C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

COMAND Screen stuck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
COMAND Screen stuck

Ive done quite a bit of searching on here and the only solutions i have found were people pulling the fuses to reset the system. I have done that and still stuck.

The issue started when the door wouldn't close all the way.
I would have to hit the power button off then on again and it would completely close. Finally the screen is stuck opened and won't fold down. When the car is turned off the screen will move slightly then go back to its original upright position. Anyone else experience this and if so any resolution?
Old 07-29-2017, 07:35 PM

2011 C300
I know this thread is old but I am having the exact same issue and can't find a cure. This all happened after the screen not closing properly. It started working normal and was fine for many months then started again and ultimately now will not fold down. The prior times, the issue was with the cover closing only. Now the whole thing is staying open. I too have tried the fuses. I also removed the unit previously to clean it but it wasn't dirty.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:38 PM

2008 Lexus IS-F, 2015 Subaru WRX
I have the same problem with mine. What I've found is that you can keep pressing the close button and it will move a half inch or so each click, and you can get it to eventually close with enough clicks (just don't get your finger pinched).

I had it to a German auto repair shop and they said it was throwing a code about the sensor or something for the navi.

Apparently it's something to do with a failsafe sensor in the unit that thinks the unit isn't performing properly, so it stops the screen from opening/closing. They said there's no simple replacement part, the whole system is integrated.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:53 PM

2011 C300
Thanks

Originally Posted by amg4evah
I have the same problem with mine. What I've found is that you can keep pressing the close button and it will move a half inch or so each click, and you can get it to eventually close with enough clicks (just don't get your finger pinched).

I had it to a German auto repair shop and they said it was throwing a code about the sensor or something for the navi.

Apparently it's something to do with a failsafe sensor in the unit that thinks the unit isn't performing properly, so it stops the screen from opening/closing. They said there's no simple replacement part, the whole system is integrated.
Thanks, I suspected it was so,e kind of sensor. Was it Star diagnostics that found the code? I am able to get the screen to close as you suggested but the cover stays up.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:43 PM

2008 Lexus IS-F, 2015 Subaru WRX
Originally Posted by Peteg256
Thanks, I suspected it was so,e kind of sensor. Was it Star diagnostics that found the code? I am able to get the screen to close as you suggested but the cover stays up.
The cover closes on mine, I just have to keep pressing and try not to pinch my finger.

I took it to a third party, not a dealer, but I believe they used the star diagnostics tool, they specialize in German cars.