C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Longtubes, ROW Boxes and X-pipe dyno

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Longtubes, ROW Boxes and X-pipe dyno

I've had my C63 for a few months now and I absolutely love it as a stock vehicle. The problem is that I always want more. After doing some research on the basic bolt on upgrades I reached out to Tal at ACG Automotive here in San Diego. We discussed what I wanted and he made some recommendations and gave me some great input. It seemed that he was really looking out for me and the car, not just trying to sell me a bunch of stuff I didn't need. He even went so far as to tell me about some MHP Headers and X-Pipe that had been recently taken off another customers' car that I could have for a nice discount. How nice!

Fast forward to the install date. I dropped my car off on a Tuesday with the promise that everything would be ready by Friday. Coming from an import tuner world my experience with aftermarket shops has been less than amazing thus far so when I heard Friday what I really thought was the following Monday or Tuesday. That Thursday night I got an email from Tal saying the car would be on the dyno around 11AM and ready to rock and roll shortly after that. I showed up just as they were making the first pull.

HOLY. ****! This car sounds like an absolute animal!

Full mod list was MHP long tubes, MHP x-pipe, H&R springs, wavetrac LSD, vinyl wrap on all chrome, ROW Boxes with AFE filters, Eurocharged V5 tune. The stock dyno was 350whp on their mustang dyno. With the mods it put out 470WHP. I was really impressed at the gains. I can't tell you how much fun this car is now with the added power and LSD.

Big shout out to Tal @ ACG and Jerry at Eurocharged. Both of these guys run quality outfits. Their customer service was top notch. I'm headed back to ACG later this week to pick up my forgestars and have them install some mode carbon goodies. Can't wait!

Here's a video of the dyno pull

Name:  jU0LFlEl.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  36.7 KB
Longtubes, ROW Boxes and X-pipe dyno-qajkffsh.jpg
Longtubes, ROW Boxes and X-pipe dyno-irczwxvh.jpg
Longtubes, ROW Boxes and X-pipe dyno-etlj3thh.jpg
Old 08-24-2015, 11:08 AM

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
2006 C55
Niiiice Looks great too!
Old 08-24-2015, 11:34 AM

Received 105 Likes on 56 Posts
c63 coupe p31weistec stg3 SOLD,2013 C63 BLACK SERIES.
Originally Posted by ek9beezler
I've had my C63 for a few months now and I absolutely love it as a stock vehicle. The problem is that I always want more. After doing some research on the basic bolt on upgrades I reached out to Tal at ACG Automotive here in San Diego. We discussed what I wanted and he made some recommendations and gave me some great input. It seemed that he was really looking out for me and the car, not just trying to sell me a bunch of stuff I didn't need. He even went so far as to tell me about some MHP Headers and X-Pipe that had been recently taken off another customers' car that I could have for a nice discount. How nice!

Fast forward to the install date. I dropped my car off on a Tuesday with the promise that everything would be ready by Friday. Coming from an import tuner world my experience with aftermarket shops has been less than amazing thus far so when I heard Friday what I really thought was the following Monday or Tuesday. That Thursday night I got an email from Tal saying the car would be on the dyno around 11AM and ready to rock and roll shortly after that. I showed up just as they were making the first pull.

Full mod list was MHP long tubes, MHP x-pipe, H&R springs, wavetrac LSD, vinyl wrap on all chrome, ROW Boxes with AFE filters, Eurocharged V5 tune. The stock dyno was 350whp on their mustang dyno. With the mods it put out 470WHP. I was really impressed at the gains. I can't tell you how much fun this car is now with the added power and LSD.

Big shout out to Tal @ ACG and Jerry at Eurocharged. Both of these guys run quality outfits. Their customer service was top notch. I'm headed back to ACG later this week to pick up my forgestars and have them install some mode carbon goodies. Can't wait!

Here's a video of the dyno pull

C63 AMG dyno pull. MBH long tube headers, MBH X pipe, ROW air boxes and eurocharged v5 tune - YouTube

Great power pick up,r they mhp or mbh headers?
Old 08-24-2015, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Very nice and congrats on the mods! Jerry and Tal are amazing to work with and you are lucky you live close near ACG . I'm glad there isn't one here...I think my wallet and weekends would all be used up lol.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
MBH Headers. My bad.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 Diamond White C63 Coupe
Great!!! I am thinking of pulling the trigger on MBH Headers/Mids/X Pipes now..want to get something more out of the car...been having issues running Aventadors around South Florida
Old 08-24-2015, 01:11 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
cars and stuff
Awesome! I've recently put the H&Rs on my car and I put the ROWs in Friday and dropped it off and the MHP headers/x-pipe are being installed as we speak and I have the v5 tune too. I'm hoping the install is finished today but my stupid MyGenius decided it wasn't going to work anymore so I may be screwed this evening if Jerry and Dylan can't get it working. I have to leave town tonight for a week to work and I was realllllly hoping to be able to take my car, but it looks like it's going to be a rental now. I wish I would've researched the issues with the MyGenius a little more before buying it now :/

I hope I get those same kinds of gains as you did, really impressive. Enjoy it!
Old 08-24-2015, 01:43 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
a car
Originally Posted by ek9beezler

Man, thank you so much for the kind words and praises. Been an absolute pleasure working with you on your C63. Car is an absolute animal! I especially love the drag radials on stockers.

Can't wait to see it with the wheels and carbon goodies!

Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
Very nice and congrats on the mods! Jerry and Tal are amazing to work with and you are lucky you live close near ACG . I'm glad there isn't one here...I think my wallet and weekends would all be used up lol.
Thank you sir

Originally Posted by OlegKouz
Great!!! I am thinking of pulling the trigger on MBH Headers/Mids/X Pipes now..want to get something more out of the car...been having issues running Aventadors around South Florida
You're gonna want to add a blower to that shopping list

Originally Posted by boosting1bar
Awesome! I've recently put the H&Rs on my car and I put the ROWs in Friday and dropped it off and the MHP headers/x-pipe are being installed as we speak and I have the v5 tune too. I'm hoping the install is finished today but my stupid MyGenius decided it wasn't going to work anymore so I may be screwed this evening if Jerry and Dylan can't get it working. I have to leave town tonight for a week to work and I was realllllly hoping to be able to take my car, but it looks like it's going to be a rental now. I wish I would've researched the issues with the MyGenius a little more before buying it now :/

I hope I get those same kinds of gains as you did, really impressive. Enjoy it!
I definitely understand your frustration but trust me when I say it's better than the alternative. I don't have the luxury of using the MyGenius for most of the M156 tunes we do and I have to say with as much experience I have with Cobb Accessports tuning the majority of our GT-R's its very similar and beats yanking an ECU out of the car and clam shelling it for bench flashing any day of the week.

Though, like most technological advances, it's the most frustrating experience when it decides to miraculously not work.

Hope they get it ironed out for you, but sooner than later the sound of the headers will have you smiling ear to ear, that I can promise
Old 08-24-2015, 05:05 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
good numbers!

Last edited by avery.whss; 08-24-2015 at 05:10 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:16 PM

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by OlegKouz
Well headers and 470 rwhp is not going allow to run with Aventadors
Old 08-24-2015, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
2008 Mercedes Benz E63
I need to find a way to get my car an actual tune and not a box one. All the mods in my sig and it made 430 whp (dynojet) and traps 113-114.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:02 PM
Banned

S550 on order
get a custom tune..it does take time though...you can get an extra 20-40whp-ish with a custom tune, but you will need a dyno and atleast half a day

Last edited by avery.whss; 08-24-2015 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:10 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo (heavily modified)
Love seeing the guys at the tire mounter covering their ears hahaha
Old 08-24-2015, 09:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 Edition 507
#truth but, you didn't have to burst his bubble...

Originally Posted by AMG6.3
Old 08-25-2015, 12:11 AM

Received 105 Likes on 56 Posts
c63 coupe p31weistec stg3 SOLD,2013 C63 BLACK SERIES.
Originally Posted by avery.whss
get a custom tune..it does take time though...you can get an extra 20-40whp-ish with a custom tune, but you will need a dyno and atleast half a day
40whp extra on same octane over a ofs tune?stop posting bs man its getting old
Old 08-25-2015, 12:33 AM
Banned

S550 on order
Originally Posted by gzim335
40whp extra on same octane over a ofs tune?stop posting bs man its getting old
it's not my fault you live on the east coast where the air is ****

Ive been to NYC, it stinks like a rat crawled inside a horses *** and died in the summer

Last edited by avery.whss; 08-25-2015 at 12:38 AM.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
Originally Posted by avery.whss
30- 40 is a bit far stretched maybe 10whp at the most 15whp
Old 08-25-2015, 11:36 AM
Banned

S550 on order
Originally Posted by mr747
30- 40 is a bit far stretched maybe 10whp at the most 15whp
i was able to squeeze out just over 20 more whp(depends where your base is also)..but ive read of guys on this forum able to get closer to 30-40..one member was actually banned from here for talking about his custom tune file..idk why,

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...nned-tune.html

2012 was a different on this forum

Last edited by avery.whss; 08-25-2015 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:49 AM

G63, SLS Black Series, C63 Blackseries
Originally Posted by AMG6.3
Haha yeah he's gonna need at least 650whp+