c63 to M6/GTR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
c63 to M6/GTR

Going to be putting the c63 up for sale in the next few days, and i'am contemplating on an m6 or gtr. both 2014.

Pros of m6

-Classy
-Very fast
-Respected
-looks fing gorgeous in White or SO

Pros of gtr

-Fast as ****
-True two seater
-Attention getter (if your into that)

so why can't i decide which to get?

I'm leaning more towards the m6, because of the better factory warranty, and because it's a bit more daily friendly. But a part of me wants to just experience the GTR hype.

cars ruined my life.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:46 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
I've been looked at an M6 grand coupe. Those things are beautiful. M6 coupe is a great car. Never owned a bmw but have driven plenty and they're great cars to drive. GTRs are nice but they have that cheap look in my opinion. I'd still own one but not at the prices they want for it
Old 02-09-2016, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A V8
Originally Posted by w204nyc
I've been looked at an M6 grand coupe. Those things are beautiful. M6 coupe is a great car. Never owned a bmw but have driven plenty and they're great cars to drive. GTRs are nice but they have that cheap look in my opinion. I'd still own one but not at the prices they want for it

i want the grand coupe. white with the cf roof, black wheels, is just too dam good looking. even in sakhir orange..

the main feature i like about is the roof, it curves back, much like the roof in the cls63. it just feels so classy.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:19 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
Originally Posted by solekeeper
i want the grand coupe. white with the cf roof, black wheels, is just too dam good looking. even in sakhir orange.. the main feature i like about is the roof, it curves back, much like the roof in the cls63. it just feels so classy.
I agree. The CLS has a weird back. It's just like cut off and kills it for me. The M6 GC blew my mind. I'm a die hard AMG fan but the M6 GC killed the cls and rs7
Old 02-10-2016, 10:14 AM

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
2006 C55
I think the M6 is quite pretty, but it sounds like sh*t.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:40 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2012 C63 Amg / 1999 C43 Amg
Originally Posted by Settthhh
I think the M6 is quite pretty, but it sounds like sh*t.
not when you put an exhaust on it tho!! ive heard a couple where i bring my car to in South Amboy... my god it makes me want exhaust period
Old 02-10-2016, 10:45 AM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
Having worked on both cars extensively, I think the GTR is built much more solidly, and is more likely to deliver trouble-free driving. Especially if you plan on driving it hard.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:08 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Cl 65
Gtr awd ftw and a ton of tech and reliability in that car
Old 02-10-2016, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 AMG
If you want pure performance, the R35 GTR will be your choice. I was literally scared of mine half the time, you just can't believe how fast those cars are or how hard they corner. The AWD system is incredible. The DCT trans, even in newer model years, is not quite as refined as Porsche or BMW DCTs, but most of the time it's pretty easy to live with (a little clunky at low speed, stop-and-go traffic, etc).
Old 02-10-2016, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A V8
Originally Posted by Speedriven1
Having worked on both cars extensively, I think the GTR is built much more solidly, and is more likely to deliver trouble-free driving. Especially if you plan on driving it hard.

that is an interesting opinion. my father has an f10 m5, and in general i do feel as if it's very sensitive.. but then again, i think DD, and i'm thinking the GTR will be tough to do so in. due to the attention it gets.

i also hate the fact nissan only gives a 36k warranty on a car that is 100k. kinda stupid. i have some thinking to do.

also, maintenance wise, which would be cheaper? i have access to discounted parts from any dealer. plus i can turn a wrench, so that helps. i also know a rotor for the m5 is 500 bucks. lol
Old 02-10-2016, 08:47 PM

2012 C63 AMG
i also hate the fact nissan only gives a 36k warranty on a car that is 100k.l
I agree with you on that point. Going out of warranty on my GTR was part of the reason why I sold it. Here were my gripes overall:

1) The paint job sucked. For an expensive car, I think Nissan really cheaped-out on the paint.

2) The warranty and customer service in general for an expensive car was sub-standard. I think this is a result of dealing with a "mainstream" car company vs. a more luxury or high-end car company like MB, Porsche, Jaguar, etc. When you put that kind of money into a car you want to be treated a little better than if you had bought a Maxima.

3) The interior, electronics, conveniences, etc were not the best. Of course mine was a 2010 and some things improved since then - for example, my 2010 GTR didn't even have auto-headlights. Apparently Kazutoshi Mizuno thought the GTR was a hard-core track car and didn't need such niceties. Even now though, I think you end up with the same nav and entertainment system they put in a Murano.

4) Maintenance was not cheap. I like to turn a wrench so I did a lot of stuff myself (all my own oil changes, did the transmission and front / rear diff service myself, etc). The dealer wanted $150 for an oil change. Tires were $350 to $600 each. Brakes will set you back $2k. The transmission service would run you $600 or more just for the fluid, not counting any labor if you don't do it yourself. And so on.

5) The attention. The car was mostly a dick-magnet, e.g. dudes coming up all the time saying "man, I love your car!" Maybe if I was gay it would have been great. (I am open minded and not a hater at all, don't get me wrong - that's just not my thing.) Everybody wants to race you when they see you of course - every Shelby Mustang, riced-out Honda, etc.

The positive side was all about one thing though - performance. It was just ridiculously fast, particularly given that you could drive it around everyday in a very civilized fashion.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A V8
Originally Posted by mbcomer
I agree with you on that point. Going out of warranty on my GTR was part of the reason why I sold it. Here were my gripes overall:

1) The paint job sucked. For an expensive car, I think Nissan really cheaped-out on the paint.

2) The warranty and customer service in general for an expensive car was sub-standard. I think this is a result of dealing with a "mainstream" car company vs. a more luxury or high-end car company like MB, Porsche, Jaguar, etc. When you put that kind of money into a car you want to be treated a little better than if you had bought a Maxima.

3) The interior, electronics, conveniences, etc were not the best. Of course mine was a 2010 and some things improved since then - for example, my 2010 GTR didn't even have auto-headlights. Apparently Kazutoshi Mizuno thought the GTR was a hard-core track car and didn't need such niceties. Even now though, I think you end up with the same nav and entertainment system they put in a Murano.

4) Maintenance was not cheap. I like to turn a wrench so I did a lot of stuff myself (all my own oil changes, did the transmission and front / rear diff service myself, etc). The dealer wanted $150 for an oil change. Tires were $350 to $600 each. Brakes will set you back $2k. The transmission service would run you $600 or more just for the fluid, not counting any labor if you don't do it yourself. And so on.

5) The attention. The car was mostly a dick-magnet, e.g. dudes coming up all the time saying "man, I love your car!" Maybe if I was gay it would have been great. (I am open minded and not a hater at all, don't get me wrong - that's just not my thing.) Everybody wants to race you when they see you of course - every Shelby Mustang, riced-out Honda, etc.

The positive side was all about one thing though - performance. It was just ridiculously fast, particularly given that you could drive it around everyday in a very civilized fashion.

yea nissan paint in general is garbage. i'm going to browse nagtroc and do some reading. thanks for your input!!
Old 02-10-2016, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A V8
also, did it give you any problems?? i don't have the hookup at any nissan dealer, but for the bmw i do.. which is a huge plus if i choose to mod either car.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Quick question, why not stick with AMG and go with E63S? Get AWD performance with the luxuries of a MB.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:50 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo (heavily modified)
Congrats, both cars are nice. Drive both and make the choice. I am already thinking what way I will go next as well. If newer I will be looking at GTR or RS7 (not a bmw fan and I love RS7) or Ill go crazy and get a 996TT in Manual and build her out.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A V8
Originally Posted by rohitC63
Quick question, why not stick with AMG and go with E63S? Get AWD performance with the luxuries of a MB.

the e63 is nice, but simply not as nice as the M6. Imo.

And the E class reminds me of an "older" person car.. for some reason.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:06 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo (heavily modified)
the e63 is nice, but simply not as nice as the M6. Imo.

And the E class reminds me of an "older" person car.. for some reason.

Lucky you dont live by me hahaha. Every M6 grancoupe around here is owned by 50 year old women.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:10 PM

Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts
/////PRO
"Family cruiser" get the BMW.

A$$ kicking performer, get the GTR.

If I didn't own and want certain things my C63 has, I'd have a GTR no question.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:00 AM

C63 AMG Coupe
Test drive both and decide!
There are many threads and talks out there about the soulless driving experience of the GTR and no driver feed back, and then there's the reliability issue with the BMW's and how everyone says to steer clear of them if they're not under warranty.
Haven't driven either or, and I'm just here, happy with my C63
Old 02-11-2016, 08:33 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
Love the looks of the M6, a lot bigger that a C class that's for sure.....based on looks alone I'd be leaning towards M6.........the GTR is fast yes........but as you said they get attention......mainly from teenagers

M6 in white sounds prime!
Old 02-11-2016, 11:54 AM

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
2006 C55

Yeah, nissan paint is complete sh*t lol.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
M6 for sure
Old 02-11-2016, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
TBH, I think the GTR is basic. Yes it is fast, can be made to go insanely fast and it has some nice aftermarket parts to dress up the engine bay and exterior, but it is still basic looking.

I see far more GTR's then M6's, at least here in Kansas. I would say go with the M6. There is a detailer around here who owns one and has it pretty heavily modified and it looks great.

Old 02-11-2016, 03:38 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
a car

This couldn't be more accurately stated lol. Well said.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63 P30
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
TBH, I think the GTR is basic. Yes it is fast, can be made to go insanely fast and it has some nice aftermarket parts to dress up the engine bay and exterior, but it is still basic looking.

I see far more GTR's then M6's, at least here in Kansas. I would say go with the M6. There is a detailer around here who owns one and has it pretty heavily modified and it looks great.
]
I see maybe 3-4 gtr's for every m6 I see but see even fewer rs7 (wasn't an option I know )

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: c63 to M6/GTR