Eurocharged C63 Tune and More!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 11:14 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Eurocharged C63 Tune and More!

All of us want the best for our car. For us car lovers, it's not just buying a car, it's adopting a new member to our family. And we all know that beneath every Mercedes there is a monster ready to break free. Let it out with the Eurocharged Tune and Handheld programmer. No need for you to even touch the ECU, everything is done through OBDII. With our tune, you will gain 80-90 HP! And awesome thing is, no matter what edition you have, all C63's will reach the same numbers. 545HP!! We also offer an X-pipe to remove the resonator. Let that monster roar! Below is a link to the tune to explain more and some pictures as well. Contact us for more info!

http://www.eurocharged.com/products/...-software.html

http://www.eurocharged.com/products/...es-x-pipe.html

Eurocharged C63 Tune and More!-c63_xipe.jpg
[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Eurocharged C63 Tune and More!-untitled-3.jpg
Attached Thumbnails Eurocharged C63 Tune and More!-c63_xipe1.jpg  
Old 01-14-2016, 12:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Clk Dtm c63 bs u wont wanna know the rest
Originally Posted by sales@eurocharged.com
All of us want the best for our car. For us car lovers, it's not just buying a car, it's adopting a new member to our family. And we all know that beneath every Mercedes there is a monster ready to break free. Let it out with the Eurocharged Tune and Handheld programmer. No need for you to even touch the ECU, everything is done through OBDII. With our tune, you will gain 80-90 HP! And awesome thing is, no matter what edition you have, all C63's will reach the same numbers. 545HP!! We also offer an X-pipe to remove the resonator. Let that monster roar! Below is a link to the tune to explain more and some pictures as well. Contact us for more info!

Attachment 323231
[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attachment 323233
Not trying to disrupt the post but when you say all cars will reach 545 bhp,how about the difference in the P31 packages that actually uses SLS forged internals?
Or do you mean to say 545bhp on crank which might have equate to the difference when it comes to WHP due to unsprung weight = hp?

I'm pretty interested IF it is able to push up much more for a BS

Last edited by Mc81b; 01-14-2016 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:29 PM

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts
W204 C63 saloon

Attachment 323231
[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attachment 323233
545hp? that means 537bhp

I've got the your map on my C63 and just about makes 503bhp, 424 whp at dyno.

Still cannot work out why so much less...
Most cars in UK makes 525bhp with your Eurocharged V5 map. Still 10-12 bhp less than what you guys are claiming....

any ideas??
Old 01-14-2016, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 385 Likes on 258 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Mc81b
Not trying to disrupt the post but when you say all cars will reach 545 bhp,how about the difference in the P31 packages that actually uses SLS forged internals?
Or do you mean to say 545bhp on crank which might have equate to the difference when it comes to WHP due to unsprung weight = hp?

I'm pretty interested IF it is able to push up much more for a BS
Are you just constantly trolling or what... Do some searching no tune gets you to 500+ hp unless you're Avery... Still trying to figure out the "Or do you mean to say 545bhp on crank which might have equate to the difference when it comes to WHP due to unsprung weight = hp?"
Unsprung weight? Are you just throwing out terms you just learnt ? The reason cars dyno less st the wheels then the crank isn't unsprung weight its because it takes power to run the accessories, spin the transmission and drivetrain...
Old 01-14-2016, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by sirius9
545hp? that means 537bhp

Most cars in UK makes 525bhp with your Eurocharged V5 map. Still 10-12 bhp less than what you guys are claiming....

any ideas??
Hey mate does your C63 comes with the P31 package?
I don't see a reason for the BHP to be different in the 20's range
Old 01-14-2016, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by deadlyvt
Are you just constantly trolling or what... Do some searching no tune gets you to 500+ hp unless you're Avery... Still trying to figure out the "Or do you mean to say 545bhp on crank which might have equate to the difference when it comes to WHP due to unsprung weight = hp?"
Unsprung weight? Are you just throwing out terms you just learnt ? The reason cars dyno less st the wheels then the crank isn't unsprung weight its because it takes power to run the accessories, spin the transmission and drivetrain...
You can correct me if i'm wrong but i'm basically trying to understand the difference.

Not exactly a very technical guy here but am interested to learn and do some mods for myself,is there a problem with that?
Do you have to go all out shooting me for not knowing and learning?

Last edited by Mc81b; 01-14-2016 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:39 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Here is a dyno graph from one C63 that we tuned not too long ago. 507 edition with only tune.

Eurocharged C63 Tune and More!-507-before-after.jpg

The tune will get you to 454WHP. We have done a C63, with Tune, X-pipe and cat delete to 481WHP. I will get that graph up shortly.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:45 PM

Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts
Multiple
Here is a dyno graph from one C63 that we tuned not too long ago. 507 edition with only tune.

Attachment 323245

The tune will get you to 454WHP. We have done a C63, with Tune, X-pipe and cat delete to 481WHP. I will get that graph up shortly.
Hey, quick question for ya - if the Eurocharged tune makes 545 bhp (per your first post) and 454 whp (per the dyno graph above), that represents a 19% drive train loss. For a rear drive only car, 19% drive train loss sounds high - should be more like 10-15%? Which means the tune isn't making 545 bhp? Can you please clarify?
Old 01-14-2016, 01:58 PM

W204 C63 saloon

Attachment 323245

Your graph shows 445hp at wheel = 529bhp (at crank)
Which is about 525bhp which most C63 in UK that has been mapped shows....

Not 454WHP as you suggest?

PLease clarify.

If its still 545bhp (at crank) that you guys insist your map will achieve, i willl have to go back to MSL to suggest they have a look at my map.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Guys. Oh my lawdy lawdy lawd.

First of all, every car is different from day one. Factor in the fact some owners take better care of their car than others and voila. Second of all, every dyno is different. Even that same dyno will read different on the same car depending on the day. Third, this drive train percentage loss shenanigans drives me bonkers.

Listen. Just listen. You want to know what power your car is making? Go to a weigh station and weigh your car. Then, go to a track and run it. Then, tune it. Lather rinse and repeat. That is how you'll know what kind of power you're making.

Just because your car makes 450whp and joe shmoes makes 425whp 2,000 miles away doesn't mean your car is faster.

These are OTS (OFF THE SHELF) tunes. They'll take differently. You want to maximize what a tune can do for you? Drive and get your car tuned on a damn dyno.

Juhhhheeesus

Last edited by CarHopper; 01-14-2016 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:01 PM

W204 C63 saloon
Originally Posted by Mc81b
Hey mate does your C63 comes with the P31 package?
I don't see a reason for the BHP to be different in the 20's range
Nope. Mine is standard C63.

Still not clear where the 20bhp lost is, which is about 3.8%

However, i did have 9.5J aftermarket wheels at the rear instead of the standard size 9J.

Not sure if that makes any difference as i google serach and there has been difference of opinion regarding bigger wheels on dyno affecting results.

Will be trying out both set of wheels when i have IPE headers fitted in March and map retuned.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:04 PM

W204 C63 saloon
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG

First of all, every car is different from day one. Factor in the fact some owners take better care of their car than others and voila. Second of all, every dyno is different. Even that same dyno will read different on the same car depending on the day. Third, this drive train percentage loss shenanigans drives me bonkers.

Listen. Just listen. You want to know what power your car is making? Go to a weigh station and weigh your car. Then, go to a track and run it. Then, tune it. Later rinse and repeat. That is how you'll know what kind of power you're making.

Just because your car makes 450whp and joe shmoes makes 425whp 2,000 miles away doesn't mean your car is faster.

These are OTS (OFF THE SHELF) tunes. They'll take differently. You want to maximize what a tune can do for you? Drive and get your car tuned on a damn dyno.

Juhhhheeesus
I know where you are coming from.
But seeing as Eurocharged is making this claim - And awesome thing is, no matter what edition you have, all C63's will reach the same numbers. 545HP!! , thought i asked them for some form of clarification....

not trying to stir anything...

still getting to know how to deal with mine coming from a C180K....
Old 01-14-2016, 02:06 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
lol why am i being dragged into this? Besides EC just openly said a C63 will put down 480WHP without LTH ...you guys just got rekt'd and thanks EC for proving my point that a c63 WILL put down 480whp WITHOUT headers.

I think you guys owe me some apologizes for all the trash talk you've done to me saying I'm "nothing but a troll and a liar"

xxaarraa - remember some cars don't have LSD etc, so the power will get put down differently, tires etc, theres a lot of factors.

besides dyno's aren't to be taken seriously, it's a baseline measurement for your mods..go run the 1/4 mile if you want an accurate WHP

Last edited by avery.whss; 01-14-2016 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
^ The claim is a sales pitch. It's what gets you to buy, all tuners do it. Just the way it is.

That said, my car is eurocharged tuned on their v5 map and I love it. Transformed the car, faster, smoother, more efficient. Working with them has always been fast, smooth, and easy as well.

Your car may make less than 545bhp, may make more, fact is they can stand by it because thats the numbers they see in their location on their dyno consistently. You can manipulate the "drivetrain" loss percentages all you want and come to that 545 number as well.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Originally Posted by avery.whss
lol why am i being dragged into this? Besides EC just openly said a C63 will put down 480WHP without LTH ...you guys just got rekt'd and thanks EC for proving my point that a c63 WILL put down 480whp WITHOUT headers.

I think you guys owe me some apologizes for all the trash talk you've done to me saying I'm "nothing but a troll and a liar" ...Bros..the TUNER just said they have done a c63 with just "We have done a C63, with Tune, X-pipe and cat delete to 481WHP. I will get that graph up shortly."
Damn troll just tollollolling away avery.

People here just forget that we don't live in a perfect world and physics is going to apply differently to different cars at different times.

That said, I doubt anyone is going to hit 480whp on an off the shelf tune. Those hitting that number in all likeliness is on a custom tune that is slightly aggressive, not a conservative plug-n-play map.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:13 PM
Banned

S550 on order
Damn troll just tollollolling away avery.

People here just forget that we don't live in a perfect world and physics is going to apply differently to different cars at different times.

That said, I doubt anyone is going to hit 480whp on an off the shelf tune. Those hitting that number in all likeliness is on a custom tune that is slightly aggressive, not a conservative plug-n-play map.
every environment is different i agree

yeah exactly no way they'll get that with just plug-n-play theres some adjustments for sure, you can get 480whp if you have 0 cats and straight pipe it right through with basically a race tune, is that legal in most places? Hell no, and good luck running that tune all year round because you're pushing some limits no doubt. If you guys think my car hasn't had it's problems...Lol..think again, I've cracked 3 intake manifolds and blown a bunch of stuff on the top end along with the fuel system,

Last edited by avery.whss; 01-14-2016 at 02:24 PM.
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 144 Likes on 110 Posts
2012 c63 AMG, 2011 GLK 350, 2019 GLS 450
Originally Posted by avery.whss

I think you guys owe me some apologizes for all the trash talk you've done to me saying I'm "nothing but a troll and a liar"
They did say that lol but I'm skeptical eurocharge please make us a cheaper header then what's out there for us. That still makes good power. I see you have one for the e55 why no love for the c63
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
C63 coupe, Z3M Roadster garage queen
Originally Posted by sirius9
545hp? that means 537bhp

any ideas??
The conversion from whp to crank HP is always a bit of a mystery. The Eurocharged graphs show a stock setup that dyno-tested 332.4 WHP. If the factory spec of 451 crank HP is correct (unlikely but hey, it's all we've got to work with), then the loss through the drivetrain means that the HP at the wheels is only 73.7% of the HP at the crank. After they applied the tune, they measured WHP max at 397.3. If you divide this by the 73.7% drivetrain loss, that calculates to 539HP at the crank. . .and that's the number that is on the graphs. I'm not sure where the 545 in the text comes from - perhaps a more recent test on a more recent version of their tune?

Sirius9, the 424 HP your car measured at the wheels is an impressive number. You either have a very strong motor or a very optimistic dyno. You used an estimated drivetrain loss of about 85% to convert to get 503 crank HP. If we used the 73.7% from the graph, your crank would be 575 HP. Which percentage is correct? Nobody knows, and it's really pretty meaningless since it's always just an estimate. WHP is the more meaningful number. . . and even that one is not very useful. WHP varies all over the map depending on the dyno used and the temperature, humidity and altitude.

The real test is back to back, same dyno and same ambient conditions, before and after the tune, to see how much WHP gain the tune provided. That's what the Eurocharged graphs are showing.

Last edited by zcct04; 01-14-2016 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
You don't want to put cheap headers on this car. You want headers done right. And the cost to power ratio on headers is fantastic compared to some other things out there.

Example:

Renntech airbox = $2800 for a whopping "up to" 10bhp / 5tq
MBH Headers = $3000 and lets say without a tune are good for 80bhp or so

Put it into perspective, friends. Cheap parts are cheap for a reason so if you're in the mood to molest your c63's overall health have at it. Or, do it the right way, set aside $6k and get real headers, a real tune, and installed. You'll have yourself a monster.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:21 PM
Banned

S550 on order
You don't want to put cheap headers on this car. You want headers done right. And the cost to power ratio on headers is fantastic compared to some other things out there.

Example:

Put it into perspective, friends. Cheap parts are cheap for a reason so if you're in the mood to molest your c63's overall health have at it. Or, do it the right way, set aside $6k and get real headers, a real tune, and installed. You'll have yourself a monster.
Benzworks sells headers for I think $2300 USD at least thats what i was quoted last year
Old 01-14-2016, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
And they are some nice headers, just not the big name around here so people dismiss them all together.

Heck, if I got real serious about headers I'd give benzworks a call.

People here want like $1500 headers that add 80whp without a tune.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:38 PM

Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts
Multiple

Listen. Just listen. You want to know what power your car is making? Go to a weigh station and weigh your car. Then, go to a track and run it. Then, tune it. Lather rinse and repeat. That is how you'll know what kind of power you're making.

Juhhhheeesus
OK you need to calm down. Are you always this much of a drama queen? Enough with the dramatization.

Everything you said is common sense. We all know engines are hand assembled, and have high variability in output with or without tunes. It's not rocket science and you aren't the only one enlightened, so calm down.

Re-read the questions in this thread - they are about drive train loss. Pretty legit questions.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
I'm a very calm princess, ah thank you very much.

My point is, you'll never really nail down a percentage. Unless you take the motor out, slap it to an engine dyno, then put it back in and run it on a normal dyno.

People who have lower dyno graphs are going to come back and say "Oh, well there is 20% drivetrain loss" blah blah.

Fact is, these are modern cars and rwd, not awd. You aren't losing 20%, maybe 10-12. But all these guys here are trying to figure out why 540bhp claim doesn't add up. It doesn't add up to them for the other reasons I stated.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 144 Likes on 110 Posts
2012 c63 AMG, 2011 GLK 350, 2019 GLS 450

Example:

You are totally wrong there are great quality headers out there for a ton of different cars that make great power that don't cost 3k. The only reason headers cost 3 to 4K for this car is the Benz symbol on the front if it had a mustang on it cost 1/3 but I'd never get a ford just saying you can get quality headers for less. Arh headers for a stang cost 1500 the same brand everyone loves them is 4K your telling me the headers material is different don't think so it's the brand

Last edited by AMGonFire; 01-14-2016 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Originally Posted by AMGonFire
You are totally wrong there are great quality headers out there for a ton of different cars that make great power that don't cost 3k. The only reason headers cost 3 to 4K for this car is the Benz symbol on the front if it had a mustang on it cost 1/3 but I'd never get a ford just saying you can get quality headers for less. Arh headers for a stang cost 1500 the same brand everyone loves them is 4K your telling me the headers material is different don't think so it's the brand
Mostly true, the ole benz tax. But that doesn't matter because people still pay these prices for headers on these cars. Also, have you been under the car to look at the headers and just how tight the fit is? We have a huge engine in there, which you know. Other cars have more room and require less R&D and such to produce headers (such as the mustang, hondas, evos, subies, w/e).

It's more expensive for manufacturers to make our headers than for other cars. I'm not talking about the steel / parts only. The time etc. as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eurocharged C63 Tune and More!