C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

My MHP and ARH experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 12:42 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
My MHP and ARH experience

I purchased a set of ARH headers from MHP on 8/15/16. I had a very easy time purchasing them and they contacted American Racing Headers in Long Island and confirmed there was a set in stock. I then contacted ARH and spoke with Sal. I asked him if he could do the install for me since they are the ones making the headers. He told me he could and we set up a date for August 31st. One day before the date, Sal contacted me and told me that he could not get me in that day which was a Wednesday, and that by the end of the week he would have a better idea of when he could. He said he was backlogged with R&D. I said no big problem since I wasn't in a hurry. That week went by and no answer. I contacted him the following Tuesday and let him know that on the 9/15 i was leaving the country. Again he told me that he could not get me in that week. I contacted Sal again on 9/19 and explained my situation and that I had left on the 15th. I asked if it was possible that he squeezes me in at any time before then and someone would drop my car off. He responded that he couldn't and recommended that I go to JTM next door to them. I spoke with them and set a date up and for some reason that didn't happen which was a problem on my brothers end. While on vacation I contacted Sal again on 9/25 and asked him if he could just ship the headers to my house because I was tired of waiting on ARH for the install. He responded and said he will ship them out the same day. I contacted him on 9/29 to see if they were shipped out and he then responded that he will check and see. About an hour later my CC was charged for shipping. So that means had I not contacted him again, the headers probably wouldn't have shipped. I got back from my vacation a little early on 10/2 and I got the headers on 10/3. I had them taken over to Harry at Bergen Imports for the install. I thought finally this nightmare is done. I dropped my car off at Bergen Imports on 10/3 and got a call from Harry the next day. He notified me that the headers that were sent to me were for a E63. So I contacted ARH and whoever I spoke to had an attitude and kept implying that the mistake was on MHP and not them. I contacted MHP and they answered right away and were on top of the issue. They showed me that the order was for a C63 not a E63 and that all the paperwork states C63. All my emails with ARH and my phone calls, state that we spoke about a C63. Over a hundred times. I get a call from Sal at ARH later in the day and he informs me that my headers were accidentally sent to someone else and his were sent to me. Pretty big screw up and crazy considering I was first told that my headers were for an E63, not changed to wrong shipment. Sal then told me that he would build me a set on Wednesday and that they would ship by Friday and arrive on Monday. Monday nothing came so I contacted him again and he told me they are still being built and will ship out Wednesday which is today. At this point Harry is getting frustrated because he already had removed my headers and has my car on a lift. He sent the E63 headers back to ARH the same day. So my car has been on a lift blocking him from working on other cars for over a week. He has been very patient but it sucks because there isn't anything I can do. So while we are still waiting, I had time to reflect. I was wondering if they ever had the headers in stock. And if they did, how is it that it took them 5 days to ship and still get it wrong? Maybe they gave me the run around so they can build them in time. The crazy thing is that MHP gets the bad rep but they email within minutes and call right away. So I wonder if the negligence by ARH has had a negative effect on MHP's image. At no point did anyone from MHP put the blame on ARH. They offered to help even though they were not at fault. Anyways just thought I'd share my terrible experience. I know others had a great experience with ARH thats why I chose to go with them since I was local.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:38 PM

Received 105 Likes on 56 Posts
c63 coupe p31weistec stg3 SOLD,2013 C63 BLACK SERIES.
I ordered them thru mhp and they delivered no problem
Old 10-13-2016, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
I drove to ARH to pick them up. Didn't experience any issues with my headers. Did they get you the correct headers?
Old 10-13-2016, 09:20 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
I drove to ARH to pick them up. Didn't experience any issues with my headers. Did they get you the correct headers?
Yes I spoke with Sal today. He confirmed they were shipped to Bergen Imports. He also apologized numerous times.

I don't want anyone to think Im bashing them because I'm not. Just sharing my experience with you guys. Jeff you were actually the reason why I went with ARH over MBH. I gave the car to my younger brother who is waiting to get it back for a custom widebody kit. Im currently trying to get a W205 c63 coupe
The following users liked this post:
I am Jeff (10-16-2016)
Old 10-16-2016, 02:15 PM

Received 55 Likes on 22 Posts
2008 MB C350 4MATIC/2011 CL63 AMG/2014 C63 Coupe 507
I ordered MHP last last year from the groupbuy; they were awesome and really helpful.