C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

anyone have experience running nitto tyres?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 05:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anyone have experience running nitto tyres?

ill be replacing the oem continentals in the future and im researching what are good options
michelin super sports are the best obviously, but for 265/30/19, the want aud$440ea here in oz
the goodyear assym 2 are about aud$290
the tyre shop also said nitto might be worth a look as they are cheaper again.
i looked at the nitto invo and the nt05. it looks aggressive but treadwear might be an issue
thoughts
Old 06-02-2015, 07:24 AM

AMG
Crap.. most of them are parallel imports in Australia. I wouldn't touch them.

What size tyres are you after? And what's your budget?
Old 06-02-2015, 08:51 AM

whats wrong with parallel imports? besides no warranty, and ive never had a tyre fail on me, i dont see an issue. a road is a road. an amg c63 is pretty much the same overseas as in oz, so saying they r inferior is pretty baseless.
when u consider that the oem continentals would all be manufactured from the same factory overseas, then installed on the various c63 cars and then shipped across the world.
im just trying to use logic here. everytime someone throws out a comment like, its made for an overseas market, its crap, its no good. its like when there was a big hoohaa made about the imported coca cola drinks. u had die hard coca cola drinkers saying its not the same, it tastes like crap. yeah, sure, because human beings in se asia are inferior to humans in australia, and they offer them inferior food products. look, i get it, they have different quality controls, but its all the same ****. the standard deviation in terms of crapness isnt enough to throw the idea in the bin.
the reviews of the nitto tyres r pretty good, for a wide range of vehicles.
my budget is anything up to the michelin super sports at aud$440. i ran the goodyear assym 2 for a while and found them very good. not an issue.
i dislike dunlops, and i have had numerous experiences with dunlops over the years, they have always been noisy tyres, performance wise, they have been ok,not great, nothing mind blowing.

tyre sizes would be 265/30/19 for the rears, and the std fronts at 235/35/19, maybe 245/35/19, but not sure if thats an accepted front size. im sure it would fit
Old 06-02-2015, 09:31 AM

AMG
Before you have aneurysm.. I'll tell you what's wrong with parallel imports..

The fact that on the occasional time you order these tyres, a 265 tyre isn't 265, it comes as a 285 when you measure it up.

It says 265 on the sidewall but when you measure it, it comes as 265.

Buy Nitto Invo's from Sydney, and measure it and if it comes up as 265 then you sir have a great buy.

I bought Toyo R888's for my old C63. I ordered 265's and they measured up 295 lol.
I've still got the photos. Then i got proper R888's from Toyo and they were 265, but at double the price.
I also bought Nitto's and they wrote 265 on the sidewall but measured 285.

I recommend Conti Sport Contact 5 for street driving, that's if you're steering away from Pirelli or Michelin. Don't do Dunlop as IMO they're hopeless.

Toyo T1 Sports are excellent too.
Nitto INVO are crap IMO.
Conti Sport Contact 5 are excellent.
Michelin Super Sports are the best, very soft and i found that wear was very quick with my driving. (every 3 months)
Old 06-02-2015, 09:46 AM

i have found the continental tyres to be very poor for traction, and thats driving ultra conservatively.
ill make sure to measure the nittos if thats the case and make sure they r 265 if im getting them. im not sure how they car manipulate the markings on the side as its molded into the rubber sidewall, but ill measure it nonetheless
Old 06-02-2015, 09:49 AM

AMG
Just measure them up at the tyre shop.
Nitto Invo are horrible tyres if that's what you're trying to get.

If you're after traction go Michelin.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:48 PM

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
C63
Well Nitto is a drag radial. I had Nitto 555Rs on a 470 rwhp car and they hooked very well off the line with a manual tranny rear drive. They run narrow as a tire so check width specs.

Nitto 05 is just a newer model tire and will out perform michelin PSS off the line. In the rain they are so so and cornering ability only average.

If you track or always corner then go with Michelins. If you want to use all our tq offline then go with Nitto.

If my car was not a daily driver I would have NT05 for sure.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by yellows2k
ill be replacing the oem continentals in the future and im researching what are good options
michelin super sports are the best obviously, but for 265/30/19, the want aud$440ea here in oz
the goodyear assym 2 are about aud$290
the tyre shop also said nitto might be worth a look as they are cheaper again.
i looked at the nitto invo and the nt05. it looks aggressive but treadwear might be an issue
thoughts
The OEM continentals aren't a good option in stock 255 form. I have used Nitto Invo's, Goodyear Assym 2, and Michelin PSS's. I'm not a fan of the INVO's. The Goodyear Assym 2 and Michelin PSS's are my favorite tires, but based on the price, I would go with the Goodyears. They offer fantastic grip for the money. The added benefit of going with the Goodyear tires is that they have noticeably stiffer sidewalls than the Michelin tires. Continental and Nittos have very soft sidewalls.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:12 PM

Edited

Originally Posted by I am Jeff
The OEM continentals aren't a good option in stock 255 form. I have used Nitto Invo's, Goodyear Assym 2, and Michelin PSS's. I'm not a fan of the INVO's. The Goodyear Assym 2 and Michelin PSS's are my favorite tires, but based on the price, I would go with the Goodyears. They offer fantastic grip for the money. The added benefit of going with the Goodyear tires is that they have noticeably stiffer sidewalls than the Michelin tires. Continental and Nittos have very soft sidewalls.

Last edited by yellows2k; 06-02-2015 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:15 PM

Looks like assym 2 will be the next tyres for me. I also find it strange that the conti have soft side walls yet the ride is so loud and harsh compared to my brothers rs4 which rides on 20" pirellis. Its either the tyres or suspension that makes it so harsh.
Thanks jeff

Originally Posted by I am Jeff
Old 06-02-2015, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
Gallado Spyder / AMG C63S / Cayenne
go with good year assymatric ? 2. I had a set of 20s before and really liked it..quiet smooth and pretty good grip almost as good as pss.

I feel like they are somewhat quieter than pss as well.

also conti dw are good too
Old 06-03-2015, 02:59 AM

AMG
Glad to see that you're not going with INVO's.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:40 AM

i only asked about the invos cos the tyre shop guy kinda pushed them, maybe he gets kickbacks for selling more volume, who knows. as i said, i have a preferred brand that i like, the goodyears, and the michelins are on my top of the pops list, but they are also the most expensive out there. i use my car as a daily in sydney traffic, so its not like i will explore the limits of the super sports
Old 06-03-2015, 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Hi Yellows2k

No experience with nitto's but I thought I'd randomly mention that continental have their tyre special on at the moment - pay 3 get 4 if price is a consideration. Although mine is the normal 18inch on a pre-facelift, I got the continental 5P all 4 for $1100 and if you read car mag's I think MOTOR mag rated it the best tyre using a A45 as a test. I can't give any comparisons on tyres as I have only had mine for 18 months but the set it came with (5P's) lasted that time with around 15k's of driving. The rears were shot but the fronts were fine but replaced them anyway.

Cheers
Old 06-03-2015, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by buzzpop63
Hi Yellows2k

No experience with nitto's but I thought I'd randomly mention that continental have their tyre special on at the moment - pay 3 get 4 if price is a consideration. Although mine is the normal 18inch on a pre-facelift, I got the continental 5P all 4 for $1100 and if you read car mag's I think MOTOR mag rated it the best tyre using a A45 as a test. I can't give any comparisons on tyres as I have only had mine for 18 months but the set it came with (5P's) lasted that time with around 15k's of driving. The rears were shot but the fronts were fine but replaced them anyway.

Cheers
ok, well even with the 3 for 4 deal, i can get the assym 2 for $290 rears and the fronts at $260, so its about the same price, in 19". the problem with the a45 and using the contis is that its awd, the c63 as u know blows out the rears when i breathe on the accelerator. im sure awd cars have awesome traction.
my rears currently have over 9k km and they r wearing ok, i should get 15k km easy, i just dont like the lack of traction from general daily driving situations that shouldnt warrant wheelspin and lack of grip. i mean, pulling out of a sidestreet with little to no throttle input breaks traction. come on son
Old 06-03-2015, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Fair point on what you say - just trying to help. I do agree that breaking traction easily is a bit annoying even being light on throttle (in sport) but not sure any tyres would help me as I don't have a LSD. For what its worth the place I got my tyres at in the Valley, Brisbane is a stones throw from Merc Bris and they work closely with them for customers and source their tyres and he said never ever get a wheel alignment done on an AMG at a regular tyre shop as no tyre shop in Aus has the correct or up to date machines to do this correctly and only get in done by MB.

And after 18 months got my first speeding ticket today ! *******s

Cheers again
Old 06-03-2015, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by buzzpop63
Fair point on what you say - just trying to help. I do agree that breaking traction easily is a bit annoying even being light on throttle (in sport) but not sure any tyres would help me as I don't have a LSD. For what its worth the place I got my tyres at in the Valley, Brisbane is a stones throw from Merc Bris and they work closely with them for customers and source their tyres and he said never ever get a wheel alignment done on an AMG at a regular tyre shop as no tyre shop in Aus has the correct or up to date machines to do this correctly and only get in done by MB.

And after 18 months got my first speeding ticket today ! *******s

Cheers again
no probs, im just looking for input on tyres, and i think ive been steered in the right direction. i guess ill find out when it comes time to change tyres, then ill give a better review
Old 06-03-2015, 09:49 PM

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
09 Carrera S, , 03 F250 CC FX4
I have not used the nittos on my benz yet but nitto is the only tire that has been on my mustangs for the last 15 years. They are a great tire for the money!
Old 06-03-2015, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 286 Likes on 184 Posts
10 C six trizzle
nitto tires blow. I've used a couple different types and they've all sucked. The 555r's on my supra 430whp at the time - didnt hook very well. invo's on my rx7 - 255's couldnt hold the whopping 230 wheel torque - this is amazingly pathetic - this car is horribly slow. nt05r's on the my blown c63 530whp/tq they didnt hook for **** and lasted 1500 miles. I have a set of excelera cheapo b.s. i got the pair for 160$ new and they hook better than those nitto "R" comp tires did. Just stay away from them they are garbage like the price suggests.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ford svt's, and C63!!!
I have nitto 555s on the rear of mine and I like the heck out of em. "Yes" they still spin, and "no" these cars can't fit big enough tires that'll hold the kinda power these cars are capable of. My car now has a stage 3 weistec blower, and it'll spin less now, than when it was stock even before the headers went on using them goofy *** big-wheel plastic Continentals. I'm sure slicks would dead hook with this car, but short of that, it-is-what-it-is. "A fairly powerful car that has no real-estate for big tires" , buy a fox-body Mustang, problem solved, lol.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ford svt's, and C63!!!
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE
I have not used the nittos on my benz yet but nitto is the only tire that has been on my mustangs for the last 15 years. They are a great tire for the money!
I agree all day long!
Old 06-04-2015, 08:19 AM

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
2024 GLE 63 S AMG SUV
There is a reason that Nitto tires are cheaper. You usually get what you pay for.

I tried Nitto Invos on a C6 Z06 I used to own, they sucked and will never buy them again. Sidewalls are way to soft and it ruined the sharp handling of the car.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
When I had my Nitto invos, I couldn't hook the car at all and this was when I was just tune only. I had also up sized to 275/30/19. The ride was also very harsh, when I switched to the same size 275/30/19 Goodyear Assym2, the ride was noticeably improved. I also noticed that the Goodyear tires were also wider than the same sized Nitto Invos.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 C63 Coupe
My last set of tires were Nitto NT05's. The treadwear rating is horrible, they lasted less than 4000 miles. They hooked well off the line, but only when they were new and properly warmed up. Really noisy, too, compared to my current Michelin PSS. They were cheap, but not worth it in the long run because of the low treadwear rating.

I will never go back to Nitto's, the Michelin PSS's are a far superior tire and cost the same based on mileage. If you can swing it, go with a better brand.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:28 AM

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
2024 GLE 63 S AMG SUV
I agree

Go with the Michelin Pilot Super Sports, you will not regret it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: anyone have experience running nitto tyres?