C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Cleaning the alcantara seats...or changing them out.

Old 12-09-2015, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
13' C63 AMG Sedan
Cleaning the alcantara seats...or changing them out.

I have the seats with the alcantara/suede in the middle. Any tips on cleaning? The passenger seat has a little burn in it so there is a hole, no way of fixing that really right?

How much do you think it would cost down the road if the suede really gets bad to replace it with new fabric?
Old 12-09-2015, 03:11 PM

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts
Multiple
That's unfortunate, hope you get it sorted out.

I never understood the fascination with alcantara, precisely for these sorts of issues.
Old 12-09-2015, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by malaka1
I have the seats with the alcantara/suede in the middle. Any tips on cleaning? The passenger seat has a little burn in it so there is a hole, no way of fixing that really right?

How much do you think it would cost down the road if the suede really gets bad to replace it with new fabric?
I use Sonax cleaner for my alcantara wheel and then a soft bristle brush (toothbrush works also) and then pat it down with a towel. It will stay tacky for a day or two but wow, what a difference it makes.

http://www.amazon.com/Sonax-206141-U.../dp/B00BBWJ16U http://www.amazon.com/Sonax-206141-U.../dp/B00BBWJ16U
Old 12-09-2015, 04:19 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
97 Viper, 14 SRT Jeep
Originally Posted by malaka1

From my understanding, it is not "alcantara/suede". It is a vinyl material called "MB Tex / Dinamica" that Mercedes uses instead of real leather.

I just bought my 14 pre-used and the passenger, along with driver seat, had some old stains in there as if a drink spilled on them. I cleaned my seats yesterday, using Lexol VINYLEX (from Amazon, impossible to find in stores) and a lint-free cloth.

The Vinylex did a PHENOMENAL job, seats literally look brand new, and the mb-tex feels nice and soft now (felt coarse before).

Would highly recommend the Vinylex for cleaning the MB-Tex / Dinamica seats!
Old 12-09-2015, 04:26 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Jag F-Type V8
I just use a drop or two of dish detergent in a bucket of water and a microfiber cloth to clean the steering wheel. Then I use a toothbrush to "fluff" the fabric. Simply put, it works amazing. The best part of it, it will not cost you really anything except some sweat-labor to give this a try. Don't use much dish detergent in the water.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:27 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
97 Viper, 14 SRT Jeep
Originally Posted by jmueller
I just use a drop or two of dish detergent in a bucket of water and a microfiber cloth to clean the steering wheel. Then I use a toothbrush to "fluff" the fabric. Simply put, it works amazing. The best part of it, it will not cost you really anything except some sweat-labor to give this a try. Don't use much dish detergent in the water.
DO NOT USE MICROFIBER on the MB-Tex. It has to be a lint-free cloth, you can do research on it here on the forum. Search "cleaning mb-tex" for more info. I believe the manual specifically states to not use Microfiber on MB-Tex / Dinamica.