C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

It is a happy day - no more lights!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 10:36 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Alpha 9+4.2 GT-R > Caged 997 911 EVT750 > Noble M12 GTO-3R > 09' C63 > Xterra Off-Road
It is a happy day - no more lights!

Within the last 4 months, I had been plagued with a Christmas tree in my dash.

- Right parking light x
- Left parking light x
- TPMS sensors x
- Check brake pad x
- Right turning signal x
- Windshield wiper fluid low (it had a leak) x

Seriously...all within 4 months.

I grabbed my junk and said, fine, let's tackle this!

I ordered some LEDs from ebay from a company called wholeceller for the parking lights as that is what I had before. I ended up ordering 2 extra just in case as they are always iffy. I paid $ 5.70 for the pair and ended up with ordering 3 pairs. Just as expected, one of them was defective so I still have a spare one, just in case. I explained the situation to them and they actually refunded one pair back - very nice of them. So I had these fixed for $ 11.40 and have an extra one just in case.

Next, was the brakes. Yes, they were done. Whew. Rotors were replaced as well as they seemed like they were about done as well. I ended up ordering from a company called Cquence and the fit was perfect. Brake pads and rotors for the rears were about $ 190 delivered so it was a bargain. Installation was a breeze and took about 1 hour. I had to buy a sensor from MB and that was $ 10 so $ 200 all inclusive plus the time to do it. Check that puppy off of the list!

Next on the list was the stupid TPMS sensors. What a waste of money those are, but also, what a freakin' annoying light that is. I spent $ 160 getting new sensors. I have a friend that works at MB and he got them for me at cost (aftermarket) and was able to get them installed, programmed and got the tires balanced for me - I gave him a little extra money for his trouble and ended up getting this addressed for US$ 200. Done...at least for a few more years...lol.

The driver's side turn signal LED on the mirror was going to be more of a challenge. I found one for $ 50 in stock at a MB dealership. But, I could not remove the mirror cover for the life of me. I really gave it all I had and all the shaking and twisting must have gotten something back in place. The turn signal is working now...go figure. $ 0

I had a leak on the windshield wiper reservoir and it ended up being the pump that was leaking. The part was not very expensive - it was $ 60 and I had to pay $ 40 to get it fixed/replaced. I originally thought it was the actual reservoir, that that part was fine. I had already bought one but was able to return it with a re-stocking fee. $ 100 to fix.

So I spent about $ 500 in the last couple of weeks but was able to get all the stupid lights off of the dash.

Just had to share...I am happy.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Yea, those side mirrors are a pain to get off, I slowly went from tenderly moving it side to side to pretty much caveman style attacking it. 30 min to get the first one off, about 5 min for the next lol.

It must feel great not to see all those lights now though, even just one is annoying to me, I can't imagine all those popping up.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:20 PM

Alpha 9+4.2 GT-R > Caged 997 911 EVT750 > Noble M12 GTO-3R > 09' C63 > Xterra Off-Road
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
Yea, those side mirrors are a pain to get off, I slowly went from tenderly moving it side to side to pretty much caveman style attacking it. 30 min to get the first one off, about 5 min for the next lol.

It must feel great not to see all those lights now though, even just one is annoying to me, I can't imagine all those popping up.
YES IT DOES!
It cut off about 5 minutes of my morning commute. It would take me 5 minutes to turn say OK to every pop up and the TPMS lights would still bug the heck out of me...
Old 01-08-2016, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
What MY is your C63? Because you are talking about LED turn signal but your profile shows 09 C63. So either you have the updated mirror or your C63 is not a 09 MY.
Either way side mirror covers are usually snapped on. All you have to do is pop the tabs. It shouldn't be that hard. Generally I start by removing the mirror and use a plastic pry tool to help.
Welcome to the joy of car ownership
Old 01-08-2016, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by abcut973
What MY is your C63? Because you are talking about LED turn signal but your profile shows 09 C63. So either you have the updated mirror or your C63 is not a 09 MY.
Either way side mirror covers are usually snapped on. All you have to do is pop the tabs. It shouldn't be that hard. Generally I start by removing the mirror and use a plastic pry tool to help.
Welcome to the joy of car ownership
It is most definitely a 2009. Maybe the previous owner added LEDs because this one has them.

Ah...the mirror itself has to come out! I searched on youtube and all I could see was videos of people taking the whole cover off...and for the life of me, could not figure it out. I swear I had my mirror in a kimura and a peruvian necktie lock and still would not budge.

Have you seen any links that show the process?
Old 01-08-2016, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
I haven't seen those videos. I'm just telling you what I did when I upgraded my mirrors on my 09 sedan. You might need to apply some force to pry the cover up. GL
Old 01-08-2016, 09:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG
I long for the day I can say the same! Enjoy basking in the dim-lit light of your colorless dash
Unless you're enjoying the yellow of the "ESP OFF" light!
Old 01-09-2016, 06:11 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo (heavily modified)
Very nice job?

A couple of questions.

I did not know TPMS sensors had to be programmed to the car.Was this a long process or something you can do yourself? I am getting new wheels and it would be good to know how to program them

The rear rotors you bought were cross drilled like OEM?
Old 01-10-2016, 10:03 AM

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
09 Carrera S, , 03 F250 CC FX4
Originally Posted by abcut973
08-09's did have led signals in the mirror caps. They are different than the 2010+ though.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by ENVē
Very nice job?

A couple of questions.

I did not know TPMS sensors had to be programmed to the car.Was this a long process or something you can do yourself? I am getting new wheels and it would be good to know how to program them
The car should recognize them just from driving for a couple of min (varies for each person). Mine recognized the new sensors after driving for about 5-10 min. I've heard you may need to change the tire pressure a couple of times also. I would say just drive around and let the car do the work .
Old 01-11-2016, 09:04 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo (heavily modified)
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
The car should recognize them just from driving for a couple of min (varies for each person). Mine recognized the new sensors after driving for about 5-10 min. I've heard you may need to change the tire pressure a couple of times also. I would say just drive around and let the car do the work .

Great! Thanks. Think Im ordering some wheels and TPMS off ebay cause they are better priced.

Sorry for the thread jack!