask for much more than the v5 has, don't need more pops n crackles and the tune can't change the transmission
Old 05-11-2015, 12:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 C63 coupe P31
Back to the wishlist:
* Double, triple downshift in Manual mode (S and S+ mode can drop several gears)
* Upshift earlier than 1600rpm in Manual mode (C shifts up earlier)
* Starting in 2nd in Manual (C starts in 2nd)
* A "shift" request should last for a few seconds, like it was on my BMW's DCT. This enables upshifting even if you're a little too low in the RPMs at the time of the press, as long as in the following few seconds you reach the shift threshold. This also enables double upshifting.
* More generally the transmission should not lose shift requests in normal driving
* More burbles on overrun
Old 05-11-2015, 12:43 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by sytfu_colan
Who knows if they will still make updates to the w204 platform since w205's are out.

I would wish for an increase in red line if it's safe.
We do have plans for an updated tune file. We would never forget about our C63 community and all of the loyalty from the group! Release date has not been decided yet, so stay tuned for updates.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Allow car to stay in Sport mode after shutting car off!

It's annoying to always have to put it back in Sport mode every time I get back in the car.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:24 AM

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts
2014 VW Touareg, 2012 C63
VALET MODE
THIS

Otherwise, I want to be able to shove corn kernels up my tailpipe and make popcorn.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
VALET MODE
You trust giving your car to anyone...Let alone some guy just waiting for the next performanced car to come along so they can beat on it.
Originally Posted by Iridium Beast
It's annoying to always have to put it back in Sport mode every time I get back in the car.
Would be amazing but I remember a thread about it being almost impossible to do.
Originally Posted by sales@eurocharged.com
We do have plans for an updated tune file. We would never forget about our C63 community and all of the loyalty from the group! Release date has not been decided yet, so stay tuned for updates.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:55 PM

Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts
2019 911 GTS / 2016 X3 / 2015 E63s / 1993 RX-7
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
You trust giving your car to anyone...Let alone some guy just waiting for the next performanced car to come along so they can beat on it.

Would be amazing but I remember a thread about it being almost impossible to do.

On my RX7 I would set the fuel cut at 3500 rpm which would prevent any shenanigans. Plus it was always interesting to hear 99% of the valets/service workers comment on the car not running above 3500 rpm. Why would that be necessary parking my car??????? --> red faces.

Valet mode would be useful.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by thesaintusa
On my RX7 I would set the fuel cut at 3500 rpm which would prevent any shenanigans. Plus it was always interesting to hear 99% of the valets/service workers comment on the car not running above 3500 rpm. Why would that be necessary parking my car??????? --> red faces.

Valet mode would be useful.
That would be funny lol. I think anyone is just asking for it though giving the keys to valet, wether it be a moped or a Ferrari.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:35 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
C63 AMG W204
Exclamation

Eurocharged V6 should makes M shift it self at red line . Like S+ in facelift models

by the way :

are Jerry very busy at the time ? Ive mailed him a couple of times ....no answer :-/

Last edited by Kid Dynamite; 05-19-2015 at 07:40 AM.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:31 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by Kid Dynamite
Eurocharged V6 should makes M shift it self at red line . Like S+ in facelift models

by the way :

are Jerry very busy at the time ? Ive mailed him a couple of times ....no answer :-/
haven't seen anything come in. Send a pm to sales@eurocharged.com, maybe for some reason our spam blocker caught your messages.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63

by the way :

Why would you want that? The point of M mode is to be able to hold gears. Like if a straight on a track is just a hair too long for a gear, it might be better to just tap the limiter for a split second rather than have the car upshift. Or if there is wheelspin and the car happens to touch redline, you don't want the car to cut power and suddenly hook (think drifting on a track). If you want the car to upshift at redline in a pre-FL, put it in S and pull the left paddle. It will hold the gear til redline. And then when you brake, you can force it to downshift.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:59 PM

C63 AMG W204
Smile

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8
Why would you want that? The point of M mode is to be able to hold gears. Like if a straight on a track is just a hair too long for a gear, it might be better to just tap the limiter for a split second rather than have the car upshift. Or if there is wheelspin and the car happens to touch redline, you don't want the car to cut power and suddenly hook (think drifting on a track). If you want the car to upshift at redline in a pre-FL, put it in S and pull the left paddle. It will hold the gear til redline. And then when you brake, you can force it to downshift.
Because in S mode the car shifts @ 6700-6800 rpm with every tune i know....for some "autobahn car-vs-car runs" i would be better if the M Mode shifts it self at the red line so the rpm dont drop so much and im near by the HP-peak.

My red line are set at 7200 rpm in M Mode with the EC V5 (ive installed SLS Valve Buckets and Valve Springs)
Old 05-19-2015, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
Because in S mode the car shifts @ 6700-6800 rpm with every tune i know....for some "autobahn car-vs-car runs" i would be better if the M Mode shifts it self at the red line so the rpm dont drop so much and im near by the HP-peak.

My red line are set at 7200 rpm in M Mode with the EC V5 (ive installed SLS Valve Buckets and Valve Springs)
Strange. I have the v5 tune and mine shifts at 7200 in S. You try the transmission adaptation reset yet?
Old 05-27-2015, 07:03 AM

C63 AMG W204
Exclamation

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8
Strange. I have the v5 tune and mine shifts at 7200 in S. You try the transmission adaptation reset yet?
Tranny reset are done , shifts still at 6800-6900 in S but who cares , i just use M mode when im racing on the autobahn so i can rev till 7500 rpm

To be fair i dont know the other tuners but im VERY satisfied with Eurocharged and their costumer service

Jerry answered me every question no matter how stupid

Best regards from germany

Alex
Old 05-27-2015, 02:49 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by alexmtl
Back to the wishlist:
* Double, triple downshift in Manual mode (S and S+ mode can drop several gears)
* Upshift earlier than 1600rpm in Manual mode (C shifts up earlier)
* Starting in 2nd in Manual (C starts in 2nd)
* A "shift" request should last for a few seconds, like it was on my BMW's DCT. This enables upshifting even if you're a little too low in the RPMs at the time of the press, as long as in the following few seconds you reach the shift threshold. This also enables double upshifting.
* More generally the transmission should not lose shift requests in normal driving
* More burbles on overrun

Great minds think alike. Let me know if the V6 has any of these features. I would like to get it for my car.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 c63
Not sure if this is in my head but 2nd gear doesn't seem to have the torque as 1st or 3rd. But like I say could be in my head but if it's not some tweaking to the 2nd gear range would be cool.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG 507 Edition
Softer throttle mapping (i.e. back to stock or softer) whilst keeping power/torque increases and pronounced throttle blip. Its very hard to modulate throttle application with V5 tune, making clean launches that little bit more difficult.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:44 AM

2010 c63 (p31) w/LSD
Agreed, the throttle mapping of the v5 tune is kinda redic!

Cant wait for v6 tune!

Originally Posted by Bardman
Softer throttle mapping (i.e. back to stock or softer) whilst keeping power/torque increases and pronounced throttle blip. Its very hard to modulate throttle application with V5 tune, making clean launches that little bit more difficult.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:43 AM

2013 C63 Amg
Can we some how figure out how to make the transmission in M mode actually shift when you pull the paddle!

A little more power like 560hp and also increase the torque 20lb/ft

Stay in M or S mode after shutting the car off

Up-shifts can be done at any rpm

A little more throttle when downshifting like a growling rumple

Faster up shifts when in M mode

Start in 2nd Gear

Can you do 2015 Christmas gift? Please!
Old 07-26-2015, 05:34 AM

2010 c63 (p31) w/LSD
Most of your request cannot be done with a EC v6 tune because this is an ECU (Engine control unit) flash not a TCU (transmission control unit). The TCU is a totally separate computer that requires it to be removed from the car and flashed on a bench, Eurocharged does also sell this service but as I stated you have to pull the TCU and send it to them to be flashed.

Originally Posted by Ihopaz
Can we some how figure out how to make the transmission in M mode actually shift when you pull the paddle!

A little more power like 560hp and also increase the torque 20lb/ft

Stay in M or S mode after shutting the car off

Up-shifts can be done at any rpm

A little more throttle when downshifting like a growling rumple

Faster up shifts when in M mode

Start in 2nd Gear

Can you do 2015 Christmas gift? Please!
Old 07-26-2015, 07:14 AM

2013 C63 Amg
Originally Posted by Exhibit13
Most of your request cannot be done with a EC v6 tune because this is an ECU (Engine control unit) flash not a TCU (transmission control unit). The TCU is a totally separate computer that requires it to be removed from the car and flashed on a bencqh, Eurocharged does also sell this service but as I stated you have to pull the TC,U and send it to them to be flashed.
Thank you for clarifying, I did not know that they could still do it. What added to my confused me is another tuner as part of their tune is smooths and fixes hesitation when it is shifting. Now I don't know I guess they could do the TCU along with the ECU. Because this company you already have to ship them you ECU for them to tune. Thank you for the help and explanation.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:08 AM

2010 c63 (p31) w/LSD
This other company you speak of isn't updating the TCU either if you are sending them the ECU and not the TCU, like I said earlier they are two separate computers in your car. What they must be doing is to edit the throttle (controlled by the ECU) during a shift, for example it might be that in the stock ECU software the throttle is reduced during a shift (this is a guess) to allow less wear on the transmission during a shift, so maybe the tune you speak of does this in favor of less hesitation but at the compromise of wear and tear.

Keep in mind AMG has warranty issues to worry about so they make performance that is not the best they can do, but the best they can do while keeping it reliable. If the stock tune is too much they will have to spend millions replacing motors at $60k each under warranty. Aftermarket tuners like oe for example push it harder because they don't care if you grenade your motor it doesn't cost them anything. This is actually why I chose EC for my tune over oe, EC pushes it up but doesn't push it as hard on purpose because they also give a warranty. If you want more power beyond what a EC tune provides get headers, beyond that power increases can be done but become more risky long term.

Originally Posted by Ihopaz
Thank you for clarifying, I did not know that they could still do it. What added to my confused me is another tuner as part of their tune is smooths and fixes hesitation when it is shifting. Now I don't know I guess they could do the TCU along with the ECU. Because this company you already have to ship them you ECU for them to tune. Thank you for the help and explanation.

Last edited by Exhibit13; 07-26-2015 at 08:12 AM.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:44 PM

2009 C63
Outta the v6 I would like to see 2 things.......

1) race starts rev limiter goes to 4k instead of 3400, launching with your foot to the floor using race start at that rpm seems that the car struggles just a small bit to get back in it's power ban before picking up

2) race start uses manual instead of s+ (don't know why but mine shifts at 6500 in s+ wether or not I reset the TCU)

I honestly think a 4k launch in manual would produce nice results at the 1/4 mi
Old 07-27-2015, 01:32 AM

Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts
2019 911 GTS / 2016 X3 / 2015 E63s / 1993 RX-7
Originally Posted by Exhibit13
Agreed, the throttle mapping of the v5 tune is kinda redic!

Cant wait for v6 tune!
Agree 100%
Old 07-27-2015, 07:30 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2017 C63S
VALET MODE
I'd NEVER let a valet park my car.....EVER

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eurocharge V6 wishlist