C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

smelly cabin

Old 08-09-2015, 05:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c63 AMG
smelly cabin

I still haven't gotten to the bottom of the "exhaust smell" in the cabin while the car is under hard acceleration. I have yet to check the exhaust, though. Quick question; if the cabin is appropriately air tight; meaning, there are no leaks; could fumes from a faulty/leaking exhaust contaminate the cabin? The smell seems to be stronger in the passenger seat. Thanks
Old 08-16-2015, 01:06 PM

c63 AMG
Sorry to bump. I had the whole rear bonnet and bumper checked. I can't believe the smelly fumes are entering from there. I went to an exhaust guy who thinks perhaps the exhaust tips are to recessed under the car and the fumes are getting in there somehow. Does this make sense?
Old 08-17-2015, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 P31
Originally Posted by shamrode
Sorry to bump. I had the whole rear bonnet and bumper checked. I can't believe the smelly fumes are entering from there. I went to an exhaust guy who thinks perhaps the exhaust tips are to recessed under the car and the fumes are getting in there somehow. Does this make sense?
Define "hard acceleration".

Are you sure what your smelling is not just burning rubber? Check your tires should be pretty obvious if that is what it is.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:02 PM

c63 AMG
Thanks. Just cruising at normal speeds (80 km/h) and then accelerating; wot until about 180 km/h and then slowing down.