C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

When Driveshafts attack, I Need a New Rim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 01:54 PM

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
C63 AMG

I"m hoping one of y'all can help a forum member out.

So there I was driving down the highway (59@610 for houston locals) when the semi next to me ran over and bounced a frigging drive-shaft into my lane. Luckily it looked relatively tiny and at least it wasn't his driveshaft.
Unfortuantely there was nothing I could do (cars in the right lane, and i'm not Fast&furious low enough to get under the semi) and hit it square on with my driver's side front wheel. The tire immediately deflated and the car became unhappy. I don't think i see any further damage yet, but it's going in for an oil change, so all that will get looked at soon.

For the moment though, I'm looking for anyone who's even remotely close to the Houston area that might have a spare stock 18" for FL (2014) c63 sedan... Like the style the attached.

It amazes me the crap I see on our Houston highways. Earlier in the year I had to dodge a full car's seat...Like a captain's chair...How in the world do people go down the road either missing 1)a darn drive-shaft or 2) their darn front seat?!?

Anyway, I'd love some help finding a new wheel. The local dealer of course started salivating when I said I needed a new wheel. I could just feel the money-sign eyes cha-ching over the phone.
Anyone with a stock they want to sell? Don't need the tire, just the wheel if that helps...

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails When Driveshafts attack, I Need a New Rim-c63_wheel.jpg  
Old 08-13-2015, 10:53 PM

C63 AMG
Ok, well, does anyone know a good place to buy a new one?

Cheers,
Old 08-13-2015, 11:09 PM

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
2012 C63 P31 sedan
There are a couple of refurbished ones on ebay. You don't post pics of the damage, but if it isn't anything major an alloy wheel place could repair it or send back to the factory for refinishing.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:14 PM

C63 AMG
Thanks for your reply.
The inside of the barrel apparently cracked and my DiscountTire guys said it's beyond repair yesterday.
My ebay-fu is lacking and I couldn't find any actual genuine c63 rims vs "genuine" c63 "style" rims and haven't given it another go yet. My first thought was someone in Houston has to be selling their rims, but it's looking like I should give ebay another search...
Old 08-14-2015, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX

I thought the FL was the twin spoke? Anyway, I believe a forum member is selling his rims. Search it up?
Old 08-14-2015, 12:24 AM

C63 AMG
Hey Maximus,
Yea, I always thought it was a coupe vs sedan thing, but don't really know to be honest. Mine's an early/mid 2014 sedan, and I've seen the "open spokes" on the coupes mostly I thought.
I've hit up members who've posted in the classified section for the few I've found.
I know the main forum here gets more attention, and was looking for help.
No harm in asking I hope.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BHimself
Hey Maximus,
Yea, I always thought it was a coupe vs sedan thing, but don't really know to be honest. Mine's an early/mid 2014 sedan, and I've seen the "open spokes" on the coupes mostly I thought.
I've hit up members who've posted in the classified section for the few I've found.
I know the main forum here gets more attention, and was looking for help.
No harm in asking I hope.
Ha, no sorry, I didn't mean it like that, it was a suggestion bc I saw someone here selling their oem wheels, but I just checked and he sold them.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
I thought the FL was the twin spoke? Anyway, I believe a forum member is selling his rims. Search it up?
+1 re: searching this board + the classifieds. As another poster mentioned, eBay is a good option as well.

Starting in '12, with the LCI/facelift model, the 18" 5-spoke, "twin-spoke" wheels were made available as an option. The 18" "solid" 5-spoke wheels remained an option as well.

I chose the solid 5-spoke wheels.

When Driveshafts attack, I Need a New Rim-um_rtit4nqfqza9sa2poc4kflytsxdzkmbrfssddoxlubln16qoqnjyxfmkikw-b32l2qqrhqsleouiw1258-h5.jpg

Both wheel options look great though. I heard the solid wheels are a bit sturdier (have no idea if that claim is accurate) and I need sturdy on the roads I encounter on a daily basis.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:45 AM

C63 AMG
Thanks for the replies.
Yea, I've found the classifieds for some selling in AZ & CA so far. Ebay has a place selling one in NY, so i've got the coasts covered, just haven't found anything local yet.
Guess i'm running around on the donut a while....If only i had 3 more of those.

Good to know about the twin spoke, learn something new everyday. Great source of knowledge this place!

Car looks really sharp Zibby!
Mine looked/s similar except I traded out the DRL chrome for the 507 blacks (and now I have a donut), but clean iridium silver is my personal favorite...
Old 08-14-2015, 02:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have the solid spokes and used to hate the twins, but lately I've been digging them.