Mercedes Benz of Arlington - Justmercedes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Thumbs down Mercedes Benz of Arlington - Justmercedes

Has anybody been to that dealership? Or bought a car from them? Particularly the pre-owned side of the building?
Well I would highly not recommend that dealership to anyone!!! Beware of shady/dishonest practices!!!
I started a thread on the ML section but no one has bitten yet so I'm hoping to get more reaction in here since the C63 section is the most active one.

https://mbworld.org/forums/new-m-cla...cel-p20be.html

Basically I recently bought a ML 350 bluetech sold as a CPO. But it came with the CEL on!!! I called the salesmen and sales manager today and I understand why my deal didn't go as expected. They were the less professional people I have ever talked to trying to make me believe I was too picky or nothing was wrong with the car when it left their lot ..... Anyways I have an appointment with the local dealership. So I'll find out if the fault was already there for a while! I'm pretty sure it was!
The car seems to drive well. You just don't expect a CPO to come with a CEL!! Am I really spoiled ... by AMG....? lol
Factory warranty is still active too but it is not convenient to buy a car and realize you have to get it fixed a few days later!
Old 06-03-2015, 09:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by abcut973
Has anybody been to that dealership? Or bought a car from them? Particularly the pre-owned side of the building?
Well I would highly not recommend that dealership to anyone!!! Beware of shady/dishonest practices!!!
I started a thread on the ML section but no one has bitten yet so I'm hoping to get more reaction in here since the C63 section is the most active one.

https://mbworld.org/forums/new-m-cla...cel-p20be.html

Basically I recently bought a ML 350 bluetech sold as a CPO. But it came with the CEL on!!! I called the salesmen and sales manager today and I understand why my deal didn't go as expected. They were the less professional people I have ever talked to trying to make me believe I was too picky or nothing was wrong with the car when it left their lot ..... Anyways I have an appointment with the local dealership. So I'll find out if the fault was already there for a while! I'm pretty sure it was!
The car seems to drive well. You just don't expect a CPO to come with a CEL!! Am I really spoiled ... by AMG....? lol
Factory warranty is still active too but it is not convenient to buy a car and realize you have to get it fixed a few days later!

Sounds shady to me...you drove it off the lot with a cel? I would have left it there until they fixed it...
Old 06-03-2015, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Originally Posted by rickclass
Sounds shady to me...you drove it off the lot with a cel? I would have left it there until they fixed it...
Nope I live in Louisiana. That car was for sale in Virginia. Obviously I asked all the right questions to the salesmen before hand. Carfax showed a regular maintenance with services every 10k miles per the book. Being a CPO I was very confident that it would check out in every aspects.
It got delivered to me yesterday and when I first cranked it the CEL stayed on.

Is there any way I can file a complaint about this dealership? MBUSA maybe?
Old 06-04-2015, 01:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 Edition 1
I've had nothing but bad experiences with Mercedes Benz of Arlington. Their service department is even worse. If you were local I would of suggested that you head to Mercedes in Bethesda as they specialize in selling AMG cars and always have a lot in stock.

I had two extremely bad experiences, one being routine service and the other being a warranty claim at the dealership. I complained to the manager and MBUSA. The dealership offered me a free detail service while MBUSA did nothing.

You should complain to MBUSA as I don't think a CPO'ed Mercedes should have any glaring issues such as a CEL on and see what they can do for you.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
Not surprised.
That dealership is why I only use independents.

They probably figured a quick out of state sale is the perfect opportunity to do something shady.
A CPO Mercedes from a dealer with a cel at delivered is RIDICULOUS!
Call MBUSA
Good luck!
Old 06-04-2015, 08:33 AM

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
2012 C63 P31 sedan
I would complain to MBUSA, but a simple independent PPI would have caught these issues before this car ever arrived to you.

CPO does not mean flawless, especially a demo vehicle. I do agree that selling a car with CEL on is ridiculous though.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
2006 E320 CDI 2014 C63 507 Coupe 2012 E550 4M 2016 E63s Wagon
I'm sure your local dealer will sort it out and it won't be a big deal for you, but MBUSA might not be to happy with the selling dealer. It is my understanding that in order to be CPO the dealer must pay to bring the car up to certain specs (tires, brakes, mechanical, etc) before they can pay the certification fee to MBUSA to warranty it. If the seller skipped servicing the car it puts undue burden on MBUSA to pay for the repair. That said it is a 2012 so it may have been under original factory warranty during CPO process in which case I'm not sure who would pay for the repair. I still bet this is a minor issue.

PS did you get 2 free services and/or payments with the deal?
Old 06-04-2015, 11:52 AM

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
2024 GLE 63 S AMG SUV
Should still be under factory warranty with it being a CPO car.

Depending on what the problem is, it is possible that when they loaded the car up for delivery that it did not have any codes.

If it did have any codes they should still be in memory, unless they erased them

Good luck and hope you get it fixed soon