C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Anyone have the Weistec ECU tune & TCU/Valvebody upgrade?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Coupe
Anyone have the Weistec ECU tune & TCU/Valvebody upgrade?

Hey everyone,

Have a '15 507 coupe here and recently did a custom cat delete on the car and a Kleeman tune to keep the CEL away. The car sounds fantastic and is very fun to drive, however like most on here I hate how slow the tranny is in manual mode to shift.

I see Weistec make a TCU/Valvebody upgrade and and reached out to them to learn more. They said that the upgrade dramatically changes the car in terms of shift times. They did say however that they recommend their ECU tune in conjunction with the TCU/valvebody upgrades.

I am reaching out to anyone on here to see if anyone has done this mod & if so is it infact worth the $ to do it and does it make a good difference in the car?

Also anyone with knowledge to their tune vs. Kleeman if you could chime in also how it performs that would be great also.

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2015, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...haust-wow.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...8-n-build.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...rade-w204.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...e-weistec.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-response.html
Old 08-24-2015, 09:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 Edition 507
If you track the car- it is well worth it because it allows you to down shift a lot quicker and even at lower RPMs stock (meaning you can down shift 2 gears down almost consecutively, like a DCT, where stock wouldn't even budge/tranny basically tells you to f*ck off buddy- this ain't happening). To be frank, I didn't know an MCT has this potential.

Also, if you over rev in manual mode- it shifts it back into gear a lot smoother than stock- almost completely entirely eliminating the lag when shifting to the higher gear when you're red lining. With Stock, you'd get the whole car stop a split second to get it shift....this is no longer an issue or problem with Weistec's TCU/valve body upgrade. With our 507s, the tranny upgrades to our performance package 61 can take the extra torque when shifting....just wish I could ride you along to prove it!

I hope to have vids out soon on what I am trying to describe above.

FYI- I bought the car brand new nearly 2 years ago today. I've been driving it bone stock for a year and half until I did the ECU tune. Now been driving the car nearly a month with the TCU/valve body upgrade, with Weistec headers, full exhaust (mid and x-pipes), ECU tune w/ ROW boxes and air filters. Huge difference, night and day- its a super car and the look, expression, and comments/compliments are priceless and endless with how great the work Weistec Engineering have done to my 507.

Originally Posted by JT C63AMG
Hey everyone,

Have a '15 507 coupe here and recently did a custom cat delete on the car and a Kleeman tune to keep the CEL away. The car sounds fantastic and is very fun to drive, however like most on here I hate how slow the tranny is in manual mode to shift.

I see Weistec make a TCU/Valvebody upgrade and and reached out to them to learn more. They said that the upgrade dramatically changes the car in terms of shift times. They did say however that they recommend their ECU tune in conjunction with the TCU/valvebody upgrades.

I am reaching out to anyone on here to see if anyone has done this mod & if so is it infact worth the $ to do it and does it make a good difference in the car?

Also anyone with knowledge to their tune vs. Kleeman if you could chime in also how it performs that would be great also.

Thanks!

Last edited by Edition507; 08-24-2015 at 09:16 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
FYI the P61 package for the 507 does not upgrade the transmission in any way over the normal C63
The following users liked this post:
cadeca (11-13-2016)
Old 08-24-2015, 09:14 PM

C63 Edition 507
I encourage anyone with a w204 c63 to upgrade their stock valve body and TCU- regardless if it's a PP or not.

Originally Posted by BLKROKT
FYI the P61 package for the 507 does not upgrade the transmission in any way over the normal C63
Old 08-24-2015, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Edition507
If you track the car- it is well worth it because it allows you to down shift a lot quicker and even at lower RPMs stock (meaning you can down shift 2 gears down almost consecutively, like a DCT, where stock wouldn't even budge/tranny basically tells you to f*ck off buddy- this ain't happening). To be frank, I didn't know an MCT has this potential.

Also, if you over rev in manual mode- it shifts it back into gear a lot smoother than stock- almost completely entirely eliminating the lag when shifting to the higher gear when you're red lining. With Stock, you'd get the whole car stop a split second to get it shift....this is no longer an issue or problem with Weistec's TCU/valve body upgrade. With our 507s, the tranny upgrades to our performance package 61 can take the extra torque when shifting....just wish I could ride you along to prove it!

I hope to have vids out soon on what I am trying to describe above.

FYI- I bought the car brand new nearly 2 years ago today. I've been driving it bone stock for a year and half until I did the ECU tune. Now been driving the car nearly a month with the TCU/valve body upgrade, with Weistec headers, full exhaust (mid and x-pipes), ECU tune w/ ROW boxes and air filters. Huge difference, night and day- its a super car and the look, expression, and comments/compliments are priceless and endless with how great the work Weistec Engineering have done to my 507.
Where so you live? Wish I could either see a vid of the car and tranny in action or ride in it!
Old 08-24-2015, 09:56 PM

C63 Edition 507
I'm out in Southern California- if you're close by, let me know. Love to show you the work they did to the car!

Originally Posted by JT C63AMG
Where so you live? Wish I could either see a vid of the car and tranny in action or ride in it!
Old 08-25-2015, 03:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63, SLS Black Series, C63 Blackseries
Looks like I need this upgrade for my car. I don't mine how slow the car upshifts but the downshifts bother me. The only good downshift the car has is from 5-4, all the other gears are a bit rough.