C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

C63 P31 Eurocharged V5 vs. DynoDynamics Dyno - Round 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 04:52 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
C63 AMG
C63 P31 Eurocharged V5 vs. DynoDynamics Dyno - Round 2

Last July I purchased a 2012 C63 P31 and was blown away by it. A couple weeks later I bit the bullet and decided to pay the guys at my local Eurocharged (Toronto) a visit. Some of you may remember the thread I made post tune and dune. But I will recap what happened below.

Upon getting the car tuned, we put her on the dyno. I was nervous and excited at the same time. I had a 500hp+ figure in my head after tune going into this after I looked at some numbers from other users who got EC V5's on their respective C63's.

Low and behold, the car spit out the numbers and I was shocked...in a bad way.

not only was the car was pushing WAY below ideal numbers, it wasn't even meeting stock numbers.

here is the chart after a couple pulls:

upon inspection, the guys at EC chalked up the decrease in performance to dirty filters and the car needing another round of base servicing needing. Needless to say, I was upset. I was also told later on by many here, that the DynoDynamics dyno is known as the "heartbreak" dyno as it reads low compared to the other dyno's like the dynojet etc. "I WILL BE BACK" I said in an Arnold Schwarzenegger voice.

Fast forward to this spring, and I made sure to get the car fully serviced and booked in a time with the guys at EC to redo the tune and throw the car back on the dyno. Needless to say i was nervous and my heart was fluttering.

This was the result:

Upon quickly doing the math, the car is now pulling 532hp (pre-drivetrain loss, which is 25% for this dyno, as told by the guys at Eurchoarged itself.)

MUCH BETTER! Take THAT "HEARTBREAK DYNO"

I want to thank all the guys at Eurocharged Canada, specifically Slav for not only fitting me in there busy schedule but also getting the car retuned and redynoed all for free. They will ALWAYS have my business.

PS: here are some obligatory sound clips of the car and pics:

Last edited by Razzy; 08-01-2015 at 04:54 PM.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:06 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
there is no "ideal numbers" you're running a off the shelf tune ...different numbers could be different days...don't worry about dyno #'s

Guys on this forum love to think EC V5 will net them 100 extra HP ..No not true, It's the grandma tune of C63's ...If you want a extra 100WHP go talk to omar @ velos..those guys will set you up with a daily drag car.

Car sounds great though, nice numbers

Last edited by avery.whss; 08-01-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:51 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by avery.whss
there is no "ideal numbers" you're running a off the shelf tune ...different numbers could be different days...don't worry about dyno #'s

Guys on this forum love to think EC V5 will net them 100 extra HP ..No not true, It's the grandma tune of C63's ...If you want a extra 100WHP go talk to omar @ velos..those guys will set you up with a daily drag car.

Car sounds great though, nice numbers
I agree, dyno numbers are just a small facet of what a performance car really is. But as a personal goal for the car I always intended for it to be 500+ horsepower and by that I don't mean pretend numbers. Actual dyno tested numbers.

As for a 100whp gains from a tune, I wish that was possible
Old 08-02-2015, 03:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 c63 (p31) w/LSD
I also have a p31 and besides an overzealous pedal remap I also wonder if my tune took or has issues because I really don't feel a difference as far as power. I realize my gains are smaller than a base c63 but I really wish there was a way to verify it other than to book a dyno and spend the cash and time.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:01 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Exhibit13
I also have a p31 and besides an overzealous pedal remap I also wonder if my tune took or has issues because I really don't feel a difference as far as power. I realize my gains are smaller than a base c63 but I really wish there was a way to verify it other than to book a dyno and spend the cash and time.
You should be able to tell based on a few parameters.

1) throttle sensitivity, the car is more touchy to throttle application

2) downshift sound, the car will downshift more aggresively and as a result you will hear more pops and bangs

3) you may potentially feel the added hp and trq from the "butt dyno".

In the end, it is just a tune and if you really want hard gains and maximum performance, than a tune is just the first piece of the puzzle.

But there is no doubt that if the tune has taken than there is a positive difference. For me it makes the car more enjoyable and lively. In my opinion every C63 owner should get one. I'm a believer.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:59 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo (heavily modified)
Im buyin a p31 C63 this week with Eurocharged and mygenius thing. Should I revert it back to stock and then put tune back on to see if it makes any difference?
Old 08-03-2015, 12:02 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by Razzy
You should be able to tell based on a few parameters.

1) throttle sensitivity, the car is more touchy to throttle application

2) downshift sound, the car will downshift more aggresively and as a result you will hear more pops and bangs

3) you may potentially feel the added hp and trq from the "butt dyno".

In the end, it is just a tune and if you really want hard gains and maximum performance, than a tune is just the first piece of the puzzle.

But there is no doubt that if the tune has taken than there is a positive difference. For me it makes the car more enjoyable and lively. In my opinion every C63 owner should get one. I'm a believer.

I'm glad the EC Canada guys were able to get you situated. Great gains on the car!

As far as EC making the least power and being a grandma tune, we have plenty of dynos that show we make 80whp on the tune on the regular 63 and plenty of dynos and customer testimonials that show the solid gains on the P31 as well. There are quite a few other GIANT names in the market that put down a lot less on the tune. Plus, name another tuner that actually offers you a warranty on the engine post tuning? We certainly don't run on the bleeding edge and push to the limits of the engine, and I as a consumer wouldn't want that as a product as well.

Old 08-03-2015, 08:26 PM

2012 C63 P31 black/black
Completely in line with my results. I don't know about 25% driveline loss.... It's probably a lot closer to 18%~15%. May be a bit optimistic but what does it matter. You know your power at the wheels.

I've tuned and supercharged all of my cars mostly Mustangs. Dyno numbers are a tool to use to gage your improvement. It nearly impossible to compare apples to apples unless your on the same dyno the same day.

This was my chart in Atlanta on a 98 degree day in July.

Last edited by Eric ATP; 08-03-2015 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:46 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ENV²
Im buyin a p31 C63 this week with Eurocharged and mygenius thing. Should I revert it back to stock and then put tune back on to see if it makes any difference?
If you have the mygenius than why not. Wipe and reload the tune. Than drive the car hard for the next bit to get the car to adapt.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:49 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Eric ATP
Completely in line with my results. I don't know about 25% driveline loss.... It's probably a lot closer to 18%~15%. May be a bit optimistic but what does it matter. You know your power at the wheels.

I've tuned and supercharged all of my cars mostly Mustangs. Dyno numbers are a tool to use to gage your improvement. It nearly impossible to compare apples to apples unless your on the same dyno the same day.

Those are good numbers. In the grand scheme of things, dyno's and numbers are not a big deal. It's more about how the car makes you feel and how much you enjoy it. The rest is all secondary.

The pre-drivetrain loss numbers I did was based on EC's reccommendation as they themselves know that the DynoDynamics dyno they use reads low. Hence why it's called the heartbreak dyno
Old 08-04-2015, 09:46 AM

2012 C63 P31 black/black
Those are good numbers. In the grand scheme of things, dyno's and numbers are not a big deal. It's more about how the car makes you feel and how much you enjoy it. The rest is all secondary.

The pre-drivetrain loss numbers I did was based on EC's reccommendation as they themselves know that the DynoDynamics dyno they use reads low. Hence why it's called the heartbreak dyno
+1 I agree. But I have always modded my cars and I always dyno before and after. I want to see the change it real numbers on the same dyno. Some online like to tout crazy gains with no sheets to back them up.
I'm in same boat as you. Pretty happy with the EC5 tune. And every time I dyno I wish I saw bigger numbers! Just the nature of a petrol head I guess.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
2006 E55 AMG

Dynolab in Marietta?
Old 08-04-2015, 07:25 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo (heavily modified)
If you have the mygenius than why not. Wipe and reload the tune. Than drive the car hard for the next bit to get the car to adapt.
Goin to have to learn how to use the MyGenius
Old 08-04-2015, 10:39 PM

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts
2009 C63 P30, 2008 Grand Cherokee SRT8(RIP)
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
Dynolab in Marietta?
I was going to ask the SAME question!!! I had my jeep dynoed there last year and my graph looks identical....residential neighborhood, turn right, turn left, think you're lost as hell, pull into unassuming parking lot and BOOM, dyno in the floor.......with 0 correction figured in I found the dynolab numbers were lower than others as well, haven't put the c63 on their machine but I'm going to within the next month or so....mine made 389rwhp on the dynodynamics unit at Buckhead Import in Smyrna with Tony tuning it
Old 08-05-2015, 08:51 AM

2012 C63 P31 black/black
Yes the behind the fence in a back yard DynoLab. Thurs they do $50 up to 3 pulls. 😀

This fall in good weather we should do an Atlanta Merc dyno thursday night.

Last edited by Eric ATP; 08-05-2015 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Those are strong numbers. To put in in perspective, my tuned 01 CLK55 with filters put down 268whp on a DD dyno.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 P30
Yes the behind the fence in a back yard DynoLab. Thurs they do $50 up to 3 pulls. 😀

Your chart is almost identical to what i put down in my 2010 after tune.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:54 PM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
none

I'm in for something like that. ATL C63 owners came out of the woodwork ITT.