C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Looking for eurocharged v5 dyno on MCT p31 c63

Old 06-19-2016, 02:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
CLS63 AMG
Looking for eurocharged v5 dyno on MCT p31 c63

I tried searching but cannot find the specific data I'm looking for.

Does anybody have a dyno chart showing baseline and gains they got with a eurocharged v5 tune specifically on a p31 facelift MCT c63?

Looking for dyno charts with just the v5 tune alone or in combination with row air boxes+filters on an MCT p31.

Thanks for any help guys.
Old 06-19-2016, 04:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,809 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Old 06-19-2016, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
So glad I have not checked the recent threads this weekend, this and the row air box guy lol.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 407 Likes on 289 Posts
'10 C63
I have a non-P31 pre-FL with the v5 tune. I made about 650 whp tune only. Seriously though...just search "P31 dyno"

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ed-v5-p31.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...round-2-a.html
Old 06-19-2016, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
So glad I have not checked the recent threads this weekend, this and the row air box guy lol.
Awesome helpful advice
Old 06-19-2016, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by chrisridebike8
I have a non-P31 pre-FL with the v5 tune. I made about 650 whp tune only. Seriously though...just search "P31 dyno"

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ed-v5-p31.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...round-2-a.html
Thank you Chris. I already found this I did not just post without searching.

The problem there with Razzy is his car is all over the place and the data is all confusing with his dirty filter situation.

I'm also looking for both whp and wtq numbers. He's only clear on the hp gain.

Thanks for at least trying to help though I appreciate it.
Old 06-19-2016, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by Amg63-
Awesome helpful advice
Literally took me 3 seconds of searching google...
Not P31 but pretty much the same.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...d-v5-tune.html

Last edited by INS1GNIA; 06-19-2016 at 10:13 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
Literally took me 3 seconds of searching google...
Not P31 but pretty much the same.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...d-v5-tune.html
Lol don't kill Me but I saw this one as well.

It's interesting to see the final number a 507 reaches with the tune. Now the question is will the p31 end up at the same end result on the same tune?

I know in theory that should be the case but I'm just looking for a solid dyno to confirm this. That's all. I just can't find one and it's annoying me lol
Old 06-20-2016, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Lol don't kill Me but I saw this one as well. It's interesting to see the final number a 507 reaches with the tune. Now the question is will the p31 end up at the same end result on the same tune? I know in theory that should be the case but I'm just looking for a solid dyno to confirm this. That's all. I just can't find one and it's annoying me lol
Maybe contact a tuner?
Old 06-20-2016, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
Maybe contact a tuner?
Thanks. Sounds like a good idea
Old 06-20-2016, 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Maybe stop worrying about meaningless dyno numbers? Is there some kind of contest I'm unaware of? Dick-measuring convention?
Old 06-20-2016, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Maybe stop worrying about meaningless dyno numbers? Is there some kind of contest I'm unaware of? Dick-measuring convention?
Why would you say they are meaningless?

Not at all I simply am curious to know what the power gains are from stock to this setup. I didn't know you considered it a crime to want to know some really simple and basic info. Please don't arrest me your scaring me with these tough guy comments.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well then do a search, there are at least 50 threads about this. And if you're not finding answers, keep searching. They're here on the forum, and you asking over and over again is making others do the work for you.

Curiosity is one thing. The gains are well-known and have been discussed. Every car ends up at the same number, regardless whether normal, P31, BS, or 507.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 AMG
Well then do a search, there are at least 50 threads about this. And if you're not finding answers, keep searching. They're here on the forum, and you asking over and over again is making others do the work for you.

Curiosity is one thing. The gains are well-known and have been discussed. Every car ends up at the same number, regardless whether normal, P31, BS, or 507.
Can you just at least give me a ballpark figure of the whp and wtq number they end up at?

I searched around and between pre mct and mct its confusing because it seems the transmission differences between the years make different numbers. It must be something to do with the torque converter I'm not sure.

It seems the 507s are ending up around 440-445whp. Isn't that a bit high for a p31 with just a v5 tune?

Last edited by Amg63-; 06-20-2016 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

THEY ALL END UP AT THE SAME THING
Old 06-20-2016, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Different dynos are going to read differently.

You can put your car on a dyno in NY and then put it on a dyno in Cali and you're going to end up with different numbers. Not only that, but my c63 and your c63 are going to make different numbers on the same dyno at the same time. Dyno numbers are really meaningless unless they are done on your car and only to measure gains.

If you want to see a bunch of graphs, go to google images and type in "c63 dyno." You'll see what I mean by all over the place.

I also don't want to say "You'll get 420whp" and then you come back here assuming something is wrong with your car when you only make 380.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Different dynos are going to read differently.

You can put your car on a dyno in NY and then put it on a dyno in Cali and you're going to end up with different numbers. Not only that, but my c63 and your c63 are going to make different numbers on the same dyno at the same time. Dyno numbers are really meaningless unless they are done on your car and only to measure gains.

If you want to see a bunch of graphs, go to google images and type in "c63 dyno." You'll see what I mean by all over the place.

I also don't want to say "You'll get 420whp" and then you come back here assuming something is wrong with your car when you only make 380.
Thanks for info and actually being helpful. Some people have a real problem with that it seems.

That's interesting that same day and same dyno that 2 different c63s with the same mods could make different numbers.

What's the reason they would come
out different if they are both the same car and same dyno and same day?

Does each c63 have a different power output? Is one faster than another because the engines are hand crafted?
Old 06-20-2016, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Some people have a real problem with that it seems.
The only thing 'some people' have a problem with is someone who is a) too lazy to look things up themselves, and b) clogging up the forum by creating a brand new thread on something that's been discussed hundreds of times just because they want to feel special. "Oh hey, look at all the attention I'm getting with my very own thread on something everyone is ****ing sick and tired of discussing. Yay, I'm special!"

EVERY single car has a different power output. No manufacturer makes every single car to produce exactly the same power, with the possible exception of boutique manufacturers who dyno test and tune the engines exactly before they're shipped out the door. Dynos are only good for measuring the effect of specific changes to a specific car at a specific point in time. Google "how to use a dyno".
Old 06-20-2016, 01:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you're interested in end HP and TQ gains. I wouldn't worry about it much.

There's a whole bunch of reasons why 2 seemingly identical cars can produce different numbers on the same dyno and same day. Bearing gap, ring gap, wear and tear. Some motors are just stronger.

The only reason I would find a dyno graph useful is if you actually want it to analyze the gains throughout the graph. Like others have said. Different dyno output different numbers and different tuners use different setting. The only useful thing I see a dyno graph having is the end number gains over stock and the difference in the powerband the tune creates. Well there are other things too but I doubt that those would be what you're concerned about.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by agentMurdoc
If you're interested in end HP and TQ gains. I wouldn't worry about it much.

There's a whole bunch of reasons why 2 seemingly identical cars can produce different numbers on the same dyno and same day. Bearing gap, ring gap, wear and tear. Some motors are just stronger.

The only reason I would find a dyno graph useful is if you actually want it to analyze the gains throughout the graph. Like others have said. Different dyno output different numbers and different tuners use different setting. The only useful thing I see a dyno graph having is the end number gains over stock and the difference in the powerband the tune creates. Well there are other things too but I doubt that those would be what you're concerned about.

Thanks so I guess that explains why there's a big variance.

So a good tune should be showing a gain all across the band at every rpm?

It looks like most off the shelf tunes from the graphs I'm seeing are showing gains are everywhere which I'm assuming is what is important to notice?
Old 06-20-2016, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 AMG
The only thing 'some people' have a problem with is someone who is a) too lazy to look things up themselves, and b) clogging up the forum by creating a brand new thread on something that's been discussed hundreds of times just because they want to feel special. "Oh hey, look at all the attention I'm getting with my very own thread on something everyone is ****ing sick and tired of discussing. Yay, I'm special!"

EVERY single car has a different power output. No manufacturer makes every single car to produce exactly the same power, with the possible exception of boutique manufacturers who dyno test and tune the engines exactly before they're shipped out the door. Dynos are only good for measuring the effect of specific changes to a specific car at a specific point in time. Google "how to use a dyno".
Could careless for attention on an Internet forum where I'm a stranger. Hell even when I'm familiar with people Im far from the guy who cares for attention, but ok think what you like as it really doesn't affect me in anyway lol.

Good to know not all engines are equal. I thought they are all made by machine (aside from the c63) so they all came out exactly the same. Thank you sir.

Last edited by Amg63-; 06-20-2016 at 03:00 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Good to know not all engines are equal. I thought they are all made by machine (aside from the c63) so they all came out exactly the same. Thank you sir.
Nah, even machines aren't perfect. There are some C63's that burn oil right out of the box. There are some that are tighter and go through none. The 'hand made' nature exacerbates the problem that nothing is perfect. Most seem to be underrated from the factory in terms of horsepower. And then when you add another variable machine to the mix in a dyno - something that can read massively different values depending on atmospheric conditions, the condition of the car, the temperature the car is running at, the quality of gas, etc etc etc.... well you can see how there are just too many variables to account for. Which is why they are only good on a specific day, with a specific car, to determine the effect (before/after) of a specific modification, tune, etc. Those who would use dynos for bragging rights or the previously mentioned dick-measuring contest, well that is just stupid and only illustrates someone who doesn't have a clue what one is used for.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 AMG
Nah, even machines aren't perfect. There are some C63's that burn oil right out of the box. There are some that are tighter and go through none. The 'hand made' nature exacerbates the problem that nothing is perfect. Most seem to be underrated from the factory in terms of horsepower. And then when you add another variable machine to the mix in a dyno - something that can read massively different values depending on atmospheric conditions, the condition of the car, the temperature the car is running at, the quality of gas, etc etc etc.... well you can see how there are just too many variables to account for. Which is why they are only good on a specific day, with a specific car, to determine the effect (before/after) of a specific modification, tune, etc. Those who would use dynos for bragging rights or the previously mentioned dick-measuring contest, well that is just stupid and only illustrates someone who doesn't have a clue what one is used for.
Thank you. That is awesome info I did not know all this before.

All I can say now is I'm upset at myself
For not doing a before and after dyno on my car on the day I got the tune done.

My butt dyno tells tells me my car got faster from the stock p31 tune. However I wish I could have this document just to be 100% sure this v5 tune really gained on my stock p31.

I guess I'll just have to find time to do this one of these days.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 407 Likes on 289 Posts
'10 C63
Thank you. That is awesome info I did not know all this before.

All I can say now is I'm upset at myself
For not doing a before and after dyno on my car on the day I got the tune done.

My butt dyno tells tells me my car got faster from the stock p31 tune. However I wish I could have this document just to be 100% sure this v5 tune really gained on my stock p31.

I guess I'll just have to find time to do this one of these days.
If you have the flash loader you can still do a before dyno. Just flash back to stock.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 AMG
Tune taking time to adapt.

Also had another question. Is it really true that it takes time for the tune to adapt before the car makes the max power output with it?

If so wouldn't the only way to dyno the gains to be to drive it a bit then redyno?

If this is the case how can we follow this rule of getting it all done on the same day to see the true gains it made?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looking for eurocharged v5 dyno on MCT p31 c63