C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Installed rear door AMG pins today

Old 05-29-2016, 05:46 PM

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts
2022 4 Runner Pro, supercharged and lifted Lime Rush, 2018 E63s wagon Edition 1
Installed rear door AMG pins today

Hello all,

I finally made the time to tackle this project. I know a few of you have done the fronts (like me months ago) but didn't do the back doors because of the extra hassle. Let me say: It's not that hard to do. You only need a T27 torx driver (at least for the '13 sedan) to unscrew the two bolts in the lower part of the arm rest, a flat head screw driver to initially pry the bottom of the door panel to get your fingers in to pry away the door panel, and a pair of needle nose pliars to hold the door lock actuator while installing the new AMG pins. I would suggest purchasing a handful of new orange door clips because two of mine broke part of the ring that slides into the door panel. They still worked though so I just reused them. Looks much nicer than the big black ones that's for sure. If anyone would like more info on replacing them please let me know.

On another front, last night coming home from work a BMW M model, not sure what but a larger model than the M decided he didn't want to wait behind me at a red light so got on my side (right.) Now I don't usually street race but this guy paced me and then punched it. Well, being a guy myself (though 59) I did the same and had him by about half a car length and sure enough, he thought he could smoke me and then get in front, hit his brakes and turn left. A major FAIL as he had to get behind me and do his left turn. Now I had someone do this while I was driving my truck and I had to hit my brakes to avoid rear ending this nitwit while he could have easily stayed behind me but, no, that's too easy. Anyway, I feel that I represented the AMG C63 as to what it is capable of.