C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Another 'looking at used C63 got questions' thread

Old 04-13-2016, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 Carrera4
Another 'looking at used C63 got questions' thread

Hi guys, so I'm looking at a 14 C63 with carbon fiber and Red/black interior. Less than 20K miles. looks interesting but im looking at CarFax and never seen this before. I cant find anything online about it.

It lists that seat belt assembly was changed as well as battery cables. Also at one point trans was removed to complete repairs. Never seen this on 63s.
Anyone may know what that's all about?

Old 04-13-2016, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Looks like they replaced the battery cables and seatbelts, and removed the trans for some sort of repair.

Don't you think those answers would be available (uniquely) from either a) the seller, or b) the dealers listed conveniently with phone numbers
Old 04-13-2016, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 Carrera4
the seller is a dealership in IL, the dealership is not going to give me any details about someone else car.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm confused. You're looking to buy this specific car, right? And the seller (dealer) is looking to sell it, right? So, as a prospective buyer, are you saying that when you call to ask the dealer what's up with these repairs on the Carfax, that they're NOT going to tell you? Or that they are NOT going to get the answers for you with paperwork from the other dealers?
Old 04-13-2016, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
2 things:

1- Is the car being sold by a MB dealership or else?
Even though you are in IL you can still call that FL dealership saying you are a potential buyer for this car and would like to have more information about it. Or ask the IL dealership to request the information for you. I've done it before and there is always a way.

2- Car is a 2014 and has less than 20k miles. So it should still be under warranty? That is a good piece of mind. Unless the title is a lemon.

GL
Old 04-13-2016, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
I'm confused. You're looking to buy this specific car, right? And the seller (dealer) is looking to sell it, right? So, as a prospective buyer, are you saying that when you call to ask the dealer what's up with these repairs on the Carfax, that they're NOT going to tell you? Or that they are NOT going to get the answers for you with paperwork from the other dealers?
+1

....I'm assuming you already inquired with them?
Which dealer?
The following users liked this post:
BLKROKT (04-13-2016)
Old 04-13-2016, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
+1

....I'm assuming you already inquired with them?
Which dealer?
It was better before the edit

I've changed my profile pic to properly reflect my feelings for this thread and MBW as a whole lately
Old 04-13-2016, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 Carrera4
The dealer listing this car is not an MB dealer, thus asking them will not yield any results. However, if you are saying that the dealer in FL may be willing to disclose the info, i will give them a call right away. Thank you very much
Old 04-13-2016, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I've changed my profile pic to properly reflect my feelings for this thread and MBW as a whole lately
LOL!
Old 04-13-2016, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 Carrera4

Really? Really? asking the community if anyone had issues with seat belts or battery cables is somehow getting on your nerves?
If its not up you your snuff, please don't read or reply.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
I actually had questions about mine when I bought it used from a non-dealer. I called the dealership a few times and left messages. They never called back, understandably so since they were probably swamped as usual and I wasn't a customer. I ended up emailing MBUSA in NJ and got the info I needed (much to my surprise).
Old 04-13-2016, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 Carrera4
Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
I actually had questions about mine when I bought it used from a non-dealer. I called the dealership a few times and left messages. They never called back, understandably so since they were probably swamped as usual and I wasn't a customer. I ended up emailing MBUSA in NJ and got the info I needed (much to my surprise).
good to know, thanks
Old 04-13-2016, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hahaha...you caught that...

I find myself sometimes being too mean or tempermental when posts drive me crazy. Trying to tone it down in my old age...
BLKROKT (04-13-2016)
Old 04-13-2016, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I guess what we are all trying to say is:

1. YOU are buying the car, not us
2. YOU need to do your due diligence as much as possible
3. Anything can go wrong with cars, machines, no matter what we say, our experiences may or may not apply to you
4. Do a PPI
5. If you are under warranty, you have piece of mind
6. ASK ASK ASK...not us, but the DEALER or SELLER you are buying the car from the details. In the end, its you and them doing a transaction, not YOU and US. We can tell you all day not to worry, but in the end if something goes wrong, you cannot hold a forum or members accountable...
7. If they have their **** straight, they should be able to research and answer all your questions to the "T". It's like getting a heart transplant and the doctor or hospital saying, "Look, we just do the transplants, we have no idea where we get our donor hearts from..."

Some researching on the forum is also helpful. There is a common problems thread and that should help. But just to smooth things over, good luck with purchase and apologies for our attitudes as many of us have been here for a while, have had our cars for more than 3-5 years and are looking for more productive inquiries...I know, I know, if we have nothing positive to add, we should not read the post and move along....it's just hard sometimes....
ENV² (04-14-2016)
Old 04-13-2016, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 Carrera4
Although i don't have as many posts as you do, i've been here a tad longer. I understand the frustrations that we have sometimes, but that's why i don't have that many posts, because i chose not to get in to it with folks and ignore threads that may be annoying to me.
I make sure to do my research as much as possible before i decide to post. I've been reading every thread on w204 amg for two weeks before i posted my first question (this wasn't my first question btw).
These things came up as extremely puzzling as i have never seen it on any Mercedes, and i decided to ask folks here.

Anyway, thank you all, i'll call stealer in FL.

P.S. Yes, PPI is a must. that's already being scheduled.
Old 04-13-2016, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 P30
It's probably nothing to worry about, you will have warranty so the mb dealer near you will fix anything wrong
Battery cables nothing, we had a mustang that the battery corroded through the cable within the first 2 yrs and the seat belts could just be rattles or a really really large person was the driver and kept snapping them

Don't fret on the trans, it could be the driver complained about the shifts and they pulled the tranny to check
As said above try calling the dealer and ask, or email mbusa
Old 04-13-2016, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 P30

I completely understand it's always the same questions. I'm just glad this isn't the usual tire question
Like many lately I've been contemplating selling mine, dunno why just not excited about the brand like I was

Ok I just cracked myself up because I didn't see you posted a tire thread hah..no offense meant

Last edited by rentzington; 04-13-2016 at 06:30 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:32 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
10 C63, 06 S65, 14 ML350, 95 S500
I think as long as you go to any MB dealership they should be able to pull up records for the whole car. I have a good relationship with my service advisor at my local MB dealership and he pulled up all the info for my s65 from the mb database before I bought it and also gave me the printout of all the work done by MB (something he said they aren't allowed to do)
Old 04-13-2016, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by akmatic63
I think as long as you go to any MB dealership they should be able to pull up records for the whole car. I have a good relationship with my service advisor at my local MB dealership and he pulled up all the info for my s65 from the mb database before I bought it and also gave me the printout of all the work done by MB (something he said they aren't allowed to do)
True any MB dealership should be able to pull the VMI (vehicle master inquiry). But they are not allowed to give you the print out since it has all personal information of the actual owner. If you know your SA well you can ask him to give it to you on the down low.
Either way you can just ask for explanation on the work done without needing the actual print out of service history.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
‘04 996 C4S, ‘18 GLC, ‘19 Alltrack
Originally Posted by akmatic63
I had the local Porsche dealer pull the records from another dealership on a car that was 10 years old. The info is in there.

TC
Old 04-13-2016, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
C63 coupe, Z3M Roadster garage queen
Originally Posted by malahhaor
Hi guys, so I'm looking at a 14 C63 with carbon fiber and Red/black interior. Less than 20K miles. looks interesting but im looking at CarFax and never seen this before. I cant find anything online about it.

It lists that seat belt assembly was changed as well as battery cables. Also at one point trans was removed to complete repairs. Never seen this on 63s.
Anyone may know what that's all about?
I've been here a long time and have never seen any discussion about replacing the battery cables. I can't think of any logical reason for doing it - and doing it twice on such a new car is certainly puzzling. Same on the seat belts - they should last forever and this car's had several changed. Were they perhaps swapped to a different color?

I hope the dealership is able to shed some light on the CarFax. Update us when you find out - I'm curious.

Side note: it looks like the prior owner must have worked hard on testing the transmission after they put it back in - two new tires in 5,000 miles is pretty good work!
Old 04-14-2016, 06:41 AM

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 911, 2012 C63
Are you doubly sure the title is clean / not branded? Sure sounds like someone was trying to chase down dome gremlins. Yes, having a warranty is great, but having to deal with taking it in over and over is most certainly not.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

^ That's why he needs to get the records from MB. Or he needs to tell the seller to get them. Because that's what sellers do when buyers ask questions like this. It's pretty simple - without those, it's 100% a guessing game and none of this is getting him anywhere. Like this thread.

It's like me telling the forum that I have a headache right behind my left eye. What's the cause? Well it's this thread obviously. But in the absence of any real information - like this thread - a guess is as good as it's going to get, and will likely be wrong.

Last edited by BLKROKT; 04-14-2016 at 07:37 AM.