C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Bluetooth not working as usual. Any ideas ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 03:48 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
C63BS
Bluetooth not working as usual. Any ideas ?

Normally when I get in the car my iPhone will connect with the car immediately. If I listen to the radio and then use google maps it will stream the audio over my radio as if it were a phone call. This has been working just fine for over a year.

Suddenly now tho it's different. When I get into the car the pairing happens as usual however audio from apps will no longer get to the car. The driving directions will just still continue to come from the phone speaker.

The only way to listen to driving directions is to switch from radio to bluetooth audio source which means I can't have radio and driving directions at the same time anymore.

Has anyone else experienced this and have any ideas on a solution ?
Old 10-16-2015, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
It's the iso9 update. It causes all the issues so far...even connection to a tune2air unit.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
I haven't had any issues with ios9.
Old 10-17-2015, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Truck, 2014 C63 AMG 507
Have you gon into the Command's BT menu and told it to connect to last device or your phone ?
Old 10-17-2015, 11:25 AM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
none
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
It's the iso9 update. It causes all the issues so far...even connection to a tune2air unit.
I've had my phone updated for a while now, but my tune2air just decided to no longer work today... It's connected to my phone just fine, which connects to the MB media just fine, but under music interface it will show that "no device connected" when everything seems to be working fine. I've tried to troubleshoot all different connections but not having any luck.

Sent an email to Viseeo tech support to see what they say. This is frustrating.
Old 10-17-2015, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by cornerjunkie
I've had my phone updated for a while now, but my tune2air just decided to no longer work today... It's connected to my phone just fine, which connects to the MB media just fine, but under music interface it will show that "no device connected" when everything seems to be working fine. I've tried to troubleshoot all different connections but not having any luck.

Sent an email to Viseeo tech support to see what they say. This is frustrating.
Same thing here. The Tune2air works sporadically and its not consistent. The consensus is that it is the apple iso9 software that messes with the tune2air, or the tune2air cannot connect due to the software updates. There has to be some major updates on the part of the software....its getting frustrating. Tune2air is so amazing when it connect and works properly...
Old 10-17-2015, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
Same thing here. The Tune2air works sporadically and its not consistent. The consensus is that it is the apple iso9 software that messes with the tune2air, or the tune2air cannot connect due to the software updates. There has to be some major updates on the part of the software....its getting frustrating. Tune2air is so amazing when it connect and works properly...
Like I said before, I haven't had any issues (knock on wood). I thought maybe this was a FL/PFL problem, but since the tune2air is an add-on piece, it's possible that it's not. That is weird, though, that some people are having problems.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:38 PM

none
I haven't heard anything from Visseeo in regards to any fixes that might be possible to get the tune2air to work on iOS 9. Hopefully they can upload some firmware or something. I've tried everything to see if it would work with no luck. I tested the phone directly to the connector in the glove compartment and everything works fine so I can rule out a faulty MB iPod connector.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:35 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
1993 Competition Yellow Mica Mazda RX-7 and 2009 C63
I have iOS9.0.2 (latest) and the Tune2Air on my '09. It works but I have to tell my phone to turn off bluetooth, then turn it back on before it connects correctly sometimes. I think I may need to tell my phone to forget them completely, then re-establish the link.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:42 PM

none
Originally Posted by D3-AMG
I have iOS9.0.2 (latest) and the Tune2Air on my '09. It works but I have to tell my phone to turn off bluetooth, then turn it back on before it connects correctly sometimes. I think I may need to tell my phone to forget them completely, then re-establish the link.
Yeah, I tried that with no luck. Anyone know how you can revert to an older update? Funny how I've had the update for a couple weeks and this just starts happening Friday.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 (SL550); 2009 SL550 (sold); '05 SL500 (sold)
Originally Posted by darkus
Normally when I get in the car my iPhone will connect with the car immediately. If I listen to the radio and then use google maps it will stream the audio over my radio as if it were a phone call. This has been working just fine for over a year.

Suddenly now tho it's different. When I get into the car the pairing happens as usual however audio from apps will no longer get to the car. The driving directions will just still continue to come from the phone speaker.

The only way to listen to driving directions is to switch from radio to bluetooth audio source which means I can't have radio and driving directions at the same time anymore.

Has anyone else experienced this and have any ideas on a solution ?

I've experienced the exact same thing with my navigation app (WAZE) which used to sync up perfectly with the COMAND system but now only does it when I manually select to use the iPhone 6 (with all current updates).