C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Purchasing c63 this week (few questions)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63
Question Purchasing c63 this week (few questions)

hey guys, I've been researching a lot on this forum as of late. I've been extremely interested in purchasing a used c63 in the near future. I've test drove a few recently and am in love.

Now i know a lot of people will say "if you have to worry about maintenance and such......then this isn't the car for you"

It's not that i can't afford it, its just how much of my budget i will be putting towards the car. I live in New York and have a family friend who works at MB in the hamptons (not sure if they would be able to help with costs etc.) I will obviously be purchasing an extended bumper to bumper warranty, but this clearly will not cover the these maintenance costs Tires + Brakes.....

I do not drive too often honestly. My job is not even five miles from my house, and always have the wifes car to use to conserve miles lol. I would drive semi aggressive but not like i stole it everyday. I've seen a lot of people like the PSS tires and are among the more cost effective tires....

so my two questions.
1)How often and how much does it run you to replace tires (no track use, and a lot of weekly miles)?

2)How often do you need to replace pads, rotors, etc? and how much does it run you..... ? would it be more beneficial to have a family member who's a mechanic do the maintenance as far as brakes and oil change etc? And are there pads that could be bought elsewhere at a cheaper price but have similar quality to factory pads rotors etc.

thanks for any help
Old 05-26-2015, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
None for now
1) Every 6K-7K miles, or even less, depending on how hard you drive.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:17 PM

Ford Truck, 2014 C63 AMG 507
Even if not tracking the car, how quickly tires and brakes require replacement is still dependent on how aggressively the car is driven on the street.

Tires like the stock Conti's are roughly $250 each.
Brake pads and rotors from MB are pricey. Many opt for equipment from Racing Brake which seem to be about half the cost .
Old 05-26-2015, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
None for now
I would recommend Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. They're one of the best, if not the best tires on the market.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:13 PM

c63
Originally Posted by odonnks
Even if not tracking the car, how quickly tires and brakes require replacement is still dependent on how aggressively the car is driven on the street.

Brake pads and rotors from MB are pricey. Many opt for equipment from Racing Brake which seem to be about half the cost .
thanks guys, since I've posted this thread I've done a lot more research and found you can save a ton of $ buying oem brake parts online from places like ecstuning.com, parts.com, autohauosaz.com, topbrakes.com, oediscountparts.com etc etc.

a good friend of mine is a mechanic which helps. I guess that tires will last 7-10 months which isn't horrible being i won't be driving a ton.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:46 PM

C63
My local Mercedes dealer doesn't charge extra for service just because it wears an AMG badge and they're an AMG certified dealer.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:45 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Jag F-Type V8
Maybe I drive like a grandpa in comparison to some of the people on here, but I have 12k miles on stock conti's and still prob another thousand miles left on them. Probably about 5k of that was highway miles. Tires also saw a drag strip one night with about 14-15 runs.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
CLS550
Originally Posted by odonnks

Thank you for referring RacingBrake to new MB owners.

RB light weight two piece stock replacement is the most popular upgrade for C63 owners.

In fact we are developing a BBK allowing C63 owners to upgrade their standard brakes (360/330mm rotor) to Black Series's larger brakes (390/360) for a bolt on installation (DIY), and the complete kit costs less than a brake job by MB dealers.

Definitely worthwhile for those C63 owners to check this out when your C63 brake is due for replacement - Replace and upgrade at the same time.

Black Series brakes on C63
Old 05-27-2015, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by hoopz87
hey guys, I've been researching a lot on this forum as of late. I've been extremely interested in purchasing a used c63 in the near future. I've test drove a few recently and am in love.
Always great to see someone doing research first instead of just asking blindly. Just like what others have said, Michelin PSS are amazing, as long as you don't floor it ever single time you go (easier said then done), your tires and rest of the items will last you a while. There are enough vendors on here that you can find someone running a special/low price for almost anything. Purchase the car, enjoy every single day, only worry about replacing the items when you get there

thanks for any help
Originally Posted by jmueller
Tires also saw a drag strip one night with about 14-15 runs.
There went half of your tread life