w204 Headlights for 2011 C63 needed for project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 AMG Sedan, 2015 E63S Sedan, 2015 Tesla Model S P85D
w204 Headlights for 2011 C63 needed for project

Project Quad Bi-xenon

Why can I not find a set of premium quality headlights for the C63? Instead, all over ebay and amazon, they are just for the w204 C300 and C350! (These are slightly small than the AMG version)

Does anyone know where I can get a decent set of headlights, so I can move forward with my project?

I plan on baking them to open it up and blackout the headlight housing. Install 2 pairs of bi-xenon projectors and shrouds. Using clear GLASS projection lenses and led rings inside the shrouds. Instead of the cheap plastic for our Halogen bulbs. The color temp I will use will be 5000k and all other halogen bulb will be changed to matching LED bulb for corner, eyebrows and (white/amber) switchback LEDs for the front turn signals.

If all goes well...

In low beam mode, two sets of projection bi-xenon will be on with the flaps covering half the lens...that's a total of 4 bi-xenon projector on from the pair of headlights. I will also convert the fogs into H7 HID 5000k. So that makes 6 HID kits on in Low Beam mode!!! Flip it to high beam mode and 4 bi-xenon flaps flip wide open, so 4 projection HID kits will be shooting out of the headlights, killing the fog HID kit momentarily.

Can't wait to start the project, but need a NEW set of headlights to commence!

Please help, recommend or point me in the right direction...thanks!

CRAZYKEN
Old 03-31-2016, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
I can get you two used but they aren't cheap.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 AMG Sedan, 2015 E63S Sedan, 2015 Tesla Model S P85D
More than $600 for a pair? I found new Hella headlight for that amount.

CK
Old 03-31-2016, 07:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
I have a used pair of 2012 halogens you can have relatively cheap
Old 03-31-2016, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Could always look at salvage places as well. Even depo headlights might suit your needs.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
You ever finish this project CRAZYKEN? (also calling out jptaylor here)
Don't mean to threadjack, but thought to add to this.

I need a winter project so I've been trying to decide what to do with my headlights. Here's my issue - my DEPO HIDs have a crack in the lens, plus I'm completely unsatisfied with the light output. I upgraded the ballasts and bulbs with Morimoto Elite 55W units, but the projector is the real problem. I got rid of my LED fogs, and didn't realize how much they were supporting the meager light output of the DEPOs.

I also have my original halogens sitting here, but I don't like the non-LED turn signals, or the lack of a "C" LED as found on the HID units (maybe, more on that below).

So I've ordered a bunch of parts from TRS - OE Denso ballasts, Canbus H7 harnesses, and the new Morimoto Mini D2S 4.0 projectors with Panamera shrouds and Morimoto XSB halos, Osram CBI bulbs

My original intention was to a) replace the DEPO polycarbonate lenses with the good condition ones from my OE halogens, and b) totally rebuild the DEPOs by replacing the projectors and associated hardware with the new stuff. The halogen cornering/high beam behind the "C" doesn't look like I can get a small projector in there, so would have to stay like it is now.

But now that I'm looking at my halogens, I'm wondering how they would turn out with quad projectors in them instead? I've seen what jptaylor did to his PFL lights, and like how they turned out. I haven't seen any FL lights with quad projectors, and don't know what to do about the amber turn signal strip. I'm winging this and learning as I go along, so I don't yet know what's available and what's not as far as options for the turns. And I don't know if I should go with a 3" projector on the outside, and then a 2.5" on the inside, or if I should try to shove a 3" on the inside as well. Then would the inner one be just a high beam, or also a bi-xenon...... in short, yes, I have a lot of questions.

So I wanted to open this thread back up to ask the OP what he eventually did (if anything), as well as a repository for DIY headlight mods outside of the usual DEPO. I need some inspiration, as well as some direction here. Thanks.