C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

C63 W204 to be a future collectible?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 03:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Clk Dtm c63 bs u wont wanna know the rest
C63 W204 to be a future collectible?

Was reading the SLS thread and it is very interesting that they speculate that a SLS can be a collectors car in the future due to it replicating the 'gullwing' doors and the production numbers are in the low 5 digits.
If that were to hold true i would boldly assume that the C63 507 Sedan would be seeing it's original MSRP in 3-4 years after they stop production.

I'm pretty sure the SLS BS and the CBS will definitely see some incline in years to come for a good unit but i wouldnt dare say that it's the same for the SL65BS where my friend lost an arm and a leg for it.

Any experts willing to share some of your vast knowledge of future collectors?
Old 01-07-2016, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
I think we've been discussing this in the past.
At the end of the day only the Black Series models will become collectors due to the specificity of the built and the low production numbers. Add on top of that the last big displacement V8 NA. But it is no guarantee. AMG cars depreciate pretty badly with few exception (SLS black series, Hammer, CLK BS).
The problem with the C63 is Black Series is an option as opposed to previous generations. I also don't think the 507 sedan will appreciate. Production has already stopped in 2014.
Only time will tell.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by abcut973
I think we've been discussing this in the past.
At the end of the day only the Black Series models will become collectors due to the specificity of the built and the low production numbers. Add on top of that the last big displacement V8 NA. But it is no guarantee. AMG cars depreciate pretty badly with few exception (SLS black series, Hammer, CLK BS).
The problem with the C63 is Black Series is an option as opposed to previous generations. I also don't think the 507 sedan will appreciate. Production has already stopped in 2014.
Only time will tell.
I'm pretty sure we will see some huge difference in time to come.
Given that AMG is building engines for Pagani and Aston now.
I'm sure the CBS will retain MSRP or even see a rise in value if i may be right but i'm thinking of those cars that includes the normal 507 edition that are more in the LIMITED PRODUCTION range as well as the normal C63
And you left out for the few exceptions
CLK DTM
SLS Final edition GT
CLK GTR
Old 01-07-2016, 03:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2014 C63, 2013 Mini Cooper S
I doubt regular C63s will become collector cars! Too many produced!
A good and well maintained C63 might become very sough after in the future only because of the legendary 6.2L NA AMG engine. But I don't think anyone is going to pay crazy amounts of money for one.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by sriniAMG
I doubt regular C63s will become collector cars! Too many produced!
A good and well maintained C63 might become very sough after in the future only because of the legendary 6.2L NA AMG engine. But I don't think anyone is going to pay crazy amounts of money for one.
I agree. There was a post about a C63 AMG Affalterbach edition with only 17 miles on it and was a couple years old. It's only worth what someone is willing to pay.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-17-miles.html

Let's just say I'm sure he still has the car lol.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:40 PM

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts
2020 AMG C63 Coupe, 2012 C63 AMG Coupe, 1989 560SL
It will be a classic car for sure in time, one of the best overall packages to come from AMG, and around the same time they developed the SLS when MB really started to let them stretch their legs and make the cars their own. Only the black series will reflect that by the prices within the next decade though easily. The regular ones the production numbers were too high (anyone have reliable stats? I've heard over 40k worldwide.) But in 30+ years if you have taken care of yours and the car market is anything like it currently exists today you will have a real desirable car on your hands to any collector interested in AMGs.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Haha oh my god, here we go again.

Gents, its a c-class with a big engine that was mass produced. Take a gander at older AMGs and what they are worth today. I'm not talking about the SLS's of back in the day, I'm talking about the c-class comparables. The only w204 c63's that might be worth hanging onto would be the black series. Otherwise, it's just going to go down in value until they reach a bottom.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
It's only worth what someone is willing to pay.
This.

At least 80k C63's were made (production numbers are tough to come by). It is not a collectors car.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:21 AM
TIR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63
Black series maybe.. I still think NA c63's in general will be loved and remembered for a long time to come. They dont make em like this anymore
Old 01-08-2016, 01:24 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2011 E550 4Matic & 2010 Audi Q5 & 2015 C63 507
Yes, it is a collectible because I collected one as the last of the 2015s. :-)
Old 01-08-2016, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by oggie
Yes, it is a collectible because I collected one as the last of the 2015s. :-)
Haha, touché sir.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I doubt it. Maybe 30 years into the future where it would be tough to find one and we as present owners will pay for the nostalgia in the future.

I think one problem with these mass produced cars being a collectible, is that people are "collecting" them. In the past, cars weren't usually bought with the intention of collecting. They were bought, driven and enjoyed. That's why a run of the mill Camaro, or mustang or whatever has so much value.

If AMG was the product of an iconic person and not mass produced by a company, that would be different. Also, if there were some serious performance upgrade to differentiate a base c63 from a BS.

Plus there's got to be a demand for them to carry collector car value. I don't think there are going to be a flood of people saying, damn... I've got to have a C63! It doesn't have supercar appeal that collectors usually go for. Collectors want to have what other collectors want. The SL BS might lightly fall here, but it's no SLS/SLR.

The only one I see maintaining some type of value is the black series and I don't see it holding for an astonishing number, it's a C class afterall. Look at the CLK BS, that's at what 1/2 sticker almost a decade later? My guess is that it will be like what an E30 M3 goes for.

That's just my opinion. I could be very wrong, and I hope I am. lol That way my base 63 will fetch more money for those that want say a BS but will settle for the cheaper base model. hahaha

Man... that was long. Work is hard, cause it's so boring...
Old 01-08-2016, 11:10 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Alpha 9+4.2 GT-R > Caged 997 911 EVT750 > Noble M12 GTO-3R > 09' C63 > Xterra Off-Road
Far fetched, but no.

There are simply too many of them produced.

Just like any older performance car, if it has low miles, if it is in extremely good condition, it will result in getting a premium, but, no way in heck is it going to come anywhere near what MSRP was...ever.

In 20-30 years, you will see a selected few C63s that are in pristine condition...free of issues, original paint and that look brand new. They may bring a premium, but by a premium, it may be at best, twice the price of what normal high mileage one would bring.

Black Series maybe a little different, but nothing near MSRP. No way.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by agentMurdoc
I doubt it. Maybe 30 years into the future where it would be tough to find one and we as present owners will pay for the nostalgia in the future.

I think one problem with these mass produced cars being a collectible, is that people are "collecting" them. In the past, cars weren't usually bought with the intention of collecting. They were bought, driven and enjoyed. That's why a run of the mill Camaro, or mustang or whatever has so much value.

If AMG was the product of an iconic person and not mass produced by a company, that would be different. Also, if there were some serious performance upgrade to differentiate a base c63 from a BS.

Plus there's got to be a demand for them to carry collector car value. I don't think there are going to be a flood of people saying, damn... I've got to have a C63! It doesn't have supercar appeal that collectors usually go for. Collectors want to have what other collectors want. The SL BS might lightly fall here, but it's no SLS/SLR.

The only one I see maintaining some type of value is the black series and I don't see it holding for an astonishing number, it's a C class afterall. Look at the CLK BS, that's at what 1/2 sticker almost a decade later? My guess is that it will be like what an E30 M3 goes for.

That's just my opinion. I could be very wrong, and I hope I am. lol That way my base 63 will fetch more money for those that want say a BS but will settle for the cheaper base model. hahaha

Man... that was long. Work is hard, cause it's so boring...
Yes I believe the CBS might be cool and stuffs but I do not really believe it will hold in its value or even sell at a premium in the future.
But I'm betting on the fact that it is the last of the M156 engine that will be produced and maybe it will kind of be symbolic in some extend.
At where I am currently a CLK DTM with 10k miles to it was only sold at 55k usd to the body! Not much people appreciate classics(not exactly a classic) at where I am!
Old 01-08-2016, 11:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mc81b
Yes I believe the CBS might be cool and stuffs but I do not really believe it will hold in its value or even sell at a premium in the future.
But I'm betting on the fact that it is the last of the M156 engine that will be produced and maybe it will kind of be symbolic in some extend.
At where I am currently a CLK DTM with 10k miles to it was only sold at 55k usd to the body! Not much people appreciate classics(not exactly a classic) at where I am!
I definitely agree. CBS will definitely not old a premium in the future, just more than a base 63.

And OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! 55K for a CLK DTM!? Holy bajeebees!!!! That's incredible. It may not be a classic, but I would definitely say it's a collectible. And my goodness, at that price that's a bargain of a lifetime. Those are what, 250-3xx,000 USD cars!? The buyer of that is definitely lucky.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:50 AM

I definitely agree. CBS will definitely not old a premium in the future, just more than a base 63.

And OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! 55K for a CLK DTM!? Holy bajeebees!!!! That's incredible. It may not be a classic, but I would definitely say it's a collectible. And my goodness, at that price that's a bargain of a lifetime. Those are what, 250-3xx,000 USD cars!? The buyer of that is definitely lucky.
http://www.newsnow.co.uk/classifieds...-vans-for-sale

Yeah that's the car.
In my country there is this 10 year life policy for cars whereas after 10 years if you would like to drive on you would have to pay for something called the 'COE' which will give the car another 10 years of life.The taxes for the cars are at the rate of 127% additional of the base car and if you were to scrap it in 10 years you would only get back a 55% and the car body.
Drove one for about a month and it was superbly fantastic but i would definitely not want to drive it on a daily basis,it's way much more unforgiving than the M3 GTS.
The handling is superb and the power bend is ridiculously sick!

Last edited by Mc81b; 01-08-2016 at 11:53 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Gtsman (03-21-2018)
Old 01-08-2016, 01:58 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 C63 black series, 2015 C63 507 coupe, 2012 Porsche Cayman R 4.2L 404hp
C63 values

What the C63 has going for it is a massive NA motor. It also is pretty well put together and provides a unique driving experience. People are starting to really appreciate the driving experience of more analog style car. For instance the Ford GT is probably the best example-iconic looking. lots of power, low production, values going through the roof. Aircooled 911 turbos are also out of control. Even E46 M3's are going nuts from prices in the teens a few years ago to nice cars in the 50k region.
The CBS may hold its value but for long term investment look at the stock market or real estate is my bet. I will enjoy driving my CBS in the mean time
Old 01-08-2016, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by saildoc
What the C63 has going for it is a massive NA motor. It also is pretty well put together and provides a unique driving experience. People are starting to really appreciate the driving experience of more analog style car. For instance the Ford GT is probably the best example-iconic looking. lots of power, low production, values going through the roof. Aircooled 911 turbos are also out of control. Even E46 M3's are going nuts from prices in the teens a few years ago to nice cars in the 50k region.
The CBS may hold its value but for long term investment look at the stock market or real estate is my bet. I will enjoy driving my CBS in the mean time

Fully agree on that one.
Maybe i should rephrase what i meant earlier.
Not exactly a collector i should say, something more along the line of it holding its value as compared to other cars.
I lose almost 35% of my M3 value from new within the first year.
20% from used to used for the GTS
Looking for something that has a safe depreciation curve.
Old 01-08-2016, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
C63 coupe, Z3M Roadster garage queen
I doubt it. . . . Look at the CLK BS, that's at what 1/2 sticker almost a decade later?
That seems like a key indicator. It's an 8 year old car that sold for around $140k, and current listings are in the $60-70k range. That' certainly better than a regular C63 percentage-wise, but it's clearly not an appreciating asset at this point in it's life cycle. If the CLK Black isn't looking like a collectible at this point, any hope for the 507 or any other C63 is clearly misplaced.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:35 PM

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
2012 C63 P31 sedan
And they only made like 500 CLK black series as well.

I would expect the long term value of the C63 to follow a pathway similar to another popular car, the E55 AMG. While I think the total of 80K C63s is a bit high (as only 60K E9x M3s were sold and that was a more popular car), the M156 NA motor was used in every AMG class so there are a ton of choices if you want that motor. Compare that to the M3 V8 which was only used in the M3...and those cars are still depreciating too.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:24 PM

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts
2014 VW Touareg, 2012 C63
I think it will just take time. Many collectable muscle cars were high volume cars as well. I also believe that while many were produced, many will be dismissed and replaced with something newer. So for those that know what they have and hold on it, it should pay out well. I plan on driving the poop outta mine and enjoying it.
Old 01-09-2016, 03:51 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 C63 AMG BS, 2010 C63 AMG (sold), 2006 M3 (sold)
Can't say it will be the same worldwide but...

In Japan the price for a CBS is already on the rise. With only 50 in Japan and 800 world wide (perhaps less with accidents) and with the m156 no longer in production, it's definitely a car that it sought after and will continue to be.

Some examples -
To buy a used sl65 black series with around 10k miles on it, you're looking to pay 300kusd currently. A CBS goes for around 150k with around 10k miles on it aswell (IF you can even find one)

The 507 and other c63s will not hold their values or increase in value because too many were produced. Already you can get a 2010 pp c63 amg with low miles on it for 20kusd. There's even a 2014 507 for sale for under 60kusd right now.

Everyone can state their opinions one way or the other and only time will tell but seeing the current market trend over here, I would say fairly confidently that all the black series, models if in good condition, will become quite valuable. (At least in Japan)
Old 01-11-2016, 11:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe, BMW 335xi Frozen Silver
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Haha oh my god, here we go again.

Gents, its a c-class with a big engine that was mass produced. Take a gander at older AMGs and what they are worth today. I'm not talking about the SLS's of back in the day, I'm talking about the c-class comparables. The only w204 c63's that might be worth hanging onto would be the black series. Otherwise, it's just going to go down in value until they reach a bottom.
IMO can't compare the old c class AMGs. The W204 AMG took BMW a run for its money against the M3. Plus seeing as this generation is the last of the V8 NA engine...we never know what the future may bring !
Old 01-12-2016, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
I agree, anything is possible. If you ended up owning the very last functional w204 C63, it probably would be worth a premium to somebody. But generally speaking, there are a lot of these cars ATM, so if anything, it'll probably take a long time before it becomes a collectible.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63
More collectible, w204 c63 507 vs Porsche 997.2 Turbo S

Reviving the thread a bit. I’m contemplating of letting go either my 2014 C63 507 Coupe with 12k miles or my 2011 Porsche 997.2 Turbo S with 4k miles. I have a few other cars but need to create some space in my garage soon.

Got both used about a year ago and both generally rare in my market and depreciated already. If i sell now, l’m looking at losing only around $6k USD. But if I let go of either, its unlikely I’d find a simiilar low mileage example for either also.

The thing is, I still like both cars so I’m unsure which to let go first. C63 507 is a very good muscle car and I sold my 2015 M4 for it. Plus it can used for DD duties. The 997 is a pure weekend car n feels much more mechanical but its probably the best value “supercar” in my market at this point. I cant think of any other model that drives that fast for its value now. I do hav a 991.2 cs too but the 997 feels dfferent enough to enjoy having 2 Porsches in the garage.

In the short run say 3 years from now, which do you think will be more valuable minus running costs? I’d probably do only 2-3k miles a year on either.

Which would you keep? I’m asking here as many will probably recommend keeping the Porsche. But its also over 2x the C63 507’s cost so letting go means I have more funds for future purchases.

Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited by JakeO; 02-22-2018 at 06:19 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 W204 to be a future collectible?