C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

easy one.....drain plug

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 12:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c63 AMG
easy one.....drain plug

There is a drain plug in the trunk under the spare. Mine has a hole in it kind of at an angle. Should these have any holes? Could the exhaust smell in my cabin be coming from there? Please help!!! I just spent a truckload of moola dropping my engine because I thought the seals between the headers and engine weren't sealing (black soot around a connection point.) Switched header seals and the car still smells like exhaust fumes after wot and slowing down with the a/c on and windows closed. Also wind direction makes a different as to whether or not it stinks.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Originally Posted by shamrode
There is a drain plug in the trunk under the spare. Mine has a hole in it kind of at an angle. Should these have any holes? Could the exhaust smell in my cabin be coming from there? Please help!!! I just spent a truckload of moola dropping my engine because I thought the seals between the headers and engine weren't sealing (black soot around a connection point.) Switched header seals and the car still smells like exhaust fumes after wot and slowing down with the a/c on and windows closed. Also wind direction makes a different as to whether or not it stinks.
Plug it up with something and see what happens.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:00 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2011 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
Plug it up with something and see what happens.

That's what she said......