Parking Sensor Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 10:34 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
W204 C63
Parking Sensor Issue

I've got a 2009 C63 Sedan (PFL)

Recently having some issues with my parking sensor(s).

I've already replaced the 3 Front Right Sensors, and the problem is still there.

The front right sensor(s) will go off randomly. Only when I'm stopped them, and I cannot replicate it when I want. It literally happens sometimes, and it doesn't other times.

Sometimes I can start the car, put it in D, and it will go off immediately, and sometimes it won't, and it won't do it for the whole drive. It's really odd.

Anybody have any thoughts? My shop said it may be the Parking Sensor Module? Is there even such a thing?
Old 01-03-2016, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 507 with BS Body; 2008 SLK 55
I had an issue with a parking sensor, where changing the parking sensor did not fix the issue. The dealership replaced the cable harness inside the bumper (same harness for all sensors) and that fixed the issue.

Regarding the Parktronic module, I cannot find one in EPC. All I see is the sensors and their harness in the bumpers, and the attached info for the central display system. To me this looks like the main ECU controls the displays in the front and rear, but not sure.
Attached Thumbnails Parking Sensor Issue-capture.jpg  
Old 01-03-2016, 11:24 AM

W204 C63
I found a PDC Module for sale on eBay from the UK.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/272087033177?_mwBanner=1
I'm in Hong Kong, so I assume I'm also UK spec since I'm a RHD like them.

That part number doesn't Google anything either though.

Do you happen to have a part number for you harness for the front? Maybe that's the issue.

Hoping to be able to fix it...I mean, it's not a huge deal to turn off the parking system, but, it just kind of sucks and knowing there's an issue irks me.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Found the control module, see here. The number you had was for the 250 and 350 models.

Harness also attached. It costs 64$ retail/48$ mailorder. Hopefully it also fits for you.......

I recommend you get EPC-Startek from Mercedes. It is free and allows you to look up all your parts numbers based on your VIN. You have to register and give your credit card number but will not be charged anything. Hope this is not somehow limited to the US only - but worth a try.
Attached Thumbnails Parking Sensor Issue-capture.jpg   Parking Sensor Issue-capture2.jpg  

Last edited by Wobble64; 01-03-2016 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:59 PM

W204 C63
I really appreciate it man!

Damn, I checked up the EPC-Startek. It's $12 for me, since I need the ROW Passenger Cars, not a big deal. However, it says it only works on PC, and I have a Mac, lol. Will have to see what I can do to get around that.

Can you manage to check where the Control Module is actually located? Is it easily accessible? I remember somebody saying it was under the passenger seat?

Guess I might as well order up the Harness and get that done first, seems to be cheaper, and hopefully that'll resolve the issue.

Thanks man!!
Old 01-04-2016, 06:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

From the drawing I would assume the Parking Sensor Control Module is either in the area of the ECU or maybe in the glove compartment or right footwell area (in that case it might be different between left and right hand drive.
Have not needed to work on it myself......
Old 01-04-2016, 09:15 AM

W204 C63
Originally Posted by Wobble64
From the drawing I would assume the Parking Sensor Control Module is either in the area of the ECU or maybe in the glove compartment or right footwell area (in that case it might be different between left and right hand drive.
Have not needed to work on it myself......
Thanks for your help!

Went for a drive again today, didn't happen at all. I think it might have to do with some water truthfully.

I noticed that it's happened after I've washed the car, and after it's rained. Oddly, I don't think it does it when it's actually raining I don't think.

I wonder if it's water getting into the sensor wiring or something like that.

I've ordered the Harness, will give that a shot and see if that fixes the problem first. If not, then I'll move onto replacing the Control Module, and if that doesn't work, will proceed to go insane.