C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Review of Agency Power crank under drive pulley

Old 10-31-2015, 10:43 PM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2010 C63 AMG Development Package
Review of Agency Power crank under drive pulley

Vivid Racing asked me to do a review of Agency Power's crank under drive pulley for which I've had about a month. So far I'm pretty pleased with it. My car is my daily driver with it being mostly highway miles to and from work.

Performance: I do not have any before and after dyno sheets for it. What I did notice and didn't expect was along with noticeable quicker acceleration my upshifts were having less time in between gears. This took some getting used to. Also all the upshifts were feeling a lot smoother. If I am cruising around in comfort mode though in town and let off the gas and it downshifts they tend to be a bit more aggressive looking than I intend. I live in Hawaii so I use the AC just about daily and it still spews that air out just as cold as before. I have had no problems or change in electrical.

Installation: I ended up taking it to A1Euro in Honolulu. I was tempted to do that job myself but it did seem like one of those jobs that you start and then just end up needing more tools than you had because it didn't go as planned and boy was I right. They had one big *** breaker bar trying to get the old pulley off with no luck. They didn't want to heat up the fastener in fear of ruining the seals on the engine so they took out my radiator so they could get an impact wrench on it. After some I think after blue loctite and getting the radiator back in and refilling the coolant it was good to go. Total time at the shop was 3 hours.

Purchasing: I've been interested in getting a pulley for the car ever since I saw Evosport had theirs but it just never worked out. When I saw the post for this one I called the following Monday and they had it in Hawaii that Thursday. Pretty quick turnaround with no drama. If I get nothing off my wish list for Christmas I'll probably call vivid for my next mod.

Things I'm mulling over: After noticing the car shift much faster I began to wonder how much of a difference a new tune and transmission software would help to take advantage of the pulley? Anyone that has an aftermarket crank pulley have any experience with that?

Let me know if you have any questions about anything I skipped over.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 385 Likes on 258 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Thanks for posting
Should have got a before and after dyno to see the actual results
I'm wondering how the dampening for the harmonics is on it and their lack of info on the product worries me... Not worth the risk is the gains are minimal imo
Old 10-31-2015, 11:49 PM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2010 C63 AMG Development Package
Dyno in Hawaii to me isn't worth it. I'll save up to when I have the car in California next year and get Weistec to tune it. I have about 2000 miles on it with no issues so I would think the harmonics are just fine or else I would expect to watch a problem get progressively worse. I don't know if agency power has an account here but I would like to think they have some more data. They might be holding back too after what happened with the Eurocharged group buy falling apart last year. I do remember Vivid offering someone local a free dyno if they purchased it and brought it into their shop.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:14 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
W204 C63
Interesting.

Can anybody comment on why the car would feel like the upshifts are quicker? Or is this just a placebo effect?