C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

What else can I do without voiding my warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 AMG GT-S Edition 1
What else can I do without voiding my warranty?

Hey everyone! My car currently has 28k miles on it and I have warranty until 50k. So far I have a Eurocharged v5 Tune, which I have the MyGenius Device so I take it off before it goes in to the dealer for service. I also have a resonator delete and a muffler delete. What else can I do without voiding my warranty? I was thinking about X Pipe, Maybe AFE Filters, ROW Airboxes, what else is there? Let me know! Thanks guys!
Old 10-14-2015, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
It is too late! You already voided your warranty!
Just enjoy the car and do whatever mods you want.
Just remember you pay for play
Old 10-14-2015, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 AMG GT-S Edition 1
Originally Posted by abcut973
It is too late! You already voided your warranty!
Just enjoy the car and do whatever mods you want.
Just remember you pay for play
Have I really?! How? Luckily I know the service manager! Did you notice a big difference with your ROW Airboxes and the AFE Filters?!
Old 10-14-2015, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Originally Posted by 63AMG4Life
Have I really?! How? Luckily I know the service manager! Did you notice a big difference with your ROW Airboxes and the AFE Filters?!
ECU tune/resonator delete.
If your mods are proven to be the root cause of an issue on your car it will void any warranty work.
Even if you put your ECU back to stock. AMG HQ will find a way to see you modified the stock file.
ROW airboxes + filters will only give you a different exhaust sound. You might feel a little difference in the throttle response but no real big HP gain here.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
C63, GT3RS, 430 Scud, E63, CGT
whuuls, comic upgrids, like spilor and fron bumbr lip
Old 10-14-2015, 01:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63, S55, 190E 16V, S600 Maybach, S550, GL550
"voiding" the warranty could be different depending on where you are. From my experience, the problem you are trying to solve has to do with what the dealership can do for you.

What I mean by this is if you have aftermarket coilovers and something goes wrong with the engine, they can't really say that the coilovers caused the malfunction in the engine.

Also, I have modded my C63. My dealership knows this. However, if something were to go wrong with the engine (knock on wood nothing has) then I believe I'm on good enough terms with my dealership for them to fix whatever the problem was without trying to blame my mods. This is because I'm a returning loyal customer who I know they don't want to loose business to, and they know I would know if they were trying to give me the run around or something.

Basically what I'm saying is if you're going to mod you car either be on good terms with your dealership or be ready to accept the consequences if that time ever comes. At the end of the day you're taking a gamble no matter what when you change something on a stock car. Either you can live with what may happen or if you cant, modding isnt for you.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by 63AMG4Life
Hey everyone! My car currently has 28k miles on it and I have warranty until 50k. So far I have a Eurocharged v5 Tune, which I have the MyGenius Device so I take it off before it goes in to the dealer for service. I also have a resonator delete and a muffler delete. What else can I do without voiding my warranty? I was thinking about X Pipe, Maybe AFE Filters, ROW Airboxes, what else is there? Let me know! Thanks guys!
Don't bother removing the tune each time you go in, they really don't care or check. ROW Airboxes would be good with the filters. When you say mufflers, do you mean the actual mufflers or the cats?

Originally Posted by Durban
What I mean by this is if you have aftermarket coilovers and something goes wrong with the engine, they can't really say that the coilovers caused the malfunction in the engine.

Also, I have modded my C63. My dealership knows this. However, if something were to go wrong with the engine (knock on wood nothing has) then I believe I'm on good enough terms with my dealership for them to fix whatever the problem was without trying to blame my mods. This is because I'm a returning loyal customer who I know they don't want to loose business to, and they know I would know if they were trying to give me the run around or something.
You haven't read enough on here then . They can and will blame any little thing, even if you put a cute little spongebob sticker on your bumper, they will word it so you are at fault for the engine failure due to that sticker.
Even if you are on "good terms" with the dealer, they will not cover for you and risk taking the bill for a new engine. Not saying they won't try everything possible to help and yes it does help to be "in" with the dealer for better, speedier, more reliable service but that's about it.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63, S55, 190E 16V, S600 Maybach, S550, GL550
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
Don't bother removing the tune each time you go in, they really don't care or check. ROW Airboxes would be good with the filters. When you say mufflers, do you mean the actual mufflers or the cats?

You haven't read enough on here then . They can and will blame any little thing, even if you put a cute little spongebob sticker on your bumper, they will word it so you are at fault for the engine failure due to that sticker.
Even if you are on "good terms" with the dealer, they will not cover for you and risk taking the bill for a new engine. Not saying they won't try everything possible to help and yes it does help to be "in" with the dealer for better, speedier, more reliable service but that's about it.
Thats all very true. I mean no doubt if something happened to my engine they would find some way to blame it on a mod. But i was just saying that they know me and for all the little stuff they would still cover me.

The real point i was trying to make which may have gotten lost in there somehwhere is that if you are worried about voiding warranties and dont have the money to spend if you they decide not to cover you, then dont mod your car.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2014 C63, 2013 Mini Cooper S
Why did you guys have to bring this up??? Now I'm gonna be so paranoid!

this is just hypothetical... not meant to bash anyone...
Lets say u have a eurocharged tune. Something happened to ur engine and mb refuses to cover it since they found out about the tune. Now doesn't eurocharged offer their own warranty?
so technically ur not completely screwed if the worse were to happen?
Old 10-15-2015, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 763 Likes on 529 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Originally Posted by sriniAMG

Lets say u have a eurocharged tune. Something happened to ur engine and mb refuses to cover it since they found out about the tune. Now doesn't eurocharged offer their own warranty?
Have you ever read the Eurocharged engine warranty? Here's the relevant section for your reference:

Tuning (Software) Motor Replacement Policy

Eurocharged is so confident in our tuning offerings that we will warranty any motor against internal parts damage due to issues directly related to our software. Upon issue, we will require all parts be inspected by an approved dealer for analysis.
  • Products must be purchased directly through an authorized Eurocharged dealership in the US or Canada and not by a previous owner or 3rd party.
  • Coverage is for 2 years or 20,000 miles from the original in-service date
  • Motor coverage is limited to $50,000
  • Valid maintenance records will be required
  • Problem parts including the ecu(s) may need to be shipped to Houston for diagnosis and repair. If the issue is deemed to be as a result of our tuning, we will reimburse for all shipping charges. If any parts are missing, we may deny the claim.
  • Warranty claim may be denied if determined that another tuner's software was installed on the vehicle at any given time
  • Receipt required for Eurocharged software purchase

AFAIK the ONLY aftermerket tuning company that ever picked up the OEM vehicle warranty was DINAN, which is why their BMW dealer-installed upgrades were among the more conservative ones and cost three times as much as the competition.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by Durban
Thats all very true. I mean no doubt if something happened to my engine they would find some way to blame it on a mod. But i was just saying that they know me and for all the little stuff they would still cover me.

The real point i was trying to make which may have gotten lost in there somehwhere is that if you are worried about voiding warranties and dont have the money to spend if you they decide not to cover you, then dont mod your car.
I'm a friend to the dealership I go to as well, so I understood.

Originally Posted by sriniAMG

Don't be paranoid, these cars are built pretty damn tough. Just don't do anything weird like pour oil all over engine and you'll be fine...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oktQAndwOig" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-15-2015, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
I'm a friend to the dealership I go to as well, so I understood.

Don't be paranoid, these cars are built pretty damn tough. Just don't do anything weird like pour oil all over engine and you'll be fine...

That's gonna be tough! But I will try not to do that!
Old 10-15-2015, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 763 Likes on 529 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Srini - even with an aftermarket tune, the chances of catastrophic engine failure during the factory warranty period are pretty slim if you maintain your car properly and keep in mind that you're running a tune (so use better quality oil and higher octane gas, don't beat on it when the oil is cold and don't track it every other weekend). It usually comes into play only later in the car's life as the engine life would be somewhat shortened, but to put things in perspective, you may wear out some parts in seven years instead of twelve (I am pulling these numbers out of my a$$ for illustration purposes). You're unlikely to grenade the motor during the first four or five years if you're careful.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Diabolis
Srini - even with an aftermarket tune, the chances of catastrophic engine failure during the factory warranty period are pretty slim if you maintain your car properly and keep in mind that you're running a tune (so use better quality oil and higher octane gas, don't beat on it when the oil is cold and don't track it every other weekend). It usually comes into play only later in the car's life as the engine life would be somewhat shortened, but to put things in perspective, you may wear out some parts in seven years instead of twelve (I am pulling these numbers out of my a$$ for illustration purposes). You're unlikely to grenade the motor during the first four or five years if you're careful.
Makes sense.
I have waited a long time for an AMG. No point in worrying too much or being paranoid. EC also has a good reputation.
Just gotta enjoy driving the car