C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Traction control kicking on and car falls flat on its face

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 01:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
Traction control kicking on and car falls flat on its face

this has happened twice this week, driving with traction control on (my rear tires are super bald, need to replace ASAP) and i pin it and traction control kicks on and says "unavailable" and then i cant give the car any gas. i hit the pedal and nothing happens. i have to pull over, turn the car off, and restart it. today i turned traction control off and pinned it and it didnt do it. maybe the traction control system doesnt like my bald tires?

has this happened to anyone before??

Last edited by talkinghamster; 09-13-2016 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
AMGs
not sure, i just replaced my tires and the previous set was really bald ...almost showing wires (i live in the middle of no where so getting tires takes forever) but it never really had an issue with the TC going off ..although i didn't really pin it due to them being bald and it's not really safe

get new tires and see if it happens ...if you need a cheaper set look @ the falken FK453s(around $240 a tire)..i've bought 6 sets so far and they are great ..last around 20,000-25,000KM of semi hard driving
Old 09-14-2016, 11:25 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C63
Does traction control kick in and then literally you have no more throttle? Even after you stop spinning your tires? TC should stop the spin by cutting throttle and then once it no longer detects wheel slip everything goes back to normal. At least that's how it works on my car.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
it wouldnt even kick in, it just says in the speedo display "Traction control unavailable" and then the throttle is unresponsive and you have to coast to a stop and restart the car.

have been driving with no traction control lately and it hasnt happened.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:25 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
'18 Audi A4
I had the same issues with my previous C63, in my case, my issues seemed to be tied to the throttle body upgrade the car had, to bigger TBs. I was looking at your sig for something like that but not on there. No one could tell me for sure what it was and it would happen randomly, my tires were fine so that wasn't the issue, but it seemed to point towards that.