C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

My First MB Dealer Experience :(

Old 05-12-2015, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C63 Polar White
My First MB Dealer Experience :(

I went to Lynnfield Mercedes (MA) to have a couple tires replaced on my 3 week old 2014 C63. I had a dry rotted front tire and a rear tire that didn't match the rest. The dealer I purchased the car from (Warwick RI Mercedes) was covering the rear mis-matched tire as apparently they missed it before selling me a CPO car. The front tire should have been replaced under warranty no problem in my eyes as a 15 month old tire should not have dry rot between the treads causing a leak.

Lynnfield Mercedes told me that the front tire was not under warranty which to tell you the truth didn't surprise me for some reason. I insisted it was a MFG Defect and that Continental should no doubt cover a dry rotted tire just over a year old as plain and simply this is unheard off. After some friendly arguing they decided to E-mail there Continental Rep which didn't get back to them with a final answer. At this point after hanging out for 4 hours I say I'll pay for the tire and if continental covers it refund me.

So my car pulls up and I walk over to it and see tons of bead sealer all over the rim and tire with some splashed onto the rear fender on both tires that where replaced..........and this is after the car was just washed! Upon further inspection I see they gouged up my wheel in 2 spots. I guess I not surprised that people just don't give a **** anymore, which is why I do everything I possible can myself.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
wonderful flagship motor cars. i bought my 13 there and would never ever go back. they actually called me and gave my a hard time when i gave them a foul review. was a funny conversation.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:51 PM

2014 C63 Polar White
Originally Posted by JeffDL
wonderful flagship motor cars. i bought my 13 there and would never ever go back. they actually called me and gave my a hard time when i gave them a foul review. was a funny conversation.

It stinks the kid changing out the tires muffed up my rim but when I brought it to their attention he took all the labor off the bill which was originally $730 down to $650 and promised me to have the wheel refinished within 2 days after I brought it to him.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
I get my work done at indy shops who need to rely on above average customer service to keep their heads above water. They do this thing called handle with care that goes a long way. Sure, I'd go to the dealer if I needed warranty work, but stories like this keep me away.

My first c63 had a tech tell me that the secondary cats being removed was causing me to fail emissions. Then bragged about how is camaro could run the car down...

I really hope they finish the wheels well for you, but this may be the beginning of a downward spiral. 2 days turns to 5. Refinished turns to kind of touched up. Then you get 3 more scrapes when they remount... etc etc etc.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 civic Si 2004 Acura TL 2013 MB C350
Originally Posted by cmacclel
I went to Lynnfield Mercedes (MA) to have a couple tires replaced on my 3 week old 2014 C63. I had a dry rotted front tire and a rear tire that didn't match the rest. The dealer I purchased the car from (Warwick RI Mercedes) was covering the rear mis-matched tire as apparently they missed it before selling me a CPO car. The front tire should have been replaced under warranty no problem in my eyes as a 15 month old tire should not have dry rot between the treads causing a leak.

Lynnfield Mercedes told me that the front tire was not under warranty which to tell you the truth didn't surprise me for some reason. I insisted it was a MFG Defect and that Continental should no doubt cover a dry rotted tire just over a year old as plain and simply this is unheard off. After some friendly arguing they decided to E-mail there Continental Rep which didn't get back to them with a final answer. At this point after hanging out for 4 hours I say I'll pay for the tire and if continental covers it refund me.

So my car pulls up and I walk over to it and see tons of bead sealer all over the rim and tire with some splashed onto the rear fender on both tires that where replaced..........and this is after the car was just washed! Upon further inspection I see they gouged up my wheel in 2 spots. I guess I not surprised that people just don't give a **** anymore, which is why I do everything I possible can myself.
do you live near a discount tire??? if soo then FYI... if you buy and new or used car and his has more than 7'32 of tread life you can warrenty those tires if u wish for a small fee... or if you are near a NTB I believe they would too as well... but Continental shouldn't have a problem with replacing a tire that dry rotted they would just need the D.O.T. # and date on the tire....
Old 05-15-2015, 10:51 PM

2014 C63 Polar White
I finally got an answer from Lynnfield Mercedes and they are going to cover the dry rotted tire under warranty. Now lets see how long it takes them to give me refund. I'm telling you I thought going to Mercedes you would yield a higher class of service with people actually getting back to you as promised. Both dealers I have dealt where horrible.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:22 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 C63
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
I get my work done at indy shops who need to rely on above average customer service to keep their heads above water. They do this thing called handle with care that goes a long way. Sure, I'd go to the dealer if I needed warranty work, but stories like this keep me away.
This is the truth right here. Find yourself a good indy shop and you'll enjoy the beast for years to come. Not to mention your wallet will appreciate it.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG

My first c63 had a tech tell me that the secondary cats being removed was causing me to fail emissions. Then bragged about how is camaro could run the car down...

I really hope they finish the wheels well for you, but this may be the beginning of a downward spiral. 2 days turns to 5. Refinished turns to kind of touched up. Then you get 3 more scrapes when they remount... etc etc etc.

quoted for the dam truth. stay away from the dealer unless you HAVE to go.

indy shops is where it's at.