C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

passing va emissions with eurcharged v5 tune and agency power headers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63
Question passing va emissions with eurcharged v5 tune and agency power headers

i am in the process of waiting for my 09 c63 to arrive, i had a couple questions concerning the eurocharged v5 tune & agency power headers before i purchase it

1. will i be able to pass emissions

2. has the rev limit been modified with the tune

3. has the speed limiter been raised as well?

4. Is it easy to installing the ECU flash by myself using the myGenius handheld without bringing it to an authorized shop?
Old 04-26-2016, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
1. I am in VA and never get emissions tested. Where in VA are you?

2,3. Did you do ANY research on their tune?

4. It's easy.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:42 PM

c63
1. I live in northern va (ashburn) in order for me to register my car every year we are required to take an emissions test yearly or every two years

2. just went to there website it says it does not change the rev limiter
3. they removed the speed limiter

4. Have you done it before? ive looked over the instructions and it looks straight forward just worried if something goes wrong will i be able to revert it back to factory settings
Old 04-26-2016, 09:37 PM

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
2012 C63 P31 sedan
If it is not throwing any codes and has the cats still on it will pass. There is no sniff test in VA for newer cars.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
Yeah. It takes like 2 min. Easy to tune or revert. Same process either way.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:45 PM

c63
with the headers, i am assuming that it does not remove the cats?
Old 04-26-2016, 09:46 PM

c63
Originally Posted by chrisridebike8
Yeah. It takes like 2 min. Easy to tune or revert. Same process either way.
Once i cross that bridge, if you are located in the nova area could you show me?
Old 04-26-2016, 10:00 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
W204 C63
Originally Posted by gr33dy nerd
with the headers, i am assuming that it does not remove the cats?
That depends on the headers you have. If you have a Test-Pipe, you don't have cats then.

AP should be paired with HFCs...but you'll have to check your own setup to be sure.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
Once i cross that bridge, if you are located in the nova area could you show me?
I am in Virginia Beach but I visit family in DC sometimes. If I am in the area I would be happy to show you. Eurocharged is in DC though and should be able yo help you on the spot.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:04 PM

c63
Originally Posted by Phil Chow
That depends on the headers you have. If you have a Test-Pipe, you don't have cats then.

AP should be paired with HFCs...but you'll have to check your own setup to be sure.
what i am asking is purchasing the package from eurocharged which comes with the v5 tune and AP headers will i be eliminating my cats?
Old 04-26-2016, 11:06 PM

c63
I am in Virginia Beach but I visit family in DC sometimes. If I am in the area I would be happy to show you. Eurocharged is in DC though and should be able yo help you on the spot.
i tried to do a search to see if there is a eurocharged close to nova but i couldnt find one?

Where is it located at? Or is it a authorized dealer/tuner if show what is the shop called?

thanks
Old 04-26-2016, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Eurocharged is in DC though and should be able yo help you on the spot.
They shut that place down a long time ago. Now the closest EC dealer is in MD called ISP racing.

what i am asking is purchasing the package from eurocharged which comes with the v5 tune and AP headers will i be eliminating my cats?
OP -- Call EC.

"Features include 3/8” thick flanges with tig welded and hand ported inlets, 1-7/8” long tube primaries, leak free merge collectors with scavenger spikes, 200 cell metallic substrate cats (or cat delete) and a direct fit 3” X-pipe that provides excellent ground clearance and great fit."

You'll specify catted or decatted when you're ordering.

Better yet, get your car first. It's easy to get that shopping list going before you even take delivery, I know, I get it, and I have been that guy many a time. However, judging by the sound of it, you're not going to install the headers yourself. Shops are going to charge you 8-12 hours on headers. Labor alone is $1000-$1500 + $3500 for parts and you're looking at $5k right out of the gate.

If I were you, I would start with a tune. Then, from there, if you want more sound out of the car move onto an x-pipe / resonator delete. Then, if you still want more power, readdress headers.

Again though, call EC.

As for passing emissions, I'm in NY where we have annual obdII scans, no sniffer. I know people are passing up here with catless headers on tunes. Honestly though, it's really a coin flip to how your car takes everything. These cars can be pretty sensitive. Another reason I'd hold off on the headers if I were you because what if you install at $1500 just to have to take them off again at $1500 for an inspection just to put them back on for $1500... $3k/yr to pass inspections.

See what I mean?
Old 04-27-2016, 04:59 AM

2009 C63 AMG. 1998 BMW M3
In VA you'll fail safety inspection too without cats, just FYI

There is a way around the emissions though
Old 04-27-2016, 10:09 AM

c63
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
They shut that place down a long time ago. Now the closest EC dealer is in MD called ISP racing.

OP -- Call EC.

"Features include 3/8” thick flanges with tig welded and hand ported inlets, 1-7/8” long tube primaries, leak free merge collectors with scavenger spikes, 200 cell metallic substrate cats (or cat delete) and a direct fit 3” X-pipe that provides excellent ground clearance and great fit."

You'll specify catted or decatted when you're ordering.

Better yet, get your car first. It's easy to get that shopping list going before you even take delivery, I know, I get it, and I have been that guy many a time. However, judging by the sound of it, you're not going to install the headers yourself. Shops are going to charge you 8-12 hours on headers. Labor alone is $1000-$1500 + $3500 for parts and you're looking at $5k right out of the gate.

If I were you, I would start with a tune. Then, from there, if you want more sound out of the car move onto an x-pipe / resonator delete. Then, if you still want more power, readdress headers.

Again though, call EC.

As for passing emissions, I'm in NY where we have annual obdII scans, no sniffer. I know people are passing up here with catless headers on tunes. Honestly though, it's really a coin flip to how your car takes everything. These cars can be pretty sensitive. Another reason I'd hold off on the headers if I were you because what if you install at $1500 just to have to take them off again at $1500 for an inspection just to put them back on for $1500... $3k/yr to pass inspections.

See what I mean?
Agreed thanks
Old 08-02-2016, 09:21 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2010 C63 AMG sedan
Agreed thanks
If you haven't already purchased headers, I'm working on installing what on paper is an emissions legal, high flow exhaust system. It includes DynoComp long tube headers, 3" 300 cell high flow cats, x-pipe, and a Remus resonator/muffler cat-back system. I'm re-installing all 4 O2 sensors in this setup. With the EuroCharged Stage V tune, the rear 02 sensors are turned off and that will flag the OBDII portion of the emissions test here in Colorado. However, reflashing the ECU with the stock map and running the 300 cell cats 'should' pass both the OBDII and sniff portions of the emissions testing.

I'll share more info once I get it installed this week and get it to an emissions center. After that, I'll get it on a dyno so we can see the rwhp gains, which should be in the +70-90 rwhp range.
Old 08-02-2016, 01:17 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
10 C63, 06 S65, 14 ML350, 95 S500
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
See what I mean?
+1. If you do it all at once you'll get bored of it fast. do one thing, get bored, then something else, repeat

not to say you'll get bored of the car, but it keeps it interesting doing mods in stages!

Last edited by akmatic63; 08-02-2016 at 01:19 PM. Reason: defining bored