C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Buying a 2012-2013 C63 AMG - Need Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Future C63
Buying a 2012-2013 C63 AMG - Need Help

So I'm looking to purchase a 2012 or 2013 C63 AMG and I was looking for some advice on things...

1. There are many for high 40k, is it possible to negotiate down to 40k? I live in New England, so I was looking to use the winter season to my advantage.

2. Is a CPO worth it? It looks like Mercedes' CPO warranty is only a year, or 2 if you get the extended one.

3. The biggest question I have: What am I looking at realistically for maintenance costs? People talk about Services A, B and C, which all vary depending on dealer. But are C63 break services still really expensive? Anyone in the Boston area know good shops to do it at? And can you buy your own pads and rotors and have them do it? Just concerned about dropping $1500+ for breaks every year. Any way to save costs?

4. If the car isn't CPO, should I just get one without the performance package and have it tuned by a company? I've read that the gains are much larger.

5. Any other issues or concerns related to the car I should know about?

I would appreciate anyone taking a little time to answer these questions I have. Thanks!
Old 11-19-2015, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
I'm local with a 13 with 33k miles. So I can help

I doubt you'll get down to $40k I've been offered more than that for mine on trade in, that + the sales tax advantage if I was going to sell I'd need at least 45k. But I suppose that depends on the car a sedan without development package, LSD, lighting, and some others you might get down to $40k? my car has every option there is i believe. You'll see some sell on forms for cheap but no so much around here.

YES CPO is worth it. At least I think so piece of mind feels good.

Maintenance. find a good indy I use EuroTech in Natick the owner Farley is a master Merc and BMW guy. I only use the dealer for warranty work. Keep all your receipts.

I had an 09 with a Kleemann tune it was about the same as my 13 with development package.

Really no other issues they are solid cars and make great daily drivers.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
double post.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:06 AM

C63
I bought my '12 in April of this year with 15k miles for 50k. It was a non CPO car but I had it checked out by MB before purchase and it still had 6 months of factory warranty left.

At the end of the car it's a car with a motor just like everything else. Luckily I have Tal at ACG Automotive around the corner from my office so I take my car to him for maintenance. Mercedes wants an arm and a leg and I just don't see the value in it. Find a good independent with experience working on AMG motors and you'll be in good shape.

My car is a non performance package. I put a eurocharged tune on it and it really woke the car up. The car didn't have a LSD so I had a wavetrac put on as well. Now with catless long tubes, catless x-pipe, ROW boxes, eurocharged tune and a LSD this car is so much fun. You'll love owning one.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
C63, GT3RS, 430 Scud, E63, CGT
got my 12 in may for 56 OTD with extended warranty.

car had 30k on it.
car does have p31,lsd, carbon interior pack
Old 11-19-2015, 11:49 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Audi R8 V10+, Range Rover Autobio, Ram TRX
If you your are interested in a mint 13' coupe with about every option available along with 2yrs warranty less with 12,500 miles you can take a look at mine. https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...-pristine.html
Old 11-23-2015, 12:35 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by RAWRRRR
So I'm looking to purchase a 2012 or 2013 C63 AMG and I was looking for some advice on things...

1. There are many for high 40k, is it possible to negotiate down to 40k? I live in New England, so I was looking to use the winter season to my advantage.

2. Is a CPO worth it? It looks like Mercedes' CPO warranty is only a year, or 2 if you get the extended one.

3. The biggest question I have: What am I looking at realistically for maintenance costs? People talk about Services A, B and C, which all vary depending on dealer. But are C63 break services still really expensive? Anyone in the Boston area know good shops to do it at? And can you buy your own pads and rotors and have them do it? Just concerned about dropping $1500+ for breaks every year. Any way to save costs?

4. If the car isn't CPO, should I just get one without the performance package and have it tuned by a company? I've read that the gains are much larger.

5. Any other issues or concerns related to the car I should know about?

I would appreciate anyone taking a little time to answer these questions I have. Thanks!
1) you will definitely be able to hit low 40s soon, especially being in NE where dealers will probably want to move those cars quickly.

2) CPO is always worth it but i would still have the confidence to buy a 2012+ without warranty since the headbolts are fixed

3) maintenance isnt bad. these cars are rock solid. in fact, the c63 is a very easy car to DIY. parts are reasonable and many 3rd party parts equally as good. oil changes can be done from the top of the engine with a mityvac.

4) its debatable if the PP is worth but it but to me it is. its much more than just added power. if you don't care about the little extras then just get a eurocharged tune to make PP power and a quaife LSD

5) a lot of great information and answers to your questions is covered here: http://www.exoticcarhacks.com/car-re...-buyers-guide/
Old 11-23-2015, 11:01 AM

Future C63
Originally Posted by JeffDL
I'm local with a 13 with 33k miles. So I can help

I doubt you'll get down to $40k I've been offered more than that for mine on trade in, that + the sales tax advantage if I was going to sell I'd need at least 45k. But I suppose that depends on the car a sedan without development package, LSD, lighting, and some others you might get down to $40k? my car has every option there is i believe. You'll see some sell on forms for cheap but no so much around here.

YES CPO is worth it. At least I think so piece of mind feels good.

Maintenance. find a good indy I use EuroTech in Natick the owner Farley is a master Merc and BMW guy. I only use the dealer for warranty work. Keep all your receipts.

I had an 09 with a Kleemann tune it was about the same as my 13 with development package.

Really no other issues they are solid cars and make great daily drivers.
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely check out EuroTech once I get the car.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:04 AM

Future C63
Originally Posted by ek9beezler
I bought my '12 in April of this year with 15k miles for 50k. It was a non CPO car but I had it checked out by MB before purchase and it still had 6 months of factory warranty left.

At the end of the car it's a car with a motor just like everything else. Luckily I have Tal at ACG Automotive around the corner from my office so I take my car to him for maintenance. Mercedes wants an arm and a leg and I just don't see the value in it. Find a good independent with experience working on AMG motors and you'll be in good shape.

My car is a non performance package. I put a eurocharged tune on it and it really woke the car up. The car didn't have a LSD so I had a wavetrac put on as well. Now with catless long tubes, catless x-pipe, ROW boxes, eurocharged tune and a LSD this car is so much fun. You'll love owning one.

Around what ballpark did the eurocharge tune, with wavetrac cost?
Old 11-23-2015, 12:19 PM

Future C63
Originally Posted by intence
1) you will definitely be able to hit low 40s soon, especially being in NE where dealers will probably want to move those cars quickly.

2) CPO is always worth it but i would still have the confidence to buy a 2012+ without warranty since the headbolts are fixed

3) maintenance isnt bad. these cars are rock solid. in fact, the c63 is a very easy car to DIY. parts are reasonable and many 3rd party parts equally as good. oil changes can be done from the top of the engine with a mityvac.

4) its debatable if the PP is worth but it but to me it is. its much more than just added power. if you don't care about the little extras then just get a eurocharged tune to make PP power and a quaife LSD

5) a lot of great information and answers to your questions is covered here: http://www.exoticcarhacks.com/car-re...-buyers-guide/

Thanks for all of the info. Definitely helps a lot. I will look more into it and hopefully pull the trigger soon!