comand malfunction after 2015 map upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
comand malfunction after 2015 map upgrade

Hi everyone:

I have a 2009 C63 and I purchased the 2015 navigation map update through MBUSA. They actually sent me an email informing me of how old my previous maps were. So I bit and purchased the DVDs.

They arrived in the mail and I began the installation procedure. All functions aside from Navigation function worked properly during installation. Both DVDs installed and the system restarted on its own accord.

Unfortunately, after completing installation, the Comand system turns on and turns off every minute or so. I cannot change the radio channel, but I do have volume functionality and am able to turn off the radio (it's stuck on my Sirius radio margaritaville station, so it could be worse). I drove around for a bit earlier this morning and this afternoon (at least an hour) and the comand system continued to turn on and off. What I mean by that is the Mercedes Logo would come on followed by the Comand warning and then the system would shut down and restart over again.

I'm a bit miffed as to why the whole system is now malfunctioning after a simple map update. Any assistance would be fantastic. Thanks in advance!

Rohit
Old 07-08-2015, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 286 Likes on 184 Posts
10 C six trizzle
theres a good chance you need the dealer to do the full telematics update to your audio system. Sometimes the map update is too far ahead of the headunits software. If you've got a good relation with your dealer and explain your frustration there's a good chance they'll comp it.
Old 07-11-2015, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 Coupe 507 Ed
Software is hard to fix without proper equipment. Take it to your local dealer and be nice, they might not charge you.