C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Power Steering Pump is dead - does a rebuild kit exist?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Power Steering Pump is dead - does a rebuild kit exist?

Subject says it all. Before I blow 300 on paying Cordone to rebuild it.. or $500+ for a new pump.. I am hoping that a rebuild/seal kit exists. Problem with sending away for a rebuild, is that I would have to send it away.. I can't be carless.

The other option is the $200 AC Delco reman pump from rock auto.. not sure if that is worth it..

side note.. been gone a while.. in that time, idler pulley seized up and the belt exploded causing some damage.. that may have included the PS pump.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:30 AM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
2010 C63
I have a new in box pump and reservoir for a '10 model. Turns out I didn't need it afterall and never returned it. My purchase was about 2, maybe 3 months ago. PM me if you'd like to discuss buy/sell.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Your car is a testament to the every day durability of the C63.
From what I remember, you daily drive it, park it outside, store it for weeks on end, transport pets and bikes with it, own it in a wet, rainy part of the country, have had pieces break and parts fly off, have over 80K miles on it, etc....sorry to hear about the issue but glad to still have you driving her and checking in once in a while.

What are your thoughts about the Benz build quality and long term ownership?

Post some pics of it if you get a chance....

GL
Old 03-08-2016, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
Your car is a testament to the every day durability of the C63.
From what I remember, you daily drive it, park it outside, store it for weeks on end, transport pets and bikes with it, own it in a wet, rainy part of the country, have had pieces break and parts fly off, have over 80K miles on it, etc....sorry to hear about the issue but glad to still have you driving her and checking in once in a while.

What are your thoughts about the Benz build quality and long term ownership?

Post some pics of it if you get a chance....

GL
As far as built quality, short of the known issues, I cannot really complain. I'm at 110k miles now, and yep, I drive the **** out of it whenever I am in it, which a smile on my face everytime It's parked less at the airport now, I only travel every other week as my kids growing up.. ps he also loves the car at 4 years old

I'll post some pics later.. Sadly, my car is in poor shape (I gave up on replacing the stupid fog lights that keep breaking, now there is just clear vinyl sheets over the holes, and the tow hook cover vanished.

Unfortunately for me, I bought the car when we were DINKs (double income no kids), we are down to 1 primary income, wife works freelance, but there is no stability in that (and no benefits, fortunately she is on mine), and a kid... So another AMG is not in my future sadly If it was not for the cost, I would buy another one in a heart beat (although honestly, I kind of like the W204 style over the W205, but the interior is just so dated, and the entertainment package kind of sucks now).

I'll be trading the car in soon, at 100k + miles things are going to go wrong, wear and tear, you just cannot avoid it, and I am pretty sure the cams are showing wear as well.

I'm seriously considering getting the Focus RS when it comes out.. small car, 350hp, manual, all wheel drive.. that is going to be a small monster... There are not too many cars that get my motor running that are currently in my price range.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
C63 coupe, Z3M Roadster garage queen
Originally Posted by jvanbrecht
I gave up on replacing the stupid fog lights that keep breaking,
One of my previous cars had round fogs that I was shattering a couple times a year. Expensive replacements and a real PITA to swap out. I used X-Pel film on them, and drove the the car a couple more years with no breakage at all.