C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Gauging interest for new side marker design from DEPO ("frosted" clear)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 06:14 PM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
2010 C350 Sport
Lightbulb Gauging interest for new side marker design from DEPO ("frosted" clear)

Personally I don't like crystal clear side markers. I was hoping that someone would have a "frosted" design for our vehicles but I haven't been able to find any. So I asked DEPO and they put me in contact with their USA sales representative (USR) about this new design. I'm trying to see if there would be enough interest for them to go ahead and design this side marker. I'm sure there would be a small discount since this would be a group buy.

What I'm talking about is this style of side marker:

See how the clear one has a "frosted" look to it? This is because they are EXACTLY the same, except the frosted one is made with clear/colorless plastic instead of amber colored plastic. This frosted style sidemarker hides bulbs better than the crystal clear version, it also retains reflective properties because of the prism texture of the inside of the lens.

I'm sure they would want 10-20 people at minimum committed to the idea before [thinking about] producing them. The benefit is these should be produced fairly quick after approval since the only change between OEM and these is the color of the plastic.

If you're interested please add your name!
1. Shimee

I'm also asking for help. I'm fairly new to MB vehicles so I don't know of any other popular forums. I also don't know which vehicles these sidemarkers work on besides the W204. Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by Shimee; 08-05-2015 at 06:22 PM.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
I don't think 20 people is nearly enough. Maybe 100 pairs...
Old 08-05-2015, 06:20 PM

2010 C350 Sport
I haven't been given a number so I'm just trying to get the ball rolling for now. Give them something, ya know?
Old 08-05-2015, 11:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 C63
Not trying to bash on anything, but I think this frosted look cheapens the look of the C63. I feel like it belongs on something like a Civic or a Camry. Just my two cents.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:27 AM

2010 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by tfthach13
Not trying to bash on anything, but I think this frosted look cheapens the look of the C63. I feel like it belongs on something like a Civic or a Camry. Just my two cents.
Do you feel the same way about even more exclusive cars like the GTR, Porsches, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Aston Martins, Koenigseggs, McLarens, Zondas, etc? Those all come with frosted lights now. Likewise I'm not trying to bash, just curious.

This isn't for everybody, I agree. I personally want more variety that works on other colors. Smoked markers work on dark/black cars because they blend very well, not on light/white cars because they look like holes in the bumper from a distance. Frosted work vice versa: well on white but bad on black. Then there's crystal clear/smoke which date a car by adding unnecessary looking lights to the bumpers. Painted markers are an option but matching is an an issue; I've painted mine twice personally (different paint suppliers) and once professionally and each time the color does not match my white C350 that well. Those are just my two cents.