C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

[video] vibration sound?

Old 12-30-2015, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
[video] exhaust "pulsing" sound?

i noticed my car's started sounding different today. drives fine, but noticing a weird noise coming from the exhaust. not sure how to describe the sound, but i guess it could be considered a vibration sound that goes faster as the RPM gets higher. i mostly only notice it in the low RPMs, i guess it gets drowned out by the normal exhaust sound at the higher ranges. sorry for the crappy video.

could it be worn motor mounts? at my last oil change the shop recommended that I should have them replaced. either way this is something i'm going to get done very soon anyway but just wanted to see if it's causing the same issue that i'm noticing now, or if its something else.

Last edited by drawde; 01-05-2016 at 12:41 AM.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
Bumping thread with another video...

The sound speeds up with RPM. If I put my hand in front (or behind, I guess) of the exhaust, I can definitely feel it pulsing. Any ideas? i have an appointment at my dealer but it looks like they can't see me until tuesday. if it's something serious i might just stop by anyway and wait, although i started to notice this as it started getting colder, so it's been a few days already having this issue.

Last edited by drawde; 01-05-2016 at 12:42 AM.