C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

ANYONE ELSE DISAPPOINTED WITH OE TUNE C63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
^Bummerville on this going back to not making sense.

Again, just work with OE and keep your cool and see what happens. If it doesn't work out with them, but you would still like your car tuned and quicker shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can't point you in the direction of a smokin' deal on a tune that will work.

After all, those tires need to be roasted on a daily basis, right?
Old 08-24-2016, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 c63 amg coupe
so if the cars factory ecu had a custom tune in it from the get go is it possible for oe tunes to overwrite it back to stock without me knowing ?
Old 08-24-2016, 07:26 PM

2012 c63 amg coupe
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
^Bummerville on this going back to not making sense.

Again, just work with OE and keep your cool and see what happens. If it doesn't work out with them, but you would still like your car tuned and quicker shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can't point you in the direction of a smokin' deal on a tune that will work.

After all, those tires need to be roasted on a daily basis, right?
Sounds great, Im hoping that we can get this problem resolved but what I found funny was Ive been waiting for them to return my call from last night but they come on here and say to contact them so that we can figure it out. Ive been waiting for you guys to call me back since Rocco told me that he would, but still no phone call. Not really sure how much Jeremy & Rocco communicate but it would be nice if they both get on the same page.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:53 PM

2012 c63 amg coupe
Originally Posted by SALES@OETUNING
If we can get CAN logs/Dynos and supporting data we will gladly help you through this. Please contact us directly and we can explain how this process works and the steps to take to get accurate data.
It would have been cheaper to have had the car dyno tuned but you told me that you guys knew everything there is to know about these cars and thats why I went with you. But know you want me to pay on top of what I already spent to do what I was going to do in the first place. How about you just refund me my money and we go our separate ways with no hard feelings. Seems easy enough. By the way Im still waiting on that phone call.

Last edited by VIPERRACING; 08-24-2016 at 11:07 PM.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 c63
Originally Posted by VIPERRACING
It would have been cheaper to have had the car dyno tuned but you told me that you guys knew everything there is to know about these cars and thats why I went with you. But know you want me to pay on top of what I already spent to do what I was going to do in the first place. How about you just refund me my money and we go our separate ways with no hard feelings. Seems easy enough. By the way Im still waiting on that phone call.

Ihave been there buddy, they kept telling me the same excuses I even took my carto the dyno but that didn’t convince them too.

good luck
Old 08-25-2016, 03:13 PM
SPONSOR

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
so if the cars factory ecu had a custom tune in it from the get go is it possible for oe tunes to overwrite it back to stock without me knowing ?
The only way the stock file "ORIGINAL" is written with MyGenius is if you select to write it.

Sounds great, Im hoping that we can get this problem resolved but what I found funny was Ive been waiting for them to return my call from last night but they come on here and say to contact them so that we can figure it out. Ive been waiting for you guys to call me back since Rocco told me that he would, but still no phone call. Not really sure how much Jeremy & Rocco communicate but it would be nice if they both get on the same page.
Technical support is email only. Once data, dynos and CAN logs requested have been sent to us and the dyno procedure we instruct has been followed correctly, then we can move forward.

Dyno is not necessary in most cases. If you had a tune on your car before, then what you claim does make sense. But unfortunately without data we don't speculate or guess as to what your situation is. Support is email only. sales@oetuning.com We will expect an email with all data before we can comment and move forward.
If you want to call us, then go for it. 818-574-5075
Old 08-25-2016, 03:42 PM

2012 c63 amg coupe
The only way the stock file "ORIGINAL" is written with MyGenius is if you select to write it.

Technical support is email only. Once data, dynos and CAN logs requested have been sent to us and the dyno procedure we instruct has been followed correctly, then we can move forward.

Dyno is not necessary in most cases. If you had a tune on your car before, then what you claim does make sense. But unfortunately without data we don't speculate or guess as to what your situation is. Support is email only. sales@oetuning.com We will expect an email with all data before we can comment and move forward.
Are you guys serious? Im still over here waiting for you to return my call with answers to my questions and you still haven't done that. I asked you(OE TUNES)to verify that the car wasn't tuned prior to me buying your product which you verified that it was all stock which I still have all the emails of you confirming that it was all stock. So what you are saying makes no sense. Tell you what, If you want to pay for the dyno time & my time off work then Im willing to get you all the data that your asking for or you can just refund me my money back and we can call it a day. Your own employee even told me that you guys have had several cars that acted the same as mine after your tune was installed.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:00 PM
SPONSOR

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
Are you guys serious? Im still over here waiting for you to return my call with answers to my questions and you still haven't done that. I asked you(OE TUNES)to verify that the car wasn't tuned prior to me buying your product which you verified that it was all stock which I still have all the emails of you confirming that it was all stock. So what you are saying makes no sense. Tell you what, If you want to pay for the dyno time & my time off work then Im willing to get you all the data that your asking for or you can just refund me my money back and we can call it a day. Your own employee even told me that you guys have had several cars that acted the same as mine after your tune was installed.
Really? Send over the data we constantly request and we're happy to assist. Didn't you have dynos already as your previous emails suggest Tony? Please send them over so we can check also. The only way to confirm if your ECU was tuned prior, is to send in your ECU for reading. If you did not send in your ECU for reading, then we only supplied our tuned map pack and the ORIGINAL MB file to program back. MyGenius does not read the file that is on your car and cannot tell if the car was tuned prior or not. This is no secret.
After going over your emails, you first complained about throttle lag with the first pump gas tune. We then sent you an updated tune and your response was that you can now spin the tires and now you are happy. Now you say the opposite, so we are confused as to what is actually the case here..... Your emails also suggest running the race gas tune with pump gas, which we highly do not recommend (power output will be less if incorrect file is not used with correct fuel grade).
We are here to help, but first we must get all ducks and facts in a row so that this process is prompt and accurate.
The following users liked this post:
glennhl (08-26-2016)
Old 08-25-2016, 04:28 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
cheers to OEtuning's unwavering support and knowledge...

and yes, if your ECU already "had" a tune on it and you overwritten it with OEtuning, that is YOUR FAULT not theirs. Their tune makes power over stock...that's a given and proven, but if you had another tune previously that made more power......all of us over the internet wouldn't be able to tell you that be true or false.

from all your comments here it sounds like you're complaining that your car now feels like its slower than a Toyota Prius Hybrid...but you haven't posted any dyno's. The only way your car could be that slow is if you have a fault with the ECU, or somehow have an issue with your ECU and flash. Heck, maybe your transmission has a fault for all we know! Maybe your car battery doesn't have enough voltage to allow the myGenius to properly complete the flash and validate checksums? If that did occur (not sure if the Mercedes ECU works in this fashion), you will have run issues. I know when flashing an Audi/VW/Porsche/Lamborghini ECU that can easily occur. In some rare occurrences it can cause a complete ECU lockout.

you could even drive your car and have your passenger record you giving it full throttle...anything! Being a tuner myself you really need to do things one step at a time and report back. Creating swirl won't help unless you proceed to follow the tuners steps for diagnosis. Just yesterday I spent 2 hours helping a guy in Washington DC with his Haltech ECU over the internet. The 2nd thing i told him was, "HAVE YOU VALIDATED ALL YOUR WIRING IS CORRECTLY WIRED AND HOOKED UP." I repeated this about 8 other times over the next 2 hours of support, and he kept assuring me he has checked it 5 times already. After I exhausted all solutions and diagnosis, I told him that he would have to verify his wiring one more time at MY request. 10 minutes later he reports back that he had ONE connector not attached which caused a no fuel situation to his injectors.

moral of the story is...diagnosis is a step by step procedure and sometimes it takes time to figure it out, but any person selling a product or service they care about WILL diagnose the issue "with" you. that guy in DC, i was just helping. I didn't sell him any product or support, but felt that nobody he has spoke to was knowledgeable to properly solve his issues.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com

Last edited by hachiroku; 08-25-2016 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:25 PM

2012 c63 amg coupe
Really? Send over the data we constantly request and we're happy to assist. Didn't you have dynos already as your previous emails suggest Tony? Please send them over so we can check also. The only way to confirm if your ECU was tuned prior, is to send in your ECU for reading. If you did not send in your ECU for reading, then we only supplied our tuned map pack and the ORIGINAL MB file to program back. MyGenius does not read the file that is on your car and cannot tell if the car was tuned prior or not. This is no secret.
After going over your emails, you first complained about throttle lag with the first pump gas tune. We then sent you an updated tune and your response was that you can now spin the tires and now you are happy. Now you say the opposite, so we are confused as to what is actually the case here..... Your emails also suggest running the race gas tune with pump gas, which we highly do not recommend (power output will be less if incorrect file is not used with correct fuel grade).
We are here to help, but first we must get all ducks and facts in a row so that this process is prompt and accurate.
No I do not have any dyno's available anywhere near me. Im not sure why you would have told me that the stock "oem" file was actually untouched being "NOW" your telling me that you can't read the factory tune so why then would anyone have to send you the factory tune? Yes, after you sent the 2nd revised tune out the car did blow the tires off but this was after You had me do a Hard reset, which every car that has adaptive learn would react in the same manner but after the adaptions were learned the car will not what so ever blow the tires off nor does it set you back like the factory tune that came in the car and this was explained to you and I asked for a refund since this wasn't working out but you told me that it was pass your return policy which was a slap in the face being that you knew that I was having problems with it from the begin. Ive asked several times how data logging could be done but you guys told me that its not possible with your unit. Being that you have had this same issue with several other cars could you at least tell me what seemed to have been the problem and if you have a solution for it?
Old 08-25-2016, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Some people just shouldn't be sold a tune without taking an IQ and personality-disorder test first
The following users liked this post:
mthis (08-26-2016)
Old 08-25-2016, 06:02 PM

2012 c63 amg coupe
OE TUNE, Rocco & Jeremy, I did not start this thread to bash you guys I started it because I wanted to see if anyone else was having my same issues, and apparently their is many that have. I would love to get everything figured out & if not, all Im asking for you to do is refund me. What your asking the customers to do when having problems is quite ridiculous being that we bought your product trusting that the claims that you make when advertising them are accurate. To tell a customer that you have had several cars with the same issues after all this running around and then to ask them to take time out of their day to travel to a dyno and spend a ton of extra money is just unacceptable because like I said before, we(customers) TRUSTED your claims when buying your product that we are paying you for (your expertise) and that you have already done ALL THE HOMEWORK in order to offer a product that actually works. So in any business it all comes down to trust and how that business takes care of issues that may arise. Sorry to say this but your solution & customer service has not been up to par which leads me and many others, that have pm'ed me, to have no trust in you.

Last edited by VIPERRACING; 08-25-2016 at 10:24 PM.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by hachiroku

and yes, if your ECU already "had" a tune on it and you overwritten it with OEtuning, that is YOUR FAULT not theirs. Their tune makes power over stock...that's a given and proven, but if you had another tune previously that made more power......all of us over the internet wouldn't be able to tell you that be true or false.

from all your comments here it sounds like you're complaining that your car now feels like its slower than a Toyota Prius Hybrid...but you haven't posted any dyno's. The only way your car could be that slow is if you have a fault with the ECU, or somehow have an issue with your ECU and flash. Heck, maybe your transmission has a fault for all we know! Maybe your car battery doesn't have enough voltage to allow the myGenius to properly complete the flash and validate checksums? If that did occur (not sure if the Mercedes ECU works in this fashion), you will have run issues. I know when flashing an Audi/VW/Porsche/Lamborghini ECU that can easily occur. In some rare occurrences it can cause a complete ECU lockout.

you could even drive your car and have your passenger record you giving it full throttle...anything!
Being a tuner myself you really need to do things one step at a time and report back. Creating swirl won't help unless you proceed to follow the tuners steps for diagnosis. Just yesterday I spent 2 hours helping a guy in Washington DC with his Haltech ECU over the internet. The 2nd thing i told him was, "HAVE YOU VALIDATED ALL YOUR WIRING IS CORRECTLY WIRED AND HOOKED UP." I repeated this about 8 other times over the next 2 hours of support, and he kept assuring me he has checked it 5 times already. After I exhausted all solutions and diagnosis, I told him that he would have to verify his wiring one more time at MY request. 10 minutes later he reports back that he had ONE connector not attached which caused a no fuel situation to his injectors.

moral of the story is...diagnosis is a step by step procedure and sometimes it takes time to figure it out, but any person selling a product or service they care about WILL diagnose the issue "with" you. that guy in DC, i was just helping. I didn't sell him any product or support, but felt that nobody he has spoke to was knowledgeable to properly solve his issues.
No I do not have any dyno's available anywhere near me. Im not sure why you would have told me that the stock "oem" file was actually untouched being "NOW" your telling me that you can't read the factory tune so why then would anyone have to send you the factory tune? Yes, after you sent the 2nd revised tune out the car did blow the tires off but this was after You had me do a Hard reset, which every car that has adaptive learn would react in the same manner but after the adaptions were learned the car will not what so ever blow the tires off nor does it set you back like the factory tune that came in the car and this was explained to you and I asked for a refund since this wasn't working out but you told me that it was pass your return policy which was a slap in the face being that you knew that I was having problems with it from the begin. Ive asked several times how data logging could be done but you guys told me that its not possible with your unit. Being that you have had this same issue with several other cars could you at least tell me what seemed to have been the problem and if you have a solution for it?

you could even drive your car and have your passenger record you giving it full throttle...anything! Being a tuner myself you really need to do things one step at a time and report back. Creating swirl won't help unless you proceed to follow the tuners steps for diagnosis. Just yesterday I spent 2 hours helping a guy in Washington DC with his Haltech ECU over the internet. The 2nd thing i told him was, "HAVE YOU VALIDATED ALL YOUR WIRING IS CORRECTLY WIRED AND HOOKED UP." I repeated this about 8 other times over the next 2 hours of support, and he kept assuring me he has checked it 5 times already. After I exhausted all solutions and diagnosis, I told him that he would have to verify his wiring one more time at MY request. 10 minutes later he reports back that he had ONE connector not attached which caused a no fuel situation to his injectors.

Okay, so things in this thread are not adding up. I'm going to point out a few here as an unbiased spectator.

1) These points highlighted in red. So I don't get it... Did OE verify if he had a previous tune or not? OP says he has emails from OE stating the tune was stock. Can someone answer this one?

2) These points highlighted in blue. Okay, so OP doesn't have a dyno near him, nor does he want to pay for dyno time, nor does he want to take time off work. OE - is there not someother software you can provide him with where he can do a few datalogs between the two tunes? There are other perimeters you should be able to take a look at to know whether performance was enhanced or degraded outside of sheer WHP numbers... Couldn't you even compare how quickly revs are reached at WOT with one tune compared to another? That should give you an indication of speed? While doing this, you could also take a look at side by side graphs of the throttle body position to ensure OP isn't sandbagging his right foot while providing a dyno log. Just tying to be creative here for both sides. This brings me to the orange point. There has to be some other way outside of a dyno.

Making OP pay for dyno time does suck -- if I were a legit customer and this happened, I'd be beyond upset. But, given that there are always people out for a free lunch, I guess OE has to put it back on the customer to prove their findings. Still not right in my book.

On another note, why not just make OP send mygenius with tune back and OE, you personally, flash his car back to stock with a laptop... Again, just trying to be creative here as this looks like it won't be ending well for anyone.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:10 PM

2012 c63 amg coupe
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Some people just shouldn't be sold a tune without taking an IQ and personality-disorder test first
So all Im asking for is the product that I paid a company for, or whatever they are, to work? Don't be a clown
Old 08-25-2016, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
So all Im asking for is the product that I paid a company for, or whatever they are, to work? Don't be a clown
The thing is no one can prove you didn't get it. Just be completely objective for one moment and take a step back.

Ask OE for some other sort of free data logging software.

EDIT: Bingo! Download this to your PC, get a USB to OB2 cable, 3 runs of each. Anyone with half a brain will be able to go and compare to two tunes based on the parameters this program supports.

http://www.easyobdii.com/free-download/

1) RPM
2) Throttle Load
3) Vehicle Speed

Last edited by AMG3.2; 08-25-2016 at 06:32 PM.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:29 PM

2012 c63 amg coupe
Originally Posted by AMG3.2
2) These points highlighted in blue. Okay, so OP doesn't have a dyno near him, nor does he want to pay for dyno time, nor does he want to take time off work. OE - is there not someother software you can provide him with where he can do a few datalogs between the two tunes? There are other perimeters you should be able to take a look at to know whether performance was enhanced or degraded outside of sheer WHP numbers... Couldn't you even compare how quickly revs are reached at WOT with one tune compared to another? That should give you an indication of speed? While doing this, you could also take a look at side by side graphs of the throttle body position to ensure OP isn't sandbagging his right foot while providing a dyno log. Just tying to be creative here for both sides. This brings me to the orange point. There has to be some other way outside of a dyno.

Making OP pay for dyno time does suck -- if I were a legit customer and this happened, I'd be beyond upset. But, given that there are always people out for a free lunch, I guess OE has to put it back on the customer to prove their findings. Still not right in my book.

On another note, why not just make OP send mygenius with tune back and OE, you personally, flash his car back to stock with a laptop... Again, just trying to be creative here as this looks like it won't be ending well for anyone.
Im doing exactly what you just said on my gtr and it seems to be working out just fine without a dyno. Im honestly so over OE tuning's bull**** and would advise everyone to look other places before spending their money with them. For god sakes, just look at the way their customer service has been. To ask for the customer to go do this, go do that etc. are you kidding me, thats what we PAID YOU GUYS FOR. You guys even admitted to having issues with several other cars but want to come on here and act like you've done nothing wrong & have no issues. Hell I still haven't gotten a call back from them.

Last edited by VIPERRACING; 08-25-2016 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:34 PM
SPONSOR

2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
umm...they refunded the "car" that had issue...i think maybe time to just let it go and shop somewhere else after you receive refund.

Old 08-25-2016, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
It's a dangerous thing to believe all of the advertised numbers in the automotive industry.

Do you still have the MyGenius handheld? If so, there are other companies who may be able to work with you and use that device as well which will save you some extra cost if you end up having to cut your losses and go a different route.
You can't use an oe tuned mygenius device with another tuner. Once the device has been paired with a master tuning unit, that's the only tuner you can use it with. At least that's what I have been told in the past. The tuner can contact dimsport to re-pair the ecu with another vin#, but only if it's their own device. Must be a ploy to sell more handheld units.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
umm...they refunded the "car" that had issue...i think maybe time to just let it go and shop somewhere else after you receive refund.
They refunded another customer, but did not refund him. Oe told him that he was past the "refund" period. He just wants his money back so that he can let it go.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:52 PM
SPONSOR

2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
ya but if OEtuning can confirm he reverts his ECU tune back to an "original map" I'd assume they are ok with refunding him.

confirming will be difficult though.

Old 08-25-2016, 06:57 PM

2012 c63 amg coupe
I will if they give me a refund but Im not holding my breath nor do I care anymore. I have several pm'es from other members warning me that they did what oe asked them to do and they still refused to refund them after spending money on dyno time.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:01 PM
SPONSOR

2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
one thing you could do is buy a 15 dollar OBD2 bluetooth reader...use a phone app to log all sensors and send that information to them. i use one all the time to diagnose all of my cars as well as reset engine codes.

Torque is an android app. i forgot which i used for the iPhone...Dash Command i think.

basically it will log what the MAF is reading, what your throttle position is at, what the calculated HP rating is...etc etc etc.

without getting angry asking for help is key. sure you don't have a dyno, but they did as for logs, and an OBD2 reader can provide that for you. this is one path you could take to provide the appropriate "log files" to them as they have asked.

Last edited by hachiroku; 08-25-2016 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:11 PM
SPONSOR

2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
additionally maybe a good idea just to run through the standard diagnosis of engine...check spark plugs, fueling, etc, etc.

on my parents 2003 BMW 325i, the ignition coils on a few cylinders failed. car drove perfectly fine, and received the same fuel mileage. when i got into the car one day i thought to myself, "WHY IS THE CAR SO SLOW"...replaced the ignition coils and spark plugs, car came back to life. my parents thought the car was running perfect as it was driving and idling perfectly smooth.

not saying this is the situation here, as it doesn't sound like it, but providing a checklist of items inspected and diagnosed will give anybody assurance this or that isn't the culprit. certain things do need to be done step by step as process of elimination.

Old 08-26-2016, 01:13 PM

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
2011 C63
So if MyGenius can not read the original stock tune, then how does someone go back to the stock tune after the modified tune is loaded?
Old 08-26-2016, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by glennhl
So if MyGenius can not read the original stock tune, then how does someone go back to the stock tune after the modified tune is loaded?
It downloads the original file, you send that to the tuner, who saves that file and then modifies it and sends back the original file along with the tuned file.

The handheld can store multiple tunes, not limited to just one. You decide which file you upload to your car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ANYONE ELSE DISAPPOINTED WITH OE TUNE C63?