C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Feeler:2008 C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 11:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG
Feeler:2008 C63

Hey guys, so recently Ive been thinking about getting into a GT-R. Heres the scoop on my 2008 Arctic White C63. First off, it's got low mileage, just over 23K miles on it, it has been properly maintained thus far with Service A and B at the dealership, I have had zero issues with the car, only replacing tires every 8K miles more or less. It does not have extended warranty.

The car also has a few modest mods on it. It's got H&R coilovers, 15mm spacers up front and 10mm spacers in the rear, Mikes H-pipe and resonator straight pipe delete, Arkym style carbon front lip, CF rear diffuser extra big fins, CF side skirts, CF trunk spoiler DTM style, ROW airbox, AFE Pro Dry filters, professionally painted cherry red brake calipers by ACG Automotive in San Diego, the car also has window tint up front and in the rear, DCTMS carbon fiber steering wheel, and it also has a Eurocharged V5 tune.

Again, this is just a feeler, I wanted to see if the car would pique much interest first before really making a decision on selling the car. I would like to sell the car with all the mods on it, not looking to part out. Ideally, I would sell the car for $40K, it's in immaculate condition, inside and out. Please PM me if interested or if you have further questions, thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Feeler:2008 C63-c1.jpg   Feeler:2008 C63-c14.jpg   Feeler:2008 C63-c11.jpg   Feeler:2008 C63-c2.jpg   Feeler:2008 C63-c19.jpg  

Feeler:2008 C63-c3.jpg   Feeler:2008 C63-c7.jpg   Feeler:2008 C63-c8.jpg   Feeler:2008 C63-c13.jpg   Feeler:2008 C63-c17.jpg  

Old 03-24-2016, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
You've got an amazing car there, but I think $40k may just be a tad too much. I could see you realistically selling it for $37k but honestly, your way better off parting out since you've got some amazing and expensive mods. Just part out with cash on top of trade.

Hell, I'd buy a ton of stuff off of that car lol That way, you make the cash back and then easily offload your car in a more reasonable stock price range.

The thing about mods is that while they mean a lot to you (and by you, I mean the current owner) they don't mean much to a potential buyer unless they are the right buyer for those mods.

There are many ways of going about selling to recuperate some of your cost -- you just have to figure out which is the right way for you. By the way are you located in the bay?
Old 03-24-2016, 04:07 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG3.2
You've got an amazing car there, but I think $40k may just be a tad too much. I could see you realistically selling it for $37k but honestly, your way better off parting out since you've got some amazing and expensive mods. Just part out with cash on top of trade.

Hell, I'd buy a ton of stuff off of that car lol That way, you make the cash back and then easily offload your car in a more reasonable stock price range.

The thing about mods is that while they mean a lot to you (and by you, I mean the current owner) they don't mean much to a potential buyer unless they are the right buyer for those mods.

There are many ways of going about selling to recuperate some of your cost -- you just have to figure out which is the right way for you. By the way are you located in the bay?
Thanks for the input but honestly, I felt like $40K is pretty reasonable for how the car sits now since all the mods alone cost me well over $5K, lets say I want to sell the car stock for around $37-38K, the buyer would be getting a great deal at $40K with all the mods, but you're right, unless the "right" buyer comes along who is well aware of the mods on my car and can appreciate those mods, I might be better off parting the car out, however, parting out the car never crossed my mind because I am hoping a fellow enthusiast would purchase and enjoy the car the way it sits now. I'll give it some time, im in no rush, its a feeler anyways, but already have a few people contacting me about the car. Yes, Im in the bay area, which part of the bay area do you live in?

Last edited by AMGPower88; 03-24-2016 at 04:11 AM.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
GT-R??? I thought you were trying to get into my Black Series
Old 03-24-2016, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by AMGPower88
Thanks for the input but honestly, I felt like $40K is pretty reasonable for how the car sits now since all the mods alone cost me well over $5K, lets say I want to sell the car stock for around $37-38K, the buyer would be getting a great deal at $40K with all the mods, but you're right, unless the "right" buyer comes along who is well aware of the mods on my car and can appreciate those mods, I might be better off parting the car out, however, parting out the car never crossed my mind because I am hoping a fellow enthusiast would purchase and enjoy the car the way it sits now. I'll give it some time, im in no rush, its a feeler anyways, but already have a few people contacting me about the car. Yes, Im in the bay area, which part of the bay area do you live in?
You know what, after thinking this through, $40k is probably reasonable with the mods.

Stock you should be at $37k so given the additional mods, I guess $40k makes mathematical sense if you do find that right buyer.

I think you're doing the right thing. Give it some time and feel out the market. If you want to part out that front lip, PM me and I'll be there! I'm in the east bay.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:01 PM

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
09 Carrera S, , 03 F250 CC FX4
Not to rain on the parade but with the average retail of 2008 models being under 25k, I think you are going to be lucky to get over $31-32k with the mods. (Due to low mileage) Like with all other fun cars, mods pretty much add 0 value to the car, they do however, help sale a vehicle quicker than a stock one in a lot of cases.

Like someone else said, you are going to have to find the right buyer so you may have sit on it a while to get remotely close to what you want out of it

Last edited by QWKSNKE; 03-24-2016 at 09:03 PM.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:34 PM
EkS

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
C63
You will not get anywhere near $40k for your car, even with the low miles. There are 2012's selling for $40k with a little more miles. I see your car selling for $28k - $32k.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:47 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by abcut973
GT-R??? I thought you were trying to get into my Black Series
I was lol the BS is a beast of a car but might be out of my budget right now..

You know what, after thinking this through, $40k is probably reasonable with the mods.

Stock you should be at $37k so given the additional mods, I guess $40k makes mathematical sense if you do find that right buyer.

I think you're doing the right thing. Give it some time and feel out the market. If you want to part out that front lip, PM me and I'll be there! I'm in the east bay.
Thanks bro, yea I'll let you know!

Originally Posted by QWKSNKE
Not to rain on the parade but with the average retail of 2008 models being under 25k, I think you are going to be lucky to get over $31-32k with the mods. (Due to low mileage) Like with all other fun cars, mods pretty much add 0 value to the car, they do however, help sale a vehicle quicker than a stock one in a lot of cases.

Like someone else said, you are going to have to find the right buyer so you may have sit on it a while to get remotely close to what you want out of it
Lol, do you think anyone would sell their 08 with similar mileage to mine for 25K-30K unless they're desperate and need money? I dont think so. To me, Mileage matters alot, not so much the year, since 08-2011 are basically the same car except for a few changes like the updated side mirrors (which btw I have), but thats just me. Those 08 models you're talking about have very high mileage and probably mostly stock, I've done some research on that already. My cars got just over 23K miles, thats pretty low and I think it wont be caught up in the 25K-30K price range that you're referring to, I wont sell the car then I'll just keep it.

Im in no hurry to sell, if I have to wait for the right buyer, then I will, no big deal.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:55 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 AMG GTS
hope you get what you're asking for, but i don't think there's any chance in hell that it goes for anything close to $37k-$40k
Old 03-24-2016, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Hate to say it, but they aren't wrong.

The most expensive 08/09 on cars.com right now is $35,995. I think for a private sale you really are looking in between $33k-35k if lucky. I'd just hang onto the car for now if I were you.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:02 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by JPetros2008
hope you get what you're asking for, but i don't think there's any chance in hell that it goes for anything close to $37k-$40k
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Hate to say it, but they aren't wrong.

The most expensive 08/09 on cars.com right now is $35,995. I think for a private sale you really are looking in between $33k-35k if lucky. I'd just hang onto the car for now if I were you.
We'll see about that.. I already have a few people contacting me about the car as we speak.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
^ I did too when I went to sell mine. Most offers were for $6-10k less than what I was asking. So yeah, not rooting against you, just saying if you really do want to sell be ready for those lower 30 upper 20 offers
Old 03-24-2016, 11:12 PM

. To me, Mileage matters alot, not so much the year, since 08-2011 are basically the same car except for a few changes like the updated side mirrors (which btw I have), but thats just me. Those 08 models you're talking about have very high mileage...
That's you. The average buyer of a used car is going to consider the year too, especially so if financing the car since majority of financial institutions will not finance anything over 7 years old.

And no, not all 08's I was referring were not extreme high mileage. When I looked a few months back there were two 08's on autotrader.com with 70-80k miles for $23-24k

So I think I was being pretty generous when I mentioned that you might could get 31-32k or so out of yours with the lower mileage. (Which is book value depending on where you live)

But hey, I am rooting for you. If you can get a sale at anything above 35k that helps the value of the rest of us 08 owners!

Last edited by QWKSNKE; 03-24-2016 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:48 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
09 C63 AMG
I don't think people will expect upper 20's. Mines an 09. Got it in December with 76k on it for 26,000. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he got over 35k

OP - beautiful car. Tastefully done. Don't be afraid to keep it! Congrats on the prospect of
Moving up to a GTR.
Old 03-25-2016, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30

Originally Posted by EkS
You will not get anywhere near $40k for your car, even with the low miles. There are 2012's selling for $40k with a little more miles. I see your car selling for $28k - $32k.
No way - not here in the Bay. He'll get $35K stock any day of the week and twice on Sunday here.

I've lived in 3 parts of the country now -- California, North Carolina, and Boston and warmer climate cars, especially here in California where car culture is very prevalent always command a premium.

Good luck with sale OP. I really don't think you'll have much of an issue selling it whether you decide to sell stock or with mods.
Old 03-25-2016, 04:53 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Mbm6f
I don't think people will expect upper 20's. Mines an 09. Got it in December with 76k on it for 26,000. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he got over 35k

OP - beautiful car. Tastefully done. Don't be afraid to keep it! Congrats on the prospect of
Moving up to a GTR.
Thanks man. Who knows, if I dont get what I ask for it, I might just end up keeping it.

No way - not here in the Bay. He'll get $35K stock any day of the week and twice on Sunday here.

I've lived in 3 parts of the country now -- California, North Carolina, and Boston and warmer climate cars, especially here in California where car culture is very prevalent always command a premium.

Good luck with sale OP. I really don't think you'll have much of an issue selling it whether you decide to sell stock or with mods.
Thanks bro, really appreciate it. Like I said, I put this up as a feeler to gauge interest, not for people to try and tell me how much the car is going to sell for, I'll take care of that part. Im well aware I'll get low-ball offers and such, but there is no way I would sell the car for these dirt cheap prices some of you guys are claiming it's worth.. It's actually kind of funny, but I think it'll be even funnier when I sell the car for my asking price.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Segway
40k is crazy. Just sold 2011 (see classifieds) with 20k miles, P31, extended MB warranty with 81k MSRP for 41k and change. Low 30k if you're lucky is more realistic mods don't add value if anything they reduce it. I was also orignal owner - no accidents car was as new as it gets for a used vehicle.

Last edited by slfmde; 03-25-2016 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 Calcite White C63
That's you. The average buyer of a used car is going to consider the year too, especially so if financing the car since majority of financial institutions will not finance anything over 7 years old.
I would like to point out that this is not correct. No one (with good/decent credit) should have any issue financing an older vehicle, assuming that they aren't trying to finance a ridiculous amount over the book value.

$34,000 is NADA retail book value, so by financing $40k, you're at 117% of retail book value. Credit unions are typically best for financing older vehicles, and all of them in my area lend according to retail book (instead of trade-in value) and have better rates than most conventional banks for 5+ year old vehicles.

GLWS OP

Last edited by Badmeat; 03-25-2016 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-25-2016, 12:28 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R8, C63, C300
Wow, can the guy just set the price at 40,000 without getting lectured by everyone?
It may be higher than the market and for everyone on here, but to him, his car is worth it.
He's selling a C63, so I don't think he's desperate to sell the car and isn't it part of selling to set the price high to get the actual price you're looking for? Selling 101?

GLWS
Old 03-25-2016, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
Thanks man. Who knows, if I dont get what I ask for it, I might just end up keeping it.

Thanks bro, really appreciate it. Like I said, I put this up as a feeler to gauge interest, not for people to try and tell me how much the car is going to sell for, I'll take care of that part. Im well aware I'll get low-ball offers and such, but there is no way I would sell the car for these dirt cheap prices some of you guys are claiming it's worth.. It's actually kind of funny, but I think it'll be even funnier when I sell the car for my asking price.
Exactly. I had a ton of people tell me that my factory Multispokes with Michelin PSS were overpriced at $2k... What do you know -- a gentlemen in the area showed up at my door step with a certified check for a little over $2k and walked away with the set. Furthermore, Multispokes go all day long for $2k+ here on the forums so it wasn't like I was asking for anything at of the ordinary.

Look at the market, reflect on what the prices are, and go from there. Like I said, in the Bay Area and California in general, $36k for that car stock is market price and I mean like selling quick too.
Old 03-25-2016, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Badmeat
I would like to point out that this is not correct. No one (with good/decent credit) should have any issue financing an older vehicle, assuming that they aren't trying to finance a ridiculous amount over the book value

GLWS OP
Must vary by state. No financial institution in my state (Alabama) would finance my 08 at the end of 2014.
I ended up financing through capitalone. If I would have waited 3 weeks later, they wouldn't have financed due the 7 year limitation.

And yes, I have good credit
Old 03-25-2016, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Segway
Must vary by state. No financial institution in my state (Alabama) would finance my 08 at the end of 2014.
I ended up financing through capitalone. If I would have waited 3 weeks later, they wouldn't have financed due the 7 year limitation.

You're correct. A bank may in very rare circumstances finance older vehicles but no way they finance over blue book. I'm in the finance industry.

Everyone here wants to see cars sell for more than they are worth because they have one. OPs car looks nice and he can ask whatever he wants... But asking price and realistic selling price are two different things.

Last edited by slfmde; 03-25-2016 at 02:32 PM.
Old 03-25-2016, 02:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 Calcite White C63
^That is incorrect. I am a Finance Manager at a dealership, so I'm very familiar with auto lending, as I do it every day. I've had my hands on thousands of auto loans and I can assure you, nearly every bank will finance over book value (I could have borrowed 130% of NADA retail on my car last September, if I needed to [it's a 2009]). In fact, some will lend up to 150% of book value.

Also, I'm very familiar with Capital One, as we send them 15+ loans per month. I'll agree to disagree, but leave these facts for anyone considering financing a vehicle more than 5 years old:

-You can finance a vehicle older than 5-7 years
-You can borrow more than book value
-You can get a decent interest rate with the above, and I recommend utilizing a credit union. They tend to beat conventional banks on older car rates.

All of which are assuming good credit.

And again, GLWS OP

Last edited by Badmeat; 03-25-2016 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-25-2016, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63 P30
Originally Posted by Badmeat
^That is incorrect. I am a Finance Manager at a dealership, so I'm very familiar with auto lending, as I do it every day. I've had my hands on thousands of auto loans and I can assure you, nearly every bank will finance over book value (I could have borrowed 130% of NADA retail on my car last September, if I needed to [it's a 2009]). In fact, some will lend up to 150% of book value.

Also, I'm very familiar with Capital One, as we send them 15+ loans per month. I'll agree to disagree, but leave these facts for anyone considering financing a vehicle more than 5 years old:

-You can finance a vehicle older than 5-7 years
-You can borrow more than book value
-You can get a decent interest rate with the above, and I recommend utilizing a credit union. They tend to beat conventional banks on older car rates.

All of which are assuming good credit.

And again, GLWS OP

correct, i know for a fact my credit union advertises up to 120% of KBB with really low rates

used car loans, credit unions are the place to go.

and wow did this thread go offtrack
Old 04-08-2016, 06:07 PM

C63 AMG
The C is officially for sale now. Im asking $40K for the car with all the mods on it currently. Title in hand, clean title. Please DM me directly if you have any questions about the car. Thank you.

Last edited by AMGPower88; 04-11-2016 at 01:43 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Feeler:2008 C63