C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Check coolant light came on...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 06:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG
Check coolant light came on...

I have a 2008 C63 with about 21,000 miles on the clock, I was up in the city (San Francisco) with my buddies the other night so left my car outside for 1 night, it was below 30 degrees out, the next morning went to start my car and the check coolant light came on, after driving around for 20 min or so, it went away and the coolant needle was about halfway up on the needle reading. I checked the ground where the car was parked and didnt really notice any leaking unless it dried up over night. The car runs fine, no issues that im aware of. Should I be worried..? I set up a service appointment for Service B this weekend cause I need it done, I might just have them check it out since the car is in there, I told my service advisor about it, he's mod-friendly and said not to worry too much over it. If the coolant is low, that probably means its leaking..? Any advice or help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 12-28-2015, 06:34 PM

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
09 Carrera S, , 03 F250 CC FX4
Originally Posted by AMGPower88
I have a 2008 C63 with about 21,000 miles on the clock, I was up in the city (San Francisco) with my buddies the other night so left my car outside for 1 night, it was below 30 degrees out, the next morning went to start my car and the check coolant light came on, after driving around for 20 min or so, it went away and the coolant needle was about halfway up on the needle reading. I checked the ground where the car was parked and didnt really notice any leaking unless it dried up over night. The car runs fine, no issues that im aware of. Should I be worried..? I set up a service appointment for Service B this weekend cause I need it done, I might just have them check it out since the car is in there, I told my service advisor about it, he's mod-friendly and said not to worry too much over it. If the coolant is low, that probably means its leaking..? Any advice or help would be appreciated. Thanks
Did you check the coolant level? It doesn't take much to set it off. I received the same message on my 2008 a few months ago. Put a small amount of coolant back in to bring it back to full. No leaks, no problems, no more messages. For a one time occurrence, I wouldn't **** away money at the dealer because it. All cars need a top off from time to time.
Now if you are required to top off many times then it would be necessary to get checked out
Old 12-28-2015, 08:45 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGPower88
Next time you change your oil keep an eye on it. Maybe get it analyzed. Any excessive white smoke from the tailpipes?
Old 12-28-2015, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
errr, errr,... ehhh, i hope it's not..
Old 12-29-2015, 12:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
You're fine, if you don't regularly get it topped it off then after 21k miles it's normal. Don't stress too much.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:49 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG
This would be the first that I would get it topped off if it needs to be, never had an issue with the coolant before, bought the car with 400 miles on it so Im well aware of everything that is serviced on this car or any known issues. Im taking the car in for Service B this weekend, hopefully its nothing too serious, fingers crossed.
Old 12-29-2015, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts
W204 C63 AMG, W212 E250 CGI, C207 E250 CGI
goodluck mate! hope its not what some of us think it is.