C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Big problem with Niche wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 04:00 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo (heavily modified)
Big problem with Niche wheels

For all of you guys that have Niche wheels how did you get your TPMS sensors in them? It seems the OEM TPMS cannot clear something in the tire and my shop is having a very hard time figuring out what to do with mounting them. Seems to be they do not fit? I am not sure what the issue is here.
Old 03-24-2016, 05:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 Amg
Originally Posted by ENVē
For all of you guys that have Niche wheels how did you get your TPMS sensors in them? It seems the OEM TPMS cannot clear something in the tire and my shop is having a very hard time figuring out what to do with mounting them. Seems to be they do not fit? I am not sure what the issue is here.
I have Niche wheels and i did not have an issue with this. Try a different shop? Niche targa m129
Old 03-24-2016, 09:17 PM

I did the M130 and they have 2 valve stem locations per wheel they tell you to put the fill valve up front and TPMS valve in the rear which is strange. There is a sticker on the wheels where the front valve goes stating, Do not mount TPMS sensor here. My shop is having an issue getting the TPMS mounted on that back hole without it having an air leak. It is leaking air at that back one... Not sure what is going wrong here and why would there be 2 valve stem holes? Why cant these wheels be normal and just have TPMS mounted up front?

Also my shop is a top of the line place. I only trust them with my cars. Been going there for 6 years since their inception and if they cannot figure out the issue here I do not know who can.

Last edited by ENVē; 03-24-2016 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:36 PM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
None
I have Niche Essen wheels. Installer had no issues with the TPMS sensors, though aftermarket sensors were used, not OE.
Old 03-25-2016, 04:14 AM

Received 205 Likes on 146 Posts
C63 amg Custom 67 Camaro GLK 350 4matic 2017 AMG GTS
No issues here.
Old 03-25-2016, 05:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 Germans
Saw this (for ease of nitrogen flushing also):

A lot of three piece wheels are done like this (or at least should be so that you can install TPMS easily and securely). As stated earlier, the second hole is drilled near the angled drop in the wheel (called a center drop or a drop center). The center drop is used to help mount a tire. If you have ever tried to mount a tire (or watched one being mounted) that doesnt have a deep drop it can be a real pain in the *** and you will typically see multiple techs working on the same wheel/tire to get it to seat. Anyway, the second hole allows the TPMS to sit normally as it "needs" to sit on the angled portion of the drop (as you will see in the pics that are posted) so that it isnt damaged when the tire is being seated or damaged during driving. One hole is drilled on the flat, smooth part of the barrel and one hole is drilled on the angled portion of the barrel. You use the flat, smooth part to install the air valve (which is typically a curved extended valve that extends outward toward the outer edge of the wheel). The second hole, drilled on the angle drop is for mounting the TPMS. Sometimes they use an air valve stem to do it (which isnt always ideal) and sometimes they use a nut/bolt with rubber washers very similar to the construction of an air valve stem. This is completely normal.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:02 AM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
09 C63 AMG
No issues here. Not multi-piece if that's relevant...

Big problem with Niche wheels-7b6ec41e-fc0a-4fcc-8d9c-5951f6cd7d0c_zpsqcxlzup2.jpg
Old 08-24-2016, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 500 A
Originally Posted by ENVē
I ordered Niche Zurich's for my E63 and the TPMS sensors don't fit either. The quality of the wheels was terrible as well. I refused them and now they are saying its never happened before and I'm just being picky. I starting to regret having used this company. Let see what they do now.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:03 PM

My issue was not a wheel issue it was a TPMS issue. Ordered 4 OEM ones at Benz and they ended up fitting.