C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Considering selling my C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 12:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'16 Lexus GS F '18 M5

Thinking of upgrading to a CLS63/E63. Really like the potential of the twin turbo. I really love the car but it may be time. Anyway, wondering what my car may be worth.

I purchased this car at one year old (2010) from dealer in Pleasanton, CA with 16k miles and one owner. I have put only about 6k miles on it in 5 years. Always garaged and serviced ONLY at dealer.

2009 C63 White/Black. Excellent condition
22,750 miles when I took it out tonight
P02 Premium Package
Tele Aid
iPod integration
AMG Leather pkg
Multimedia pkg
P030 Performance pkg...includes Limited slip and "the steering wheel"

Also has factory warranty purchased from dealer good till 6/16.

Currently has OE tune with handheld tuner so it can be removed.

Currently has HRE 3 piece 19" forged alloys with Michellin Pilot SS with less than 1k miles on them (wheels retail for over 1k each and tires were I think about 1.5k). I have the original wheels with Nitto NT05 with maybe 2k miles on them. I may put them back on and sell the HRE/Michellins separate.

Car has light tint on all windows, Clear front markers, never had plate on front bumper. Also have extra set of Yokohama tires with low miles for the 19's but didn't like them so took off for the PSS.

Clean carfax, Original window sticker.

Also have a brand new never mounted set of Evosport light rotors that I paid over 2k for that I may sell to the new buyer at discount if interested.

What do we think its worth? Thanks
Old 09-07-2015, 09:36 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 C63 black series, 2015 C63 507 coupe, 2012 Porsche Cayman R 4.2L 404hp
http://www.nadaguides.com
http://www.kbb.com
Old 09-07-2015, 11:14 AM

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 911, 2012 C63
The good:

Low miles.
Factory warranty for 9 more months.
Nice spec.

The bad:

The mileage bump you get with Nada and KBB puts you in market of facelift cars with a bit more miles.
There are a lot of 09's to sale right now.
It's the end of the summer. Better for buyers than sellers in most markets.

Good luck.

-Tom
Old 09-07-2015, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63 P30
I'd part out the wheels and extras get it back to stock and trade it in. Pre fl cars with low miles and good options still retail in the upper 30s - low 40s so I'd say conservatively you're looking at mid 30s trade maybe a little more
Old 09-08-2015, 11:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by rentzington
I'd part out the wheels and extras get it back to stock and trade it in. Pre fl cars with low miles and good options still retail in the upper 30s - low 40s so I'd say conservatively you're looking at mid 30s trade maybe a little more

I am sorry I don't mean to be rude but trading in a car is the stupidest thing to do, unless you are ok with loosing at least $6-8k by doing so. Dealers will give you a ridiculous amount for it, even if it's in absolutely perfect shape. Again, unless you don't care about $5-8k loss just spend the couple of weeks or so dealing with selling it yourself and sell it.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by c63er
I am sorry I don't mean to be rude but trading in a car is the stupidest thing to do, unless you are ok with loosing at least $6-8k by doing so. Dealers will give you a ridiculous amount for it, even if it's in absolutely perfect shape. Again, unless you don't care about $5-8k loss just spend the couple of weeks or so dealing with selling it yourself and sell it.
That's not necessarily true. I do sell cars at a luxury boutique dealership and there have been times I have given my customer top dollar. You also have to consider that when you trade-in, in most states you do get tax credit which for example in Chicago is 10% tax rate and on $50k value for a car you would be trading in would save you $5k in tax. On top of that, trying to sell on your own can be a pain in the a**. Dealing with test drives and people with financial issues.

Last edited by tasho3; 09-08-2015 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:07 PM

09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by tasho3
That's not necessarily true. I do sell cars at a luxury boutique dealership and there have been times I have given my customer top dollar. You also have to consider that when you trade-in, in most states you do get tax credit which for example in Chicago is 10% tax rate and on $50k value for a car you would be trading in would save you $5k in tax. On top of that, trying to sell on your own can be a pain in the a**. Dealing with test drives and people with financial issues.

No such tax credit here in California that I am aware of. That would make things different. Also, you could give top dollar to your clients all day long but the bottom line is the dealership still needs to make a profit at the end of the day and the only way to do that is through the gap between the price they pay the person trading in the car and the money they sell it for. Simple. The only time I would trade in a car is if it's full of problems and I don't want to deal with it anymore and just want to get rid of it for any amount I can get. In the OP's case, he has a very low mileage C63 that can be worth a lot of money to an enthusiast while a dealer sees it as just another car to flip.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
No such tax credit here in California that I am aware of. That would make things different. Also, you could give top dollar to your clients all day long but the bottom line is the dealership still needs to make a profit at the end of the day and the only way to do that is through the gap between the price they pay the person trading in the car and the money they sell it for. Simple. The only time I would trade in a car is if it's full of problems and I don't want to deal with it anymore and just want to get rid of it for any amount I can get. In the OP's case, he has a very low mileage C63 that can be worth a lot of money to an enthusiast while a dealer sees it as just another car to flip.
That is very true, but your original statement "trading in a car is the stupidest thing to do" seemed a bit off. That's all
Old 09-08-2015, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pm sent
Old 09-08-2015, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX

I think what Tasho meant by tax credit was that you would save sales tax on the amount reduced by the trade, so basically if you got 30k from the dealer, it would be roughly like getting 33k for the car. But I agree, private sale would most likely get you more than a trade, even with the sales tax savings.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:17 PM

'16 Lexus GS F '18 M5
Thanks for all the discussion and input. I'm thinking probably in the 36k region with stock wheels. Think I could likely sell the HRE's with virtually new Michellin PSS fairly easily...of course at a discounted price. There is a White one in the area with low miles and otherwise stock w/o P030 or warranty for I believe ask of $36.9. We all know the warranty ads a lot of value to the buyer (peace of mind) although may not add any monetary value to the car.

As for trade in, I think CarMax is not a bad way to go. For me it is a convenience factor, it can be a hassle selling a car. Sometimes its worth it to take a few thousand dollar hit and be done with it. If I do this I may also get back some pro rated $ for the warranty.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63 P30
That is very true, but your original statement "trading in a car is the stupidest thing to do" seemed a bit off. That's all
Yes, saying it's the stupidest thing to do is well...stupid .
Not every dealer is out to screw you and if I can get close to private sale value or a fair value I'm cool with taking a little less to save hassle and save the tax as mentioned.

But to each their own
Old 09-08-2015, 06:42 PM

09 C63 AMG
Agreed. I guess what I meant is that from a money stand point and getting the most money for your car it is the stupidest or let's say 'worst' way to go. Time is money in most cases so I guess getting less for it saves you some time so it depends how much your time is worth. I am still not at the point where throwing a few thousand dollars to save me meeting with a few people and selling the car privately makes much sense, that's all. Last time I was in this situation I was selling my 2003 Infiniti G35 a few years back. A dealer contacted me told me they will give me 'top dollar'. Offered me $3500. I sold it for $8200 myself, in the period of one week and meeting only 2 people total. Worth the hassle I think.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:17 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
1993 Competition Yellow Mica Mazda RX-7 and 2009 C63
When I got my '09 in March, I had the local MB dealer looking around for me as well. He offered a car with similar measurables and color as yours for around $36-38. He claimed he was into it for $34k I think. So asking $36 but expecting to get a little more like what the guides say the private sale price would be reasonable.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:48 PM

'16 Lexus GS F '18 M5
Old 09-10-2015, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
None for now
Do you have more pictures and a full maintenance record? I might be interested.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:45 AM

'16 Lexus GS F '18 M5
Haven't taken any pics yet. Not much maintenance done, basically oil change as directed by the maintenance schedule. I've only driven it about 6k miles in 5+ years. All work done at Mercedes dealer in Pleasanton and Modesto so they have records. I see you live in southern CA so you may want to consider having my local dealer do an inspection of the car if your truly serious, the car is in Modesto. Also, it still has about 9 mos left on Mercedes warranty.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:49 AM

2006 M-Class ML350
What are you gonna replace it with?
Old 09-11-2015, 08:49 AM

2013 C63 Amg
Which one? I'm looking for a different car. You can PM if you don't want to display public.