C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

C63BS best tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 09:56 PM

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
C63BS best tune

Hi guys, I'm at that point where I'd like to have some extra power, but not into the hard mod's yet. I guess a good start with actually nice results (for our V8 NA engine) is a decent tune. From that to the exhaust, then headers, then a blower itself, in a distant future maybe.

I've read a couple of threads here but couldn't get the real answer for the "what's the best tune for the C63 Black Series?", when I drop another question: is it worth it? Will I feel the difference? I'm no racing pilot, nor mechanical engineer, I'm just a crazy random guy with a very good taste

Waiting for your advice, guys. Big thanks in advance, and have a great week y'all.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:14 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
W204 C63
I'd say Eurocharged to be honest with you.

Depending on where you are, I'd actually get a custom Eurocharged Dyno Tune.
The following users liked this post:
Vpatriota (09-11-2016)
Old 09-11-2016, 10:18 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
AMG's
I am in your same boat. Going to do it gradually. Tune first then headers. I have to wait though, been throwing money into my wagon which has taken away from me tuning my BS.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by wheelz
I am in your same boat. Going to do it gradually. Tune first then headers. I have to wait though, been throwing money into my wagon which has taken away from me tuning my BS.
I'll give you guys the whole story:

I have a (kinda close) friend here that owns a (what should I call it?) place that does extreme makeovers/upgrades for cars (I don't know what you guys call it in english, sorry for the lack of vocabulary). He actually ordered a Weistec Stg 3 Supercharger for a w204 '08 C63 Sedan. The guy won't give me a break! He's superfun and we get along very well. He's been asking me to send him my ECU for a nice custom made tune, considering our gas, temperature, etc. I wasn't thinking about it for now, but he bugged me so hard about it that I decided to start thinking about it - and maybe give it a try.

But I want my Black Series to have THE best available. There are only 2 in the mars red color here in Brazil, you know.. I don't mean his work will be bad, not at all! But there are some guys that had nailed it already, so the chances of mistakes are minimum. He knows that I think that way already.

Wandering around internet, we can read a lot about Weistec and Eurocharged. Both with solid reputation, which doesn't mean that the others that I'm not familiar with are bad, it's just my fault, as I haven't searched deeper. My question is, in case I go with a Weistec SC, should I stick with their ECU tune and exhaust? Or we can go woohoo and mix everything up like Frankenstein (MHP headers + iPE exhaust + Eurocharged tune and so on)?

Well, will waiting for some more thoughts! Cheers

Last edited by Vpatriota; 09-11-2016 at 10:54 PM. Reason: added some more info
Old 09-11-2016, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Phil Chow
I'd say Eurocharged to be honest with you.

Depending on where you are, I'd actually get a custom Eurocharged Dyno Tune.
I'm from Brazil, hard place to import stuff, hard place to mod cars..
Old 09-12-2016, 03:05 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
C63AMG Coupe 507, GL X166
Start your mod list with installation oil/air separator. It's necessary for the M156 engine!
Old 09-12-2016, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Alex-r-1
Start your mod list with installation oil/air separator. It's necessary for the M156 engine!
Already on my plans, too, no doubt about that! Thanks.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by Alex-r-1
72k on my engine. Driven hard, tracked and daily driven. Not needed IMO. There was almost nothing in my intake manifold or on the valves.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by Vpatriota
Wandering around internet, we can read a lot about Weistec and Eurocharged. Both with solid reputation, which doesn't mean that the others that I'm not familiar with are bad, it's just my fault, as I haven't searched deeper. My question is, in case I go with a Weistec SC, should I stick with their ECU tune and exhaust? Or we can go woohoo and mix everything up like Frankenstein (MHP headers + iPE exhaust + Eurocharged tune and so on)?

Well, will waiting for some more thoughts! Cheers
Nothing wrong with going Frankenstein but if you are going to get the Weistec SC, I would go with the Weistec tune as well since they would prob have the best tune that would pair with the SC. The headers could be from anywhere, same for exhaust.
Vpatriota (09-14-2016)
Old 09-12-2016, 04:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 AMG Black Series
I decided to go all Weistec stuff on my BS and I love it! I will say the noise from the exhaust between 2k-4k is just...off, imo, lol.

I'm not talking drone, it doesn't drone on the freeway, I'm talking you're accelerating from a stop light in a non-aggressive manner, it just hits a weird pitch. Besides that, the exhaust is amazing! When you rail on it, it sounds absolutely insane.

I have their tune, tcu valve/tune, headers, exhaust, and I have ROW airboxes. I was debating on getting the high flow cat option from them as well...but I'm not sure I want it to be any louder.

I'm hoping to get it on the dyno here soon...if I do I'll get some vids of it.

Cheers!
Vpatriota (09-14-2016)
Old 09-12-2016, 08:58 PM

AMG's
Did you lower your BS and if so how?

Originally Posted by jpetro10
I decided to go all Weistec stuff on my BS and I love it! I will say the noise from the exhaust between 2k-4k is just...off, imo, lol.

I'm not talking drone, it doesn't drone on the freeway, I'm talking you're accelerating from a stop light in a non-aggressive manner, it just hits a weird pitch. Besides that, the exhaust is amazing! When you rail on it, it sounds absolutely insane.

I have their tune, tcu valve/tune, headers, exhaust, and I have ROW airboxes. I was debating on getting the high flow cat option from them as well...but I'm not sure I want it to be any louder.

Cheers!
Old 09-13-2016, 03:34 PM

C63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by wheelz
Did you lower your BS and if so how?
What's up buddy! How you enjoying your beast?

It wasn't lowered last time we spoke or when the pic in my sig was taken, at least not that I know of.

I actually just took it to a shop to have it lowered and get the alignment ready for a track sesh in October.

The stock suspension is adjustable. I believe its page 150 in the manual. It's super easy to do but I have zero tools since moving. Probably took the shop longer to get the wheels off then it took to lower it, lol.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:20 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 C63 AMG BS, 2010 C63 AMG (sold), 2006 M3 (sold)
I have also gone with Weistec, ecu & tcu/ valvebody for my CBS. Very happy with Weistec.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:26 PM

AMG's
Thanks. Found the page. Going to have to get it lowered a little. Smile on my face every time I drive it. Hard not to drive it everyday.

What's up buddy! How you enjoying your beast?

It wasn't lowered last time we spoke or when the pic in my sig was taken, at least not that I know of.

I actually just took it to a shop to have it lowered and get the alignment ready for a track sesh in October.

The stock suspension is adjustable. I believe its page 150 in the manual. It's super easy to do but I have zero tools since moving. Probably took the shop longer to get the wheels off then it took to lower it, lol.

Last edited by wheelz; 09-13-2016 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:39 AM

Importing stuff here in Brazil is very complicated. We pay usually 60-80% of the price only for taxes, believe it or not. So the headers, i.e, that costs around 5k usd, will cost me here around 7,5 to 9k usd. I'll contact their salesperson here, if there's anyone. I understand Weistec is a very solid company, never heard anybody not please with their results. Eurocharged is also very famous. I'll keep up reading and gathering some info from this forum, you guys are oftem mentioning this topic among other threads.

Thanks again for the replies. My main doubt is regarding any custom made tunes, as my aftermarket tech here told me it was possible, and quite easy to manufacture.

Originally Posted by C63amg Tokyo
I have also gone with Weistec, ecu & tcu/ valvebody for my CBS. Very happy with Weistec.
A Black Series can't get meaner than this one. Geez, such a ride. Congratz man!
Old 09-14-2016, 08:41 AM

Cheers!

The droning is an important matter! I had a SLK 55 R171 with aftermarket exhaust and it droned like a bi***. I eventually got sick of the exhaust, because I had to drive it always pushing it beyond 4k rpm. Waiting for the vids on the dyno

Last edited by Vpatriota; 09-14-2016 at 08:44 AM.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:51 AM

C63 AMG Black Series
The droning is an important matter! I had a SLK 55 R171 with aftermarket exhaust and it droned like a bi***. I eventually got sick of the exhaust, because I had to drive it always pushing it beyond 4k rpm. Waiting for the vids on the dyno
Here's an older video I did. Not the best quality but it'll give you a decent example of what to expect.

Again, no real drone when cruising...but when you take off casually it's...I don't want to say TOO loud...but it kind of is, lol. IMO, it would be phenomenal as a valved system that didn't open until after 3-4k. Either way, when you hammer on it, it sounds absolutely amazing.

Old 09-14-2016, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Oi Vpatriota tudo bem ai?
I chose eurocharged for mine because they were closer to me and they had that great black friday deal! Even if you are not local you can order a handheld and receive your tune via email. Very convenient.
As far as performance goes Weistec/eurocharged are pretty similar. I gained 36whp with tune only doing before/after dyno. It all depends how strong your engine is since a C63 BS like a C63 performance package is already tuned to a certain extant. So the HP gains are not huge as opposed to a C63 base. Expect to get another 40-50whp with catless long tube headers.
If you go the blower route I would recommend to be consistent with your choices. Weistec blower with weistec tune. GL
Old 09-14-2016, 12:06 PM

Here's an older video I did. Not the best quality but it'll give you a decent example of what to expect.

Again, no real drone when cruising...but when you take off casually it's...I don't want to say TOO loud...but it kind of is, lol. IMO, it would be phenomenal as a valved system that didn't open until after 3-4k. Either way, when you hammer on it, it sounds absolutely amazing.

Mercedes C63 AMG Black Series | Weistec Headers, Exhaust, Tune, ROW Intake, TCU Valve/Tune - YouTube
Sounds vicious. What are your thoughts on the iPE valvetronic exhaust? Not worth the $? And what's that annoying beep when you turn the beast on? I see it everywhere. Mine doesn't beep like that, thankfully.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by abcut973
Oi Vpatriota tudo bem ai?
I chose eurocharged for mine because they were closer to me and they had that great black friday deal! Even if you are not local you can order a handheld and receive your tune via email. Very convenient.
As far as performance goes Weistec/eurocharged are pretty similar. I gained 36whp with tune only doing before/after dyno. It all depends how strong your engine is since a C63 BS like a C63 performance package is already tuned to a certain extant. So the HP gains are not huge as opposed to a C63 base. Expect to get another 40-50whp with catless long tube headers.
If you go the blower route I would recommend to be consistent with your choices. Weistec blower with weistec tune. GL
Oi amigo! Tudo ótimo! Lol. Always laugh when someome talks to me in portuguese. Sometimes I feel I'm the only brazilian here. Regarding the handheld, that's what I'm afraid of: imagine if someome (somehow) looses my ECU. Maybe the best way is when I go to California. Brazilian post-office (as many other public services) are not trust worthy. Thanks for the advice!
Old 09-14-2016, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Oi amigo! Tudo ótimo! Lol. Always laugh when someome talks to me in portuguese. Sometimes I feel I'm the only brazilian here. Regarding the handheld, that's what I'm afraid of: imagine if someome (somehow) looses my ECU. Maybe the best way is when I go to California. Brazilian post-office (as many other public services) are not trust worthy. Thanks for the advice!
I lived in Sao Paulo for 2 years so I know what you are talking about.
But you don't need to send you ECU. You only need to get the handheld and send back your OEM file to Eurocharged. They'll send you back the tuned file for your car.
Looks like you will be going to Cali anyways so I already see a trip to weistec !
Old 09-14-2016, 07:58 PM

AMG's
Did you end up selling or did you trade it in? What did you get?

Originally Posted by abcut973
I lived in Sao Paulo for 2 years so I know what you are talking about.
But you don't need to send you ECU. You only need to get the handheld and send back your OEM file to Eurocharged. They'll send you back the tuned file for your car.
Looks like you will be going to Cali anyways so I already see a trip to weistec !