C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

OE Tuning Question with My Genius device

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 10:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stage 3 C63 Coupe
OE Tuning Question with My Genius device

So i received my "My Genius" flash tool today for my c63, followed all the instructions included with it and proceeded to move the device to the car. When i plug the my genius device into the port and put the key at position 2 (lights come on and fuel guage moves) I select "work" but instead of taking me to "prt identify" menu it just says "wait opening protocol". Already emailed OE Tuning but thought i could get some insight from members as well. Thanks.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
maybe this will help.

Old 12-05-2015, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG C63 W204
Hi Jeremy, friend want to buy the flash tool for my W204 C63 AMG, my question is if the tool brings some aggressive flash map already done or need to buy it separately, Thanks
Old 12-06-2015, 12:04 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2012 c63
I think you cannot freely use the flash tool with different cars as they are locked to the vin number of a car. Have to ship the device to the tuner and have it reset, usually for a fee, at least that is the case for eurocharged. As for the tune files, i believe you will have to buy new ones, given that you have to send your stock file to the tuner, i assume each tune is unique for each engine. But don't quote me on it, can someone reaffirm or deny?
Old 12-06-2015, 12:41 AM

AMG C63 W204
if that same thought, so my question whether this tool flash comes with different octane stage and how they were made?
Old 12-06-2015, 01:26 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2012 c63
I have a eurochraged v5 tune. From my experience, as I mentioned you have to send the tuner your stock ecu files via email. They do their magic and send you back your tuned ecu file. That being said, you can request to have your tune specifically optimized for an octane stage. If you want multiple ones, for different octane just talk to the tuner, they may or may not charge you for additional tuning files. The device can hold multiple files so you can switch between them on the fly, i.e. drive to the track on 93 octane then switch to 98 or 100...
Old 12-06-2015, 10:03 AM

AMG C63 W204
and what software is used to load the fails to eurocharger?
Old 12-06-2015, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 429 Likes on 352 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
The software you need comes loaded on a USB drive supplied with the My Genius handheld. You need a PC as it is not configured for anything else. You will need to contact OE about unlocking the handheld and supplying new tunes. I think they originally supply 4 tunes when you purchase the handheld and tuning package from them . This information should be on their web site. Best price should be available directly from OE and they just had a black friday sale post here so check that out as well.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:49 PM

AMG C63 W204
understand, my C63 is USA version, the ecu will have some sort of lock vin?
Old 12-07-2015, 02:41 PM
SPONSOR

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Adrian_C63
understand, my C63 is USA version, the ecu will have some sort of lock vin?
Each MyGenius is locked to 1x specific VIN. This is the vehicle that ID was read and tuned maps were provided for. The devise will not work with any other VIN.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Mort
The software you need comes loaded on a USB drive supplied with the My Genius handheld. You need a PC as it is not configured for anything else. You will need to contact OE about unlocking the handheld and supplying new tunes. I think they originally supply 4 tunes when you purchase the handheld and tuning package from them . This information should be on their web site. Best price should be available directly from OE and they just had a black friday sale post here so check that out as well.

I know this has been a while ago but my question is , if you buy the handheld device for 200 bucks only does it come with any map or software in there already that can be uploaded to the car? or is it just literally a tool that you used to flash the software you bought?
Old 08-17-2016, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by amgone63
I know this has been a while ago but my question is , if you buy the handheld device for 200 bucks only does it come with any map or software in there already that can be uploaded to the car? or is it just literally a tool that you used to flash the software you bought?
Only a tool.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:59 PM
SPONSOR

OE Tuning C63 AMG
Tuned maps are additional and can only be purchased through OE Tuning directly. The MyGenius is just a devise to load tuned files.
Old 08-17-2016, 02:55 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
some tuners will erase the VIN linked myGenius unit for a fee, some won't. it is only a device to flash your ECU between available maps. nothing more.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 06-11-2018, 08:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 C63 AMG Coupe 507 ED
Tuner help! NEWBIE

Originally Posted by hachiroku
some tuners will erase the VIN linked myGenius unit for a fee, some won't. it is only a device to flash your ECU between available maps. nothing more.
how do they erase it? Im a newbie at this can you explain to me the process?
Also, a coworker of mine had a '13 C63 AMG and bought a my genius programmer, he wants to sell it to me. how much would be a good price for it?
can I reuse that for my car once I purchased a tune from eurocharged
Old 06-11-2018, 08:55 PM

2014 C63 AMG Coupe 507 ED
And again guys is there a difference between these programmers or just the price?

https://www.eurocharged.com/products...eld-programmer

http://www.oetuning.com/my-genius
Old 06-11-2018, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 680 Likes on 465 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
Originally Posted by jemnoriega
Also, a coworker of mine had a '13 C63 AMG and bought a my genius programmer, he wants to sell it to me. how much would be a good price for it?
It is basically worthless, a good price would be free as it is locked ot his VIN.

Tuners are the same that OE and eurocharged sell, eurocharged runs specials all the time so price is about the same, just search for forum for deals and or PM both vendors for the tune + handheld deal.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:46 AM
SPONSOR

OE Tuning C63 AMG
MyGenius, How it works

Dimsport (the makers of MyGenius hardware) charge tuners approximately $150 for each VIN unlock credit. If this is required, an unlock credit must be used. Removing the tune and flashing the original map back to the car that the MyGenius is coded to will also unlock the devise for use on a new car.

And again guys is there a difference between these programmers or just the price?

https://www.eurocharged.com/products...eld-programmer

http://www.oetuning.com/my-genius
MyGenius units are identical hardware and coded for each tuner's system.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:37 AM

Received 167 Likes on 112 Posts
2009 C63 P30
By way of background, I cam from BMW, a 2011 N55 motor 135i. A developer in Germany called MHD Tuning developed an Android app. You'd buy the app, and buy the tune. What I don't understand is why everyone is hanging in there with this ridiculously cumbersome MyGenius garbage when we've already established the cars can be OBDII flashed. Why hasn't anyone in M-B tuning world just developed a much more user-friendly app to purchase, along with corresponding tunes, all which could be available through the app store?? I was a total noob to BMW tuning and the tuning app was so intuitive it was pretty remarkable as compared to the mygenius hardware setup where you have to only have a PC, sending files back and forth etc. Just asking a tech question, not meaning to hate. I imagine the answer is somewhere along the lines of "this is just how the MB tuning world developed, and so now major players all rely on the same tool to do the flashing.."
Cheers.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 271 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by Crya
By way of background, I cam from BMW, a 2011 N55 motor 135i. A developer in Germany called MHD Tuning developed an Android app. You'd buy the app, and buy the tune. What I don't understand is why everyone is hanging in there with this ridiculously cumbersome MyGenius garbage when we've already established the cars can be OBDII flashed. Why hasn't anyone in M-B tuning world just developed a much more user-friendly app to purchase, along with corresponding tunes, all which could be available through the app store?? I was a total noob to BMW tuning and the tuning app was so intuitive it was pretty remarkable as compared to the mygenius hardware setup where you have to only have a PC, sending files back and forth etc. Just asking a tech question, not meaning to hate. I imagine the answer is somewhere along the lines of "this is just how the MB tuning world developed, and so now major players all rely on the same tool to do the flashing.."
Cheers.

oetuning has an android flashing dongle and app you can flash with your phone
Old 01-16-2021, 11:04 AM

03 c230 Kompressor sport coupe
My Genius isn't cumbersome or difficult to understand. It's

Originally Posted by Crya
Cheers.
It's the people that ask the same questions over and over that make it seem so. There are only 4 steps. The android dongle you have to read, upload, download, flash. It's the same process. Only difference is instead of using a laptop processor u use a phone's.

Last edited by bamabenzW203; 01-16-2021 at 11:10 AM. Reason: And no tunes don't come already loaded on mygenius that would be impossible. That would be scary since it needs the ecu file in order to do the tune.